Who's your "other" team?

SnB

I had this discussion earlier, thought it might make a decent thread.

We all have our primary teams, our alma maters, etc.

But what "big" college football team do you root for?

USC, notre dame, michigan, etc....

I'm a closet longhorns fan.

_done_0121horns.jpg

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(SnB @ Sep 11, 2005 -> 10:16 PM)
I had this discussion earlier, thought it might make a decent thread.

We all have our primary teams, our alma maters, etc.

But what "big" college football team do you root for?

USC, notre dame, michigan, etc....

I'm a closet longhorns fan.

_done_0121horns.jpg

IL is a big school. Do you pick another school just cause you want to win?

thats sort of being a bandwagon fan isnt it?

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Sep 12, 2005 -> 09:33 AM)
IL is a big school.  Do you pick another school just cause you want to win?

thats sort of being a bandwagon fan isnt it?

um, no?

Yes, ILL is by far my team in everything, but in football, they are never in the running for a championship.

This thread is about what bigtime college football programs do you root for? You don't have to be a major fan of them, but you have to have some favorite of the USC's, michigan's of the world. I don't live and die by a texas win or do i even give it much thought, but they're a fun team to watch and out of all the choices this season, i'd like them to win it.

So if you want to go along with that attitude, then everyone in this thread is a bandwagoner.

QUOTE(SnB @ Sep 12, 2005 -> 10:08 AM)
um, no?

Yes, ILL is by far my team in everything, but in football, they are never in the running for a championship.

This thread is about what bigtime college football programs do you root for?  You don't have to be a major fan of them, but you have to have some favorite of the USC's, michigan's of the world.  I don't live and die by a texas win or do i even give it much thought, but they're a fun team to watch and out of all the choices this season, i'd like them to win it.

So if you want to go along with that attitude, then everyone in this thread is a bandwagoner.

Wow, take a chill pill. Im just wondering why you have to be a fan of a team that is in contention of a championship. Does that mean in other sports you feel the same? I think you need some sort of a connection to a team to be a fan, otherwise, yes you are a bandwagon fan. Its the same reason everyone likes the yankees, red sox, and cubs. They want to be a fan of a team that may win the title.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Sep 12, 2005 -> 11:00 AM)
Wow, take a chill pill.  Im just wondering why you have to be a fan of a team that is in contention of a championship.  Does that mean in other sports you feel the same?  I think you need some sort of a connection to a team to be a fan, otherwise, yes you are a bandwagon fan.  Its the same reason everyone likes the yankees, red sox, and cubs.  They want to be a fan of a team that may win the title.

I think you can be a major fan of one team and have a semi-rooting interest in other, no matter what sport.

Yeah, sorry if i came off strong, i had just gotten back from a bad class

QUOTE(SnB @ Sep 12, 2005 -> 11:25 AM)
I think you can be a major fan of one team and have a semi-rooting interest in other, no matter what sport.

Yeah, sorry if i came off strong, i had just gotten back from a bad class

thats cool. Im just wondering how some people are saying USC is my team, yet they have no connection to them , and didnt like them 4 years ago. Thats the only problem I have with it. All of the teams I root for I have personal connections with, and I guess I just dont see the other side of the argument.

Grew up a huge ND fan, but have since lost the "awe" of Golden Dome football.

Illinois

...and a rather distant

Nebraska (Big fan of their program)

Alabama (One of the most history-laden programs in the country...I'm a sucker for that stuff)

But, having such a big interest in the NFL draft, I do watch a ton of collegiate football from around the country and tend to look at individual preformances moreso than school wins and losses.