If we somehow miss the postseason

KipWellsFan

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Sep 16, 2005 -> 02:12 PM)
That is true.  They have some excellent content, such as pictures and articles.  They are just amazing at the rate that they are driving people off at an incredible rate.

You must have been typing this at an incredible rate :bang :lol:

But in all seriousness, it has been crazy how they have been banning people lately.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Sep 16, 2005 -> 02:37 PM)
You've left us with only 4 starting pitchers.  And an even worse offense than we've got this year.

I didn't say we would be competitive if we did this.

It's called rebuilding for a reason.

I'd also like to note that I would move Cotts to the rotation.

Making it

Buehrle, Garland, Garcia, McCarthy and Cotts

Now, I havent read this thread (I assume thats its all "blah blah Ozzie sucks its all his fault"), but here are my thoughts.

No, Ozzie should not be fired, and shouldnt even be worrying about his job. You know why? We werent expecting the World Series this year. I, for one, was hoping for the playoffs and winning the central, so if we miss the playoffs, yes, it will be a disappointment considering how we played earlier this year, but no, Ozzie shouldnt be fired over it.

And again, the White Sox still have the best record in the American League. I seriously am beginning to think people forget that.

QUOTE(Felix @ Sep 16, 2005 -> 03:30 PM)
No, Ozzie should not be fired, and shouldnt even be worrying about his job.  You know why?  We werent expecting the World Series this year.  I, for one, was hoping for the playoffs and winning the central, so if we miss the playoffs, yes, it will be a disappointment considering how we played earlier this year, but no, Ozzie shouldnt be fired over it.

This would go down as one of the biggest chokejobs I've seen in my lifetime (in any sport) if we don't make the playoffs. And yes, everyone, INCLUDING Ozzie, should be blamed if we don't make the playoffs. It's easy to sit here and say, well before the season, yada yada yada. We obviously aren't in that boat now. We are in the boat of having a 15 game lead dwindle to 4.5 and watching a (as Heather Lee would say) passionless motherf***ing b****ass dips*** team take the field. The preseason expectations are thrown out the window. Look at what has happened the past few weeks. There is no positive way to spin it, unless you're drinking that organizational koolaid with your blinders on saying everything is alright.

Ozzie himself said it many times, this was the team he wanted. Preseason low expectations by the likes of someone like Steve Phillips don't get Ozzie or Kenny off the hook. If this team collapses, and chances are they are still going to be in the playoffs, Ozzie and Kenny have failed. Ozzie for the second year, Kenny for the fifth. If the collapse becomes complete, someone has to be held accountable.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Sep 16, 2005 -> 07:57 PM)
If the collapse becomes complete, someone has to be held accountable.

For the sake of the entire organization, some move would have to be made. There will be such resentment by a majority of the fans for the whole organization, that there almost has to be a scapegoat for the good of the team.

If things go completely south, perhaps we might expect to see Jerry call a press conference and accept responsibility for the collapse, then go to a prayer service with his wife, and finally appoint Karl Rove to head up the team rebuilding.

P.S. - The Sox aren’t going to miss the playoffs, and Ozzie isn’t going to be fired. I’d be happy to accept $20 wagers with everyone in this thread regarding Ozzie's 2006 employment status.

QUOTE(Mercy! @ Sep 16, 2005 -> 04:17 PM)
If things go completely south,  perhaps we might expect to see Jerry call a press conference and accept responsibility for the collapse, then go to a prayer service with his wife, and finally appoint Karl Rove to head up the team rebuilding.

P.S. - The Sox aren’t going to miss the playoffs, and Ozzie isn’t going to be fired.  I’d be happy to accept $20 wagers with everyone in this thread regarding Ozzie's 2006 employment status.

What about wagers on the Sox playoff status?

According to Scott Reifert:

To see the Playoff Odds report, go to baseballprospectus.com, then to statistics, and then to playoff odds report under "team."

I believe entering today, we had about an 80 percent chance of winning the division and 18 of being the wild card for a 98 percent chance of making the playoffs.  The information is updated each day.

So, there's still a 2% chance we won't go the playoffs. :o

Edited by robinventura23