Cleveland vs. Chicago 09/21/05 7:05PM CT

S720

• Replies 935
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jon Garland...your table is ready.

Big man...basically since this year started, I've thought of you as the #2 pitcher on this staff.

You ever want to hear the word "Ace" attached to your name?

Tonight's the night you can earn it.

Sit those mutherf*ckers down. Go get em big man.

:gosox1: :gosox3: :gosox2: :gosox1:

Guys, I can't control my sanity and excitement anymore!

I'm beginning to sweat profusely while clinging to the sides of

my head. I'm trembling violently. My voice is changing slowly into low guttural growls!

I'm growling! I'm howling! My hair is growing out! My fingernails are getting longer and sharper! And I'm in pain of anticipation! Tonight is full moon, isn't it?

LET'S GET READY FOR THE ONSLAUGHT! RIP THOSE INDIANS APART!!!

QUOTE(S720 @ Sep 21, 2005 -> 11:15 AM)
Guys,  I can't control my sanity and excitement anymore! 

I'm beginning to sweat profusely while clinging to the sides of

my head.  I'm trembling violently.  My voice is changing slowly into low guttural growls!

I'm growling!  I'm howling!  My hair is growing out!  My fingernails are getting longer and sharper!  And I'm in pain of anticipation!  Tonight is full moon, isn't it?

LET'S GET READY FOR THE ONSLAUGHT!  RIP THOSE INDIANS APART!!!

^ is turning into a weremonkey!

QUOTE(qwerty @ Sep 21, 2005 -> 04:54 AM)
While this may be true...

Indians  :fight garland?

Hardly.

Elarton is 0-1 with a 6.94 vs. the Sox - the Sox hit .347 with 3 HR against him this season.

Garland is 2-0 with 2.84 vs. the Indians - the Indians hit .346 with 1 HR against him this season.

I'd call this a tossup with Elarton's recent good pitching combined with Garland's last strong outing and the fact that he tends to keep the ball down to protect against the HR - I don't see a a multi-HR game for either team. This will be about who can pitch better and deliver the timely hit.

Can anyone else access the ticketmaster page to buy tickets for tonight? When I click on the "T", a page opens that says "Oops we can't open ...". I know it's not sold out; I just wanted to see where you can still get tickets. Maybe ticketmaster is to blame for not selling out all the seats. I'm just glad I have my tickets for tonight.. I'll be there cheering as loud as I can! :gosoxretro:

QUOTE(SouthSidePride05 @ Sep 21, 2005 -> 11:48 AM)
Can anyone else access the ticketmaster page to buy tickets for tonight?  When I click on the "T", a page opens that says "Oops we can't open ...".  I know it's not sold out; I just wanted to see where you can still get tickets.  Maybe ticketmaster is to blame for not selling out all the seats.  I'm just glad I have my tickets for tonight.. I'll be there cheering as loud as I can! :gosoxretro:

Doesn't ticketbastard cut off ticket sales on the day of the game early?

This is what we have to do to Cleveland tonight:

ChiSoxSmall.jpg

Garland: Another strong outing is a must. Our bullpen has been overworked lately.

This would be a big win tonight. Johan is lurking tomorrow.

:gosox1: :gosox2: :gosoxretro: :gosox4: :gosox3:

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Sep 21, 2005 -> 09:23 AM)
Rally f***in Crede b****es.  I will once again not watch the game to keep the karma going.  Eat s*** Cleeeeeeeveland

I was the opposite way last night. Whenever I wasn't watching, the Indians scored and the Sox did s***.....but when I was watching, they played really good. Shows you when I was watching, and when I wasn't watching. I'll be watching start to finish tonight...unless something comes up. :bang

I have a night class tonight :(!!!! I am so mad because I hate it and now I don't get to watch my sox. I guess the only thing good about it is that I will be using a computer so I will be able to follow the game. Even though I won't be here probably until late to cheer for them and take out my rally font I will be rooting in class. Even though I prefer less of a stressful game I don't care as long as they WIN!!

Garland has had some troubles vs. the Tribe during his career but tonight is not any ordinary start and I expect 7 strong innings, if he wants the win he needs to make sure he holds them off himself and can go as deep as possible since this bullpen has sucked lately. Go get them Garland, pitch inside and change speeds, no less than 7 innings JG.

As for our offense even though they have sucked scoring some runs they have showed some good things coming back many times in both games. Hopefully this time they will lead all the way with our pitching and defense holding them down. This team should know that a lead less than 3 is not safe enough and should keep going until the last out.

RALLY CREDE!! LETS GO SOX KICK THEIR ASS AND GET THE DAMN W!!! :gosoxretro: :pray :headbang

Edited by Sox Hustler

Lineup:

Pods, LF ... Iguchi, 2B ... Everett, DH ... PK, 1B ... AJ, C ... Dye, RF ... Rowand, CF ... Uribe, SS ... Crede, 3B ... Gar, RHP.

Also from Reifert:

The clubhouse was in stiches before the game when a video of Ozzie, Harold, Tim, Joey and Walk as players was put on the big screen television. Guys critiqued their coaches and laughed at the physiques. Ozzie looked like he was 12 years old and weighed 120 pounds.

Finally, as the team came off the field after Joe Crede's game-winning home run, Aaron Rowand was heard to say ... "I love Joe Crede." (Note: quote was a little cleaned up for public consumption).

Despite what you may have read or heard, guys seem very loose ... and it is not pretend (at least as far as I can tell). I actually spent five minutes this morning trying to figure out how you can pretend to be loose (or how an observer can determine when guys are pretending) but then I figured that was a waste of time.

:gosox3:

White Sox Lineup

Pods, LF ... Iguchi, 2B ... Everett, DH ... PK, 1B ... AJ, C ... Dye, RF ... Rowand, CF ... Uribe, SS ... Crede, 3B ... Gar, RHP.

Cleveland Lineup

Sizemore, CF ... Crisp, LF ... Peralta, SS ... Hafner, DH ... Martinez, C ... Belliard, 2B ... Broussard, 1B ... Boone, 3B ... Blake, RF ... Elarton, RHP.