White Sox @ Royals 9/14 Gamethread

WSoxMatt

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Sep 15, 2005 -> 01:24 AM)
A lot of players 3b hits come because of the ballpark they play in...the more nooks & crannies in the outfield, the more 3b hits you get.  The Cell doesn't have any of them.  Therefore, I consider triples to be a terrible stat to compare between different teams.

9 of his Triples are on the road. Don't we play in the same away parks as Cleveland does? :o

• Replies 819
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Sep 14, 2005 -> 07:23 PM)
Well I said if you care about slugging Sizmore is your man. I don't care about it as much from a leadoff man. I'm not saying I wouldn't take Sizemore. He's younger, but as leadoff men in that responsibility, theres not much diff.

What about the other 3 or 4 times in a game he's not leading off?

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Sep 14, 2005 -> 07:24 PM)
A lot of players 3b hits come because of the ballpark they play in...the more nooks & crannies in the outfield, the more 3b hits you get.  The Cell doesn't have any of them.  Therefore, I consider triples to be a terrible stat to compare between different teams.

It may be but half your games are on the road. One triple from Pods is surprising to me. I thought he have several more. He can drive the ball if he wants to.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Sep 14, 2005 -> 06:27 PM)
It may be but half your games are on the road. One triple from Pods is surprising to me. I thought he have several more. He can drive the ball if he wants to.

He's been making it a big focus this year to actually try to get on top of the ball and put it on the ground instead of trying to drive it like he did more last year...that's why he's leading the league in infield hits, but also why his home runs have gone down from like a dozen last year to 0 this year.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Sep 14, 2005 -> 07:26 PM)
What about the other 3 or 4 times in a game he's not leading off?

.261 .314 .450

Those are Sizemore's numbers with the bases empty. THat means he has a tough time getting things going for his team, which to me is a big thing as a leadoff/get on base hitter.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Sep 15, 2005 -> 01:27 AM)

Before yesterday, he was on pace to set two records:

- most stolen bases ever without a triple

- first player to hit at least 12 homers, and hit none the following season

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Sep 14, 2005 -> 07:30 PM)
.261    .314 .450 

Those are Sizemore's numbers with the bases empty. THat means he has a tough time getting things going for his team, which to me is a big thing as a leadoff/get on base hitter.

This reminds me of another game thread and the comparisons of Santana vs Buerhle.