Cleveland @ Chicago 7:05

letsgoarow

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(sircaffey @ Sep 20, 2005 -> 03:43 AM)
1.  Making the playoffs by default and then getting swept badly

or

2.  Missing the playoffs and seeing the outrage in the media and at SoxFest Jan 28-30

That's a tough choice....Either should be entertaining at least...

Nothing would be worse than missing the playoffs. I wonder if Steve Stone is brushing up on possible transactions this offseason?

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Sep 19, 2005 -> 10:40 PM)
Think realistically....what implications did you get that this team will make the playoffs?

1) They currently have a lead on the division (and a larger one on the WC)

2) The next two matchups favor the Sox

3) Cleveland will not be as hot the rest of the season as they are now

4) The records work out nicely on how many we would have to win and the Indians have to lose (not sure on the exact numbers)

Do I really need to keep going?

QUOTE(sircaffey @ Sep 19, 2005 -> 10:43 PM)
1.  Making the playoffs by default and then getting swept badly

or

2.  Missing the playoffs and seeing the outrage in the media and at SoxFest Jan 28-30

That's a tough choice....Either should be entertaining at least...

I cant wait for #2!

QUOTE(Harry&JimmyRocked @ Sep 19, 2005 -> 11:41 PM)
if going from 15 games to 2.5 games is not choking, i don't know what is.

Maybe, but its ridiculous to say there was "no fire" in this team. They were down 4-0 to a better pitcher in Millwood, fought back, and actually took the lead. Then we had good ole Oz managing the bullpen like an inpet Fantasy Football owner.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan99 @ Sep 20, 2005 -> 03:43 AM)
We still lead the Yankees by 4 games which is a fairly commanding lead at this point in the season.

Not when we play the best team in baseball 5 more times, as well as having to face Santana in a game. The Yanks and Red Sox have easy schedules the rest of the way, besides 3 against each other. We were up like 10 on the Yanks about a week ago.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Sep 19, 2005 -> 08:40 PM)
Are you kidding me.  No fire...down 4-0, tie it up, than take the lead.  Marte walked a guy and the walk really bit the club in the ass. 

Lack of execusation late in the game, maybe, but at the same time the Sox showed a ton of fire, regardless of what you or any other fan that whines about this team choking will tell me.

hey bro in irvine. i live in oceanside and would love to hang with you at the next anaheim game. another diehard lives in laguna that i always roll with. i like your attitude. lets hang next time. the sox just plain blew this one. i am really in disbelief at this point. but you are so right. i am still proud to be a sox fan and the crowd rocked and the team played extremely hard. this could be a huge loss. lets just get to the playoffs dammit!

A manager w/no feel for how to handle pitching

- Inactivity at the deadline

- Lack of a number 3 hitter

- Terrible approach at the plate by our hitters

- Fantastic Indians team

- Starting pitching that was overused all season

....and much, much more

Cant argue with you tonight.

One thing is for sure. Any night we don't get DOMINANT starting pitching the rest of this season we are NOT going to win the game. Case closed.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 19, 2005 -> 10:43 PM)
- A manager w/no feel for how to handle pitching

- Inactivity at the deadline

- Lack of a number 3 hitter

- Terrible approach at the plate by our hitters

- Fantastic Indians team

- Starting pitching that was overused all season

....and much, much more

But ozzie is a good cheer leader...

But no other team made any major moves...

Everett had a couple stretches that he got hot....

Etc...

QUOTE(farmteam @ Sep 19, 2005 -> 11:44 PM)

4) The records work out nicely on how many we would have to win and the Indians have to lose (not sure on the exact numbers)

Hmm, we were saying that a week into the 1nd half....and you malke it seem like there is 3 months left....October is less than 2 weeks away.

Oh, and at this point, NO matchup favors the Sox.....See: Kc Royals vs White Sox

QUOTE(farmteam @ Sep 19, 2005 -> 11:44 PM)

Hmm, we were saying that a week into the 1nd half....and you malke it seem like there is 3 months left....October is less than 2 weeks away.

Oh, and at this point, NO matchup favors the Sox.....See: Kc Royals vs White Sox

Its okay. I liked the fire our guys showed in the comeback, too bad we walked like eighty guys. Too bad we couldn't get that run in - in the 8th with a man on 2nd and NOBODY out. I'm not blaming Ozzie. Marte got the job done in Minny, so he figured he can rely on him, but a walk and a double just doesnt cut it. The Tribe is just on fire- were trying to survive. I'm sick of all this collapse talk. WE WILL WIN THE NEXT 2. We will be 4.5 games up after this series is over. Time for the real 1-2 punch to stand up. (Mark and Jon)

Dont quite guys. They need us these next 2 games more than ever. I'm for one is going to tommorow's game.

QUOTE(greg775 @ Sep 19, 2005 -> 09:45 PM)
Cant argue with you tonight.

One thing is for sure. Any night we don't get DOMINANT starting pitching the rest of this season we are NOT going to win the game. Case closed.

Now how tasteless and inappropriate is my avatar?

White Sox ABSOLUTELY, without excuse, need to win the next two games to salvage the season.

QUOTE(GreatScott82 @ Sep 19, 2005 -> 09:49 PM)
Its okay. I liked the fire our guys showed in the comeback, too bad we walked like eighty guys. Too bad we couldn't get that run in - in the 8th with a man on 2nd and NOBODY out. I'm not blaming Ozzie. Marte got the job done in Minny, so he figured he can rely on him, but a walk and a double just doesnt cut it. The Tribe is just on fire- were trying to survive. I'm sick of all this collapse talk. WE WILL WIN THE NEXT 2. We will be 4.5 games up after this series is over. Time for the real 1-2 punch to stand up. (Mark and Jon)

Dont quite guys. They need us these next 2 games more than ever. I'm for one is going to tommorow's game.

they don't need us. the need the "easy" button

QUOTE(MinnySoxFan @ Sep 19, 2005 -> 11:49 PM)
I had to change my avatar even though I'm an optimistic guy who still thinks we'll make the playoffs and could possibly get hot.

But I also think we should get everyone on this site to have a choking avatar.

Don't mean to be crass or insensitive, just stating the obvious.

As sick as I feel tonight, think if you owned a house in N. Orleans and had a job there and had to leave town 3 weeks ago, learned your house is ruined and you no longer had a job and the only clothes you had were on your back and in your backpack.

This isn't life and death.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan99 @ Sep 19, 2005 -> 08:43 PM)
We still lead the Yankees by 4 games which is a fairly commanding lead at this point in the season.

That 15 game lead was pretty commanding too.

Right now, I'm not even convinced this team can play .500 on the way out.

i cant believe that a guy who was hitting .190 was ready to get steamrolled by the fans got a hit off a totally unhittable stud that all of us love! baseball is like the stock market. i will say however what can go wrong usually goes wrong for the sox & their great fans! there is really no way any true whitesox fan really is going to believe that we will win tomorrow, impossible! good lord how in the hell did the bears & bulls bring joy to the city of chicago? walter & jordan!