McCarthy and Ozzie

bigredrudy

Ozzie seems almost fearful that McCarthy will pitch well because then he would not know what to do. What if McCarthy pitches well this evening and then his turn comes up next Tuesday. And then he does pitch well on Tuesday against Detroit and then he pitches well on the seasons final day. How could he not include McCarthy in the post season rotation if all that occurs. If McCarthy gives up more than 2 runs this evening I see Ozzie going back to Hernandez on Tuesday. Then his problem would be solved.

QUOTE(bigredrudy @ Sep 22, 2005 -> 05:10 PM)
Ozzie seems almost fearful that McCarthy will pitch well because then he would not know what to do. What if McCarthy pitches well this evening and then his turn comes up next Tuesday. And then he does pitch well on Tuesday against Detroit and then he pitches well on the seasons final day. How could he not include McCarthy in the post season rotation if all that occurs. If McCarthy gives up more than 2 runs this evening I see Ozzie going back to Hernandez on Tuesday. Then his problem would be solved.

Ozzie has said McCarthy won't start in the playoffs. I definitely think if McCarthy does poorly tonight, Ozzie will say "I told you so", and then pitch Mr. Duque and his 1-8 record in last 9 decisions.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 22, 2005 -> 10:26 AM)
Ozzie has said McCarthy won't start in the playoffs.  I definitely think if McCarthy does poorly tonight, Ozzie will say "I told you so", and then pitch Mr. Duque and his 1-8 record in last 9 decisions.

If we can't get a few solid starts from McCarthy here at the end of all things, then there won't be any concern with pitching either of them.

QUOTE(UC76 @ Sep 22, 2005 -> 05:34 PM)
If McCarthy continues to pitch well you can't take him out of the rotation. It's called riding the hot hand. Hopefully, Ozzie sees this.

Oh, and hopefully McCarthy pitches well.

:pray

McCarthy didn't help the Sox get to where they are now, so he won't be in the playoffs. Ozzie loves his veterans, and he definitely doesn't seem to be McCarthy's biggest fan. If McCarthy gives up 4 or more runs tonight, he won't start for the Sox again this season.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 22, 2005 -> 12:36 PM)
McCarthy didn't help the Sox get to where they are now, so he won't be in the playoffs.  Ozzie loves his veterans, and he definitely doesn't seem to be McCarthy's biggest fan.  If McCarthy gives up 4 or more runs tonight, he won't start for the Sox again this season.

I hope you're wrong, because then Ozzie is no better than Dusty Baker. If McCarthy is coming on strong now, you have to put the hot hand into the rotation, and let El Duque have a seat in the bullpen.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 22, 2005 -> 10:36 AM)
McCarthy didn't help the Sox get to where they are now, so he won't be in the playoffs.  Ozzie loves his veterans, and he definitely doesn't seem to be McCarthy's biggest fan.  If McCarthy gives up 4 or more runs tonight, he won't start for the Sox again this season.

He's got no choice. Duque is crap and Freddy should probably be shut down for a week. McCarthy will pitch again, hopefully in Cleveland.

Here's a satisfying scenario: Sox trail the tribe by two games going into cleveland and sweep behind Count, McCarthy and Garland. Man I crack myself up!!

:chair :fight :bang :banghead :stick

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 22, 2005 -> 12:36 PM)

The Sox are 5-2 in games started by McCarthy.

Well, I really hope that BMac is lights out the rest of the way and gets that job in the postseason rotation. If he pitches well, I don't think there's really any reason to start El Duque over McCarthy.

Please BMac, pitch well the rest of the way so we don't have to worry about this s*** that Herdandez has been showing us of late :pray

:gosox1:

QUOTE(HeGone! @ Sep 22, 2005 -> 04:41 PM)
Well, I really hope that BMac is lights out the rest of the way and gets that job in the postseason rotation. If he pitches well, I don't think there's really any reason to start El Duque over McCarthy.

Please BMac, pitch well the rest of the way so we don't have to worry about this s*** that Herdandez has been showing us of late :pray

:gosox1:

Again, for him to end up in the postseason rotation, if there ends up being such a thing, that means he'd have to replace Buehrle, Garland, Garcia, or Contreras, since almost every team uses a 4 man rotation in the playoffs with the 5th starter going into a long relief role.

Who would you take out of the rotation?

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 22, 2005 -> 05:36 PM)

Ozzie called McCarthy the next Jack Black didnt he and he said that if he could B-Mac would of made the team out of spring training..... I think he likes the kid a lot. Its just that Duque is a veteran and they brought him in for the stretch and playoffs so Ozzie wanted to give him every last chance.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Sep 22, 2005 -> 11:49 PM)
Ozzie called McCarthy the next Jack Black didnt he and he said that if he could B-Mac would of made the team out of spring training..... I think he likes the kid a lot.  Its just that Duque is a veteran and they brought him in for the stretch and playoffs so Ozzie wanted to give him every last chance.

HE'S NO ROGER CLEMENS!

Ozzie called McCarthy the next Jack Black didnt he and he said that if he could B-Mac would of made the team out of spring training..... I think he likes the kid a lot.  Its just that Duque is a veteran and they brought him in for the stretch and playoffs so Ozzie wanted to give him every last chance.

I think you are dead on correct with this.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Sep 22, 2005 -> 06:46 PM)
Again, for him to end up in the postseason rotation, if there ends up being such a thing, that means he'd have to replace Buehrle, Garland, Garcia, or Contreras, since almost every team uses a 4 man rotation in the playoffs with the 5th starter going into a long relief role.

Who would you take out of the rotation?

I would honestly take out buehlre are garcia , but if i were GM wouldn't u already be hating me just for sayint this? lol