Sox are officially cooked

brijames

If you have followed the ChiSox for 30 plus years you know when they are done, and this team is done!

This was a huge game tonight and the Sox played it just as they have played for the last month, terribly.

I expect a lot of finger pointing in that clubhouse and the Media is gonna be all over this collapse. I expect the Indians to win big tom night and then probably win another close one Wed for the sweep.

With 13 left after tonight I will be shocked if the Sox win more than 5 of them.

It's quite sad but thats White Sox baseball for as long as I can remember.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(mmmmmbeeer @ Sep 19, 2005 -> 10:44 PM)
This was the one game in the series that CLE had the pitching matchup in their favor.  We beat those odds but then Oz managed us right out of the win.  This team is NOT cooked.  Tue and Wed will go our way.  book it.

I f***ING LOVE HOW MARTE DUMPS ALL OVER THIS CLUB, AND THEN GETS PUT INTO SERIOUS f***ING SITUATIONS THAT MEAN THE f***ING WORLD TO EVERYONE BUT HIM. GIVE ME COTTS, POLITTE, HERMY, VIZ, OR JENKS AT THE BEGINNING OF THAT INNING AND WE HAVE NO PROBLEM.

WHAT IS OZZIE'S PROBLEM??

QUOTE(mmmmmbeeer @ Sep 20, 2005 -> 03:44 AM)
This was the one game in the series that CLE had the pitching matchup in their favor.  We beat those odds but then Oz managed us right out of the win.  This team is NOT cooked.  Tue and Wed will go our way.  book it.

I'd like our chances a lot better if we could get rid of the person who managed us out of the win.

QUOTE(chisoxfan79 @ Sep 20, 2005 -> 03:55 AM)
How will all you Sox fans be spending your October?  Seeing how there will be no playoff baseball on the South Side yet again and probally not for the next 5 years because this Indians team will dominate the AL central for that long maybe longer.

Like I have recent Octobers.....hoping for the best for the Sox offseason, and getting ready for college basketball season. I think we can all agree that this isn't the team of destiny that many felt it was, and that if they miss the playoffs, we'll get over it. I'm on the record saying we'll have a better Sox team in the next 5 years. By better, I mean a team with a better chance to win the World Series. This team simply has too little offense, and an awful manager.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 19, 2005 -> 11:53 PM)
I'd like our chances a lot better if we could get rid of the person who managed us out of the win.

" Garcia, with one win in his last nine starts, lasted 6 1-3 innings, giving up seven hits and four runs."

That is a waste of money for the next 5 years.

Edited by wallyburger

I have to say, to blame Guillen is typical 'the sky if falling', I'm a fan who thinks he/she knows everything BS. Guillen makes situational choices all the time, he got that from Jack McKeon...it's a strategic method of management, it's not complicated, but if the pitchers produce, it SHOULD work just fine.

Guillen put in the right pitchers for the right situations and THEY failed, the pitchers. Jenks failing against Boone is something I never saw happening, and neither did you, to claim you did makes you sound stupid.

90 wins, 2.5 game lead, playing .605 on the season, still probably going to the playoffs...and your crying. Hell, I'd take 90+ wins EVERY year even if it meant missing the playoffs.

I got a team 5 miles north I think you should cheer for. Fans like you are more fitting for them.

Edited by Y2HH

Good post. Half of you sniveling babies sound like Cub fans.

Listen (read) to yourselves.

This stretch sucks, no doubt about it. I, for one, am pulling for them to pull through and not chanting "chokers, losers, collapse!!!". What horses***.

In retrospect, come October 3, we might have indeed choked. But we need to give them our support until they REALLY DO choke.

Take 90 wins and miss the playoffs!!!!! That's really what you want? The goal is to WIN THE WORLD SERIES! Only one team is successful at the end of the year. We should hold THIS team and all Chicago teams to a higher standard. Now you are sounding like a Cub fan, hoping for moderate success. Anything short of a championship is a failure.

QUOTE(Y2HH @ Sep 20, 2005 -> 12:22 PM)
90 wins, 2.5 game lead, playing .605 on the season, still probably going to the playoffs...and your crying.  Hell, I'd take 90+ wins EVERY year even if it meant missing the playoffs.

I got a team 5 miles north I think you should cheer for.  Fans like you are more fitting for them.

The Cubs don't have to worry about fan backlash and lackluser attendance the following season if they had a collapse like the Sox are having. One of the biggest negatives of a Sox collapse is that attendance would likely decrease next year. Now, I wouldn't care about attendance if it didn't have a direct impact on the team's payroll. But since it does, that's a big concern for future seasons.

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Sep 19, 2005 -> 09:46 PM)
I f***ING LOVE HOW MARTE DUMPS ALL OVER THIS CLUB, AND THEN GETS PUT INTO SERIOUS f***ING SITUATIONS THAT MEAN THE f***ING WORLD TO EVERYONE BUT HIM.  GIVE ME COTTS, POLITTE, HERMY, VIZ, OR JENKS AT THE BEGINNING OF THAT INNING AND WE HAVE NO PROBLEM.

WHAT IS OZZIE'S PROBLEM??

Ozzie's problem is that as a baseball manager he is intellectually challenged. He compounds the problem by playing favorites.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Sep 20, 2005 -> 02:13 PM)
Until they're eliminated, the Sox are IN.

I don't think Cleveland could have played a much better game than they did last night and they still barely beat us and Ozzie pretty much handed them the game. Sorry, but I still don't fear this Indians team.

Casey Blake dropped a flyball, which lead to a big inning. The Indians also had massive warning track power last night, as they could have easily been up 5-0 in the 2nd inning. I bet the Indians fans are saying how great of a comeback the Sox made last night, and it still wasn't good enough to beat them.

Next time Ozzie starts running out to the mound every batter to get a lefty/lefty or righty/right match-up, you may want to look at the stats of the 5 pitchers he does this for most often:

Politte .159 against LH .175 against RH

Jenks .089 against LH .273 against RH

Cotts .215 against LH .127 against RH

Marte .256 against LH .235 against RH

Vizcaino .311 against LH .235 against RH

Except for Vizcaino all the other guys actually have more success against the guys they are being lifted for than the guys they are going in the game to retire.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 20, 2005 -> 09:17 AM)
Casey Blake dropped a flyball, which lead to a big inning.  The Indians also had massive warning track power last night, as they could have easily been up 5-0 in the 2nd inning.  I bet the Indians fans are saying how great of a comeback the Sox made last night, and it still wasn't good enough to beat them.

I recall us hitting 2 or 3 to the wall as well. That could have easily made it 8-7 Sox. Coulda, woulda, shoulda. Is the cup half full or half empty?

But hey, I'm not one to try to cheer this board up when it so obviously just wants to wallow in anger and s***.