Well...

kapkomet

QUOTE(jackie hayes @ Sep 12, 2005 -> 03:22 AM)
That is basically my perspective.  It's not even interesting speculating on what could have been done, this is the team.  And divying up blame for this play...  The only question is where to start.

But we still look good for the division, and our offense still could get hot at the right times in October.  Just gotta cross your fingers.  There isn't much to say at this point.

Even though I've ignored the last line by saying a lot tonight (when I probably shouldn't have), great post.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Sep 11, 2005 -> 08:18 PM)
I noticed PaleHoseGeorge has finally lost his mind.

In the roadhouse, he's collecting names of people doubting the club and denying them access to the website if they make the postseason.

We should start doing this. It would sure root out the "dark clouds."  :D

He kicked me off last year when he and I exchanged posts about Mags signing with the Tigers. I said it was a mistake letting Ordonez go. At the time I thought it was. But George doesn't like to be crossed. He who has the most toys...

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Sep 12, 2005 -> 03:23 AM)
Even though I've ignored the last line by saying a lot tonight (when I probably shouldn't have), great post.

Thanks. I don't want to give the impression that I'm asking anyone to stop discussing things. I think of most of these posts as electronic 'nervous chatter', which is natural.

All I can say is, thank God football's starting now.

See my sig. It was an amazing run all spring and summer, but the night before school started for me, it all ended. That was the game where Freddy threw a one hitter and lost the game. It has been a great season, I just hope we can hang onto the division at least or that would be incredibly embarassing.

QUOTE(whitesoxin' @ Sep 12, 2005 -> 02:08 PM)
See my sig. It was an amazing run all spring and summer, but the night before school started for me, it all ended. That was the game where Freddy threw a one hitter and lost the game. It has been a great season, I just hope we can hang onto the division at least or that would be incredibly embarassing.

We've seen your sig a lot, you don't need to raise it everytime a "We're Doomed" thread comes up.

Anyways, I'm still of the view, if you get to October anything can happen. But with the way Cleveland's playing, we've still got to get there first.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Sep 11, 2005 -> 11:10 PM)
We've seen your sig a lot, you don't need to raise it everytime a "We're Doomed" thread comes up.

Anyways, I'm still of the view, if you get to October anything can happen. But with the way Cleveland's playing, we've still got to get there first.

This is only the second time I've brought it up. I haven't posted a lot at all since that game, especially in Pale Hose. I doubt that I have more than 10 posts in Pale Hose since I gave up on this team. These are the only threads that I feel I can voice my opinion because I'd be branded a pessimist if I brought it up in any other thread.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Sep 11, 2005 -> 03:46 PM)
Usually I'm pretty positive about this season, but this weekend told me that we don't belong.  We just don't.

I don't know where our guts, and clawing, and swagger went, but I didn't see it all weekend.

Barring a serious attitude adjustment, I don't see us getting very far now.

This is definitely reminding me of 2000 all over again.

My brother and I felt the same way. If we can't beat the teams in front of us how are we going to get past the 1st round. Its hard to believe we can give up this lead to the tribe. But thats still possible. It sickens my stomach. Are the Indians going to lose another game this year. It sure doesn't seem like it.

QUOTE(whitesoxin' @ Sep 11, 2005 -> 11:14 PM)
This is only the second time I've brought it up. I haven't posted a lot at all since that game, especially in Pale Hose. I doubt that I have more than 10 posts in Pale Hose since I gave up on this team. These are the only threads that I feel I can voice my opinion because I'd be branded a pessimist if I brought it up in any other thread.

You've already been branded a pessimist, and rightfully so, anything you say from here on out is just gravy.

I'm not the kind of person who says "I give!" any more than the other guy; however, I can see the playoffs for this team, but my picture in my mind of them winning it all has almost faded away.

If you can't beat the Angels at least once at home, - I mean, the last two games weren't even that close! - then, your post season visit will be a short one.

I am saying it right now...

I don't expect the White Sox to win the World Series this year.

:crying

Edited by knightni

The Sox need to show some balls.

One poster said we are all pussies. No we are not.

I said after the friday night loss we'll find out if the Sox have any balls.

If they want to be known as the team that blew one of the biggest leads

in baseball history, then they will continue to lose.

As far as Cleveland, I tip my cap to them. They just jumped on Minn tonight

looking like world series champs. If they continue this sizz they will win the division. But can they win 8 of 10 the rest of the way?

QUOTE(jackie hayes @ Sep 11, 2005 -> 11:59 PM)
Thanks.  I don't want to give the impression that I'm asking anyone to stop discussing things.  I think of most of these posts as electronic 'nervous chatter', which is natural.

All I can say is, thank God football's starting now.

So we can realize our entire city sucks in sports? Seriously, I don't know how a major city like Chicago can suck so much in just about every aspect of sports. We had the Bulls, and that's great for most, but I don't even care about basketball. We might have arguably the worst two baseball franchises in history (forgetting about the Rockies and Devil Rays, which probably won't even be around in a few years) and the Bears and Blackhawks. I guess we can hang our hats on the '85 Bears for another 20 years, though. This city needs to get its act together.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Sep 12, 2005 -> 01:05 PM)
So we can realize our entire city sucks in sports?

More or less. What I mean is, it's a distraction. I love the Bears, but it means less to me than the Sox. So it's something to take my mind off all these playoff worries, that won't worry me as much.

I wouldn't say the Sox "suck", though. Though they haven't looked like champions, either.

This team is embarrassing.

Ozzie wants to b**** about fan support. They haven't played lately like they deserve fan support. Cleveland is on fire right now, but for the Magic Number to stay stagnant for four days when two factors can reduce the number (Sox Win/Cleve Loss) is a joke.

We need to go for the throat, not pray we hang on. We suck right now. Nothing is working. Carl Everett is just a dog this month. Iguchi is severely slowed in the second half. Pods doesn't steal any more and our oh so sacred pitching staff. Mark Burehle is not an ace, Jon Garland is not an ace, Freddy Garcia is not an ace. Right now, we have two #2s(MB & Freddy), one # 3 (Garland), one #4 (Count), one #5 (BMac), and one guy who should be shut down for the year (Duque).

Seriously, what happened to PODS stealing bases, sacraficing the player in to score and playing good defense. This is not the same team that opened this lead in the beginning of the season. They look slow, lethargic, lazy. It looks like they are just waiting for the season to end. If there is a time for us to win its now. Cle has Oakland and we have KC, we need to open up another lead before we take on cleveland so there is no hope of them catching us. Please guys, dont calapse this year.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Sep 11, 2005 -> 08:43 PM)
Honestly, I'd take Lloyd McLendon(a guy with fire, and is known for smarts) over Ozzie. I like fathom want the same thing in a manager. I know we won't ever get a Bobby Cox, but I want a guy who knows what he's doing. Give me Torre, give me LaRussa, give me McLendon, Leyland, Scosia, Tracy, Brenly, Howe, Randolph, Pinella, (does the list need to go further for me to get the point through? hope not).

This is funny. In Pittsburgh McClendon was sure known as fiery, but that's where it ends. His baseball smarts were questioned by many. Ask a long time die hard Pirate fan what he or she thought of Lloyd McClendon. You think Sox fans roast Ozzie? You should have checked out some Pirate message boards the last five years. The ownership group in Pittsburgh makes our own Uncle Jerry look like the one of the best in the game. They kept Mac around because he deflected blame from what is a tragically terrible baseball operation in Pittsburgh. Bob Brenly? I won't even go there or this would be an awfully long post. Just let me say he is the worst, and I mean the most awful baseball announcer ever to assault my ears.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Sep 13, 2005 -> 12:41 AM)
Like I said in another thread, the Sox are lucky. They hold this divison in the palm of there hand. They are going to decided if they want to play in the postseason or not.

And with they way we've played against the division this season, I still like our chances. The Cleveland Series will be the key of course though, but we've got the mental edge over them from our last series, hopefully that will count for something.

This is funny. In Pittsburgh McClendon was sure known as fiery, but that's where it ends. His baseball smarts were questioned by many. Ask a long time die hard Pirate fan what he or she thought of Lloyd McClendon. You think Sox fans roast Ozzie? You should have checked out some Pirate message boards the last five years. The ownership group in Pittsburgh makes our own Uncle Jerry look like the one of the best in the game. They kept Mac around because he deflected blame from what is a tragically terrible baseball operation in Pittsburgh. Bob Brenly? I won't even go there or this would be an awfully long post. Just let me say he is the worst, and I mean the most awful baseball announcer ever to assault my ears.

Great post.

I concur, Pirate fans have been ripping the hell out of McClendon for quite a while.

Yankee fans rip Torre, Cardinals fans rip LaRussa, Marlins fans rip McKeon, and don't even get me started with Atlanta fans re: Bobby Cox ("How come we only won one WS with all those division titles??? Cox doesn't know what he's doing!!!")

Twins manager Ron Gardenhire said he expects Silva to be checked again by team doctors, possibly an outside doctor, and then have the knee surgery scheduled, without waiting for the end of the season. "We're not going to mess with it," he said. "He's pitched enough."

Gardenhire said he has already discussed with other team officials the likelihood of putting super prospect Francisco Liriano in Silva's rotation spot — possibly inserting him in Johan Santana's slot Wednesday and backing up Santana to Friday to allow his sore finger extra time to heal.

We face Liriano or Santana on Friday. OH f***ING JOY!!!!!!!!

Either a guy who just owns us or a new rookie that hits 97 from the left side.

Edited by southsideirish71

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Sep 12, 2005 -> 11:49 AM)
We also face Wood who we beat 1-0, JP Howell who owned us last week against the Royals.  Our offense needs to get a pair and start f***ing hitting.

Greinke on Thursday. Who also isn't that bad of a pitcher.

Johan pitches Wednesday. Twins have Thursday off. So we'll probably get Liriano. So expect another case of "deer-in-the headlights" by the Sox hitters. Remember, the Sox don't have scouts on any of these pitchers.