Cleveland @ Chicago 7:05

letsgoarow

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(MinnySoxFan @ Sep 19, 2005 -> 11:39 PM)
It may have not worked this time, but this is the kind of commitment we need from everyone if we are actually going to ultimately win this thing.

Not gonna happen.....I'll never give that up!

QUOTE(Harry&JimmyRocked @ Sep 19, 2005 -> 07:39 PM)
what kind of game were you watching?  there was no fire.  CLEVELAND had the fire.

Are you kidding me. No fire...down 4-0, tie it up, than take the lead. Marte walked a guy and the walk really bit the club in the ass.

Lack of execusation late in the game, maybe, but at the same time the Sox showed a ton of fire, regardless of what you or any other fan that whines about this team choking will tell me.

QUOTE(S720 @ Sep 19, 2005 -> 10:39 PM)
Keep your word Soxfan1.  I don't want to see you on this board until next March.  Would you keep your word?

Please, we're still 2.5 games up!

ok mr. dedication. im sure you were the one who was saying, "don't worry, we're up by 15 games!"

I can't believe this. This could be the worst season that I've ever been a Sox fan. 1994 was a huge dissapointment because of the strike, 2000 was a pleasant surprise, 2001 had all of those injuries when I expected them to be good. 2003 we were winning it until about a week ago and then we totally hit the tank. And this year, the ultimate collapse.

I can just hear the Hawk. Paulie got his pitch and was just abit under it. It is fitting to lose our fianl chance to win the game on the old pop up. It's the favorite out of the Sox other than the DP. Well, maybe our ace pitcher will show he actually has something left tomorrow and we will be back up 3.5.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Sep 20, 2005 -> 03:40 AM)
Are you kidding me.  No fire...down 4-0, tie it up, than take the lead.  Marte walked a guy and the walk really bit the club in the ass. 

Lack of execusation late in the game, maybe, but at the same time the Sox showed a ton of fire, regardless of what you or any other fan that whines about this team choking will tell me.

FWIW, I saw a lot more fire from this team, and the crowd was fantastic tonight.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Sep 19, 2005 -> 09:40 PM)
Are you kidding me.  No fire...down 4-0, tie it up, than take the lead.  Marte walked a guy and the walk really bit the club in the ass. 

if going from 15 games to 2.5 games is not choking, i don't know what is.

QUOTE(S720 @ Sep 19, 2005 -> 11:39 PM)
Keep your word Soxfan1.  I don't want to see you on this board until next March.  Would you keep your word?

Please, we're still 2.5 games up!

Were still 15 games up!

Were still 9 games up!

Were still 6 games up!

Were still 2.5 games up!

Catch the trend?

QUOTE(greg775 @ Sep 20, 2005 -> 03:41 AM)
Why is this happening to our team?

- A manager w/no feel for how to handle pitching

- Inactivity at the deadline

- Lack of a number 3 hitter

- Terrible approach at the plate by our hitters

- Fantastic Indians team

- Starting pitching that was overused all season

....and much, much more

I thought the game against the Royals where Dye bobbled two balls within oen inning was the worst loss of the season.

Nope. This is FAR worse. With the national attention beamed on us it was proven, for all to witness, which team is playing with emotion and which is playing scared.

2.5 games now. We've already set a bench mark as the first time in Major League history to have a 15 game lead fall below 3 games. f***ing chokers.