Bears Vs Bengals

Kyyle23

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bengals are very suspect vs the run. Even though their arent that many rushing yards against them that is because they get ahead fast and force the other team to pass. But Bennett with not many carries ran through them with ease and Drougns had like a 6 yard avg. so running the ball should be our goal. But to be able to run the ball our defense has to stop them early... So shutdown Chad Johnson and stop the running game and it will be hard for them to move it. While Detroit has more depth and talent at WR the Bengals have CJ and another veteran Housmandezeh. Also Palmer is so much better than Harrington so he wont throw 5 picks.

Our offense is going to be important in this game more than ever because our defense will have a very tough time stopping them at full energy let alone if they are tired. Our D-Line needs to get some pressure on the QB because with Johnson in the secondary you dont want to blitz.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Sep 20, 2005 -> 07:56 PM)
And the Sox are 2.5 up playing the team chasing them with 13+ games left..............O well...

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Sep 20, 2005 -> 07:53 PM)
It's TUESDAY.

Whats the big deal? This thread is in the Sports Pub, not in Palehose talk. If you dont want to talk about the Bears, then dont.

Chad Johnson has begun the trash talk, this is gonna be a damn good game...

He thinks that Azumah will be covering him on Sunday and couldn't remember the name of the other guy that might be on him (Vasher), he said it really doesn't matter because noone in the NFL can cover him anyway... he did say the Bears defense is fast and that they should wear black and yellow because they're like bumble bees...

He also mentioned Mike Brown's name, which isn't the best idea, considering he's not afraid to take out a wide reciever...

What? I heard his comments today on Carmen and Silvy, and he said "We all know i am uncoverable. But after looking over the tape of their last game and the game against the Skins, this defense is unbelievable. they are sliding all over the place.."

i heard cockiness, but nothing like his previous escapades.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Sep 21, 2005 -> 05:39 PM)
What?  I heard his comments today on Carmen and Silvy, and he said "We all know i am uncoverable. But after looking over the tape of their last game and the game against the Skins, this defense is unbelievable. they are sliding all over the place.."

i heard cockiness, but nothing like his previous escapades.

What you heard was his conference call. ESPN also interviewed him today, he had some more interesting comments to make then.

QUOTE(Confederate_48 @ Sep 22, 2005 -> 07:37 AM)
What he said on ESPN was pretty funny I thought. He has a checklist in his locker and next up is Jerry Azumah and his goals for each week are 85 yards I think.

Knowing what Chad Johnson is capable of, an 85 yard day doesnt seem so bad.

Actually I just found out it says Who Covered 85 ?? Next to each corners name it has Yes or No. I thought it said something about 85 yards.

What does a corner have to do to merit a checkmark?

"They have to stop me one time," Johnson said. "That's it. One time to bat a ball down within four quarters. That gets a check in their box."

Edited by Confederate_48

QUOTE(Confederate_48 @ Sep 22, 2005 -> 09:02 AM)
Actually I just found out it says Who Covered 85 ?? Next to each corners name it has Yes or No. I thought it said something about 85 yards.

What does a corner have to do to merit a checkmark?

"They have to stop me one time," Johnson said. "That's it. One time to bat a ball down within four quarters. That gets a check in their box."

He is a really good receiver right now. But I dont think he is ready for our d at this point. We will get burned a couple of times, but we will also lay a nice hit on you every time you touch the ball. Palmer hasnt seen a pash rush like ours yet, and hasnt had anyone blitz from the angles like we do. Harrington had no trouble sitting in the pocket against Green Bay, but when it came to our scheme, he didnt know who was coming from where.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Sep 22, 2005 -> 04:22 PM)
He is a really good receiver right now.  But I dont think he is ready for our d at this point.  We will get burned a couple of times, but we will also lay a nice hit on you every time you touch the ball.  Palmer hasnt seen a pash rush like ours yet, and hasnt had anyone blitz from the angles like we do.  Harrington had no trouble sitting in the pocket against Green Bay, but when it came to our scheme, he didnt know who was coming from where.

Seems like he understands its gonna be a challenge at least

“It’s much respect, seriously,” Johnson said. “I never even talk like this, but man film does not lie, therefore 85 is going to keep his mouth shut this week.”

“It motivates me to play at a higher level when we play defenses like we’re getting to face this weekend,” Johnson said. “And right now from watching them on field they are the best defense I’ve seen because of the way they play.

“Everything that I do, everything that we do offensively has to be sound and perfect.”