No one said it would be easy

WSoxMatt

QUOTE(GoRowand33 @ Sep 26, 2005 -> 07:22 PM)
some ideas for tomorrow

start ozuna over everett

rowand bats third

manage bullpen better

I thought Rowand should hit 3rd as well, but after tonight? Man he looked absolutely pathetic up there against a mediocre pitcher. The offense still blows no matter who hits 3rd.

So f'n frustrated right now. :angry:

QUOTE(JimH @ Sep 26, 2005 -> 09:42 PM)
Please tell the class what you would've done differently, and how it would've worked out better Carnac.

He's just always negative about everything to do with the Sox when they lose, and when they win, he's always positive.

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Sep 27, 2005 -> 02:30 AM)
I thought Rowand should hit 3rd as well, but after tonight? Man he looked absolutely pathetic up there against a mediocre pitcher. The offense still blows no matter who hits 3rd.

So f'n frustrated right now.  :angry:

Rowand's a totally different hitter against lefties.

1. Think of all the 3 hole hitters in either league and then compare them to AJ, Everett or the flavor of the day Rowand. That shows one of our biggest problems.

I know that AJ is only in the 3 hole because Everett is slumping but cmon, that is the best we can do? It really shows a difficiency in this team. Look at all the past World Series winners ( or at least the last 5 years) and name who was the 3 hitter. They are all "studs". Opponents just have to make sure Konerko doesn't beat them and there is nothing to fear.....

2. i don't blame Ozzie for Rowand's poor bunt execution but Rowand shouldn't have been bunting then. TAKE A CHANCE ONCE IN AWHILE THAT SOMEONE WILL GET A HIT INSTEAD OF SACRIFICING ! OF YOUR 3 OUTS.

When you play for one run you often get none or 1. Rowand is one of the few we have that coud hit a gap....

3. SIT EVERETT DOWN ONE GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Please, someone tell Uribe that he doesn't have to swing at every high pitched ball thrown to him. Tell him we are playing baseball-not homerun derby or 16" softball.

Worst case scenario for this Tigers series is that the Sox have to at least win one game. Thus, we'd only need one more win in the Cleveland series in order to guarantee a wild card play-in game. Like I said, that's the worst case scenario for this week that could still end up being ok in the long run.

QUOTE(WSoxMatt @ Sep 26, 2005 -> 09:14 PM)
And its not, we will definetely have to win some games in Cleveland now!!!  AJ out of #3 spot...Time to put Rowand up there for good!!

September

AVG   OBP   SLG

Crede .404 .446 .827

Uribe .298 .359 .631

Dye .267 .319 .512

Rowand .258 .343 .404

Pierz .221 .284 .324

Everett .159 .267 .284

or you could put somebody there who is actually hitting.

Edited by Gene Honda Civic

I don't think we're gonna win a game in Cleveland. No way.

Does anybody out there think we can win a game in Cleveland?

After their incredible comeback they will not stop letting us win a game there.

Can we still realistically claim the wild card?

QUOTE(greg775 @ Sep 27, 2005 -> 05:57 AM)

Can't win a game in Cleveland? Funny that this is coming from me, but have a little faith in this team. If we don't even belong on the same field as the Indians, then I could care less if the Sox make the playoffs. The Sox need to win a maximum of 3 games to guarantee a playoff bith.

QUOTE(greg775 @ Sep 26, 2005 -> 10:57 PM)

Momentum is a big thing this time of year. If the sox come stumbling into cleveland....not good.