Playoff rotation and lineups

CYGarland

Well now that were in, we can finally look to the playoffs and set ourselves up for postseason success. Which rotation and lineups would you guys go with? Here would be mine.....Lineup....Pods, Iguchi, Dye, PK, Everett, Crede, AJ, Rowand, Uribe........Rotation....Contreras, Buehrle, Garcia, Garland......BP....McCarthy/El Duque, Marte, Cotts, Politte, Hermansen/Jenks.....Bench...Willie, Gload, Pablo, Widger, Timo........GO GET EM GUYS!!!!!!!!

Edited by CYGarland

QUOTE(go-sox05 @ Sep 29, 2005 -> 01:50 PM)
yeah i like Gload being in the playoffs.  Id like to see him get some playing time in the upcoming series with clevland.

I would like to see him start all 3 games. We need a LH power threat off the bench, and he's all we got.

I'd like to see the reserves, but I don't want complete reserves. I don't want to have a lineup of:

C-Raul Casanova

1B-Ross Gload

2B-Willie Harris

3B-Pablo Ozuna

SS-Geoff Blum

RF-Brian Anderson

CF-Timo Perez

LF- Joe Borchard

DH - Chris Widger

I'll puke if I see more than 3 of those guys starting in any of the games this weekend.

Wow! Dump Garland for McCarthy? I thought everybody would say El Duque. Although, if he's the playoff ace...

Hmm.

But DEFINITELY start Contreras first. No doubt.

I agree with the lineups.

And goddammit Podsednik, start STEALING BASES! I don't care you're hurt. Then RUN FASTER! :cheers

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Sep 29, 2005 -> 12:57 PM)
I'd like to see the reserves, but I don't want complete reserves. I don't want to have a lineup of:

C-Raul Casanova

1B-Ross Gload

2B-Willie Harris

3B-Pablo Ozuna

SS-Geoff Blum

RF-Brian Anderson

CF-Timo Perez

LF- Joe Borchard

DH - Chris Widger

I'll puke if I see more than 3 of those guys starting in any of the games this weekend.

Angels did this last night - it was hilarious. We should do it for saturday - let the regulars sleep in.

QUOTE(CYGarland @ Sep 29, 2005 -> 02:52 PM)
I would like to see him start all 3 games. We need a LH power threat off the bench, and he's all we got.

I don't understand some peoples ifatuation with Gload. He's not a power hitter and he hasn't started all season. Now he is going to start three games in the playoffs. :huh

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Sep 29, 2005 -> 01:57 PM)

C-Raul Casanova

1B-Ross Gload

2B-Willie Harris

3B-Pablo Ozuna

SS-Geoff Blum

RF-Brian Anderson

CF-Timo Perez

LF- Joe Borchard

DH - Chris Widger

Well i think PK, Rowand, AJ, and Uribe could use some much needed time off. I'd let PAblo, Gload, Timo, and Widger get some playing time in this weeken to get them prepared for the playoffs.

Rotation: #1 Contreras, #2 Buerhle, #3 Garcia, #4 Garland

Long Relief: BMac, El Duque. Short Relief: NCotts, CPolitte, Marte, Jenks, Hermanson

Lineup: #1 Pods, Iguchi, Jurassic, Kong, Dye, Uribe, AJ, Crede, Rowand

I think Uribe & Crede have proven themselves late to move up. I see Rowand as the weakest hitter in the lineup right now.

Bench:Widger, Gload, Harris, Ozuna, Anderson

Edited by JUGGERNAUT

2 small differences from Juggs.

1. I leave El Duque off the playoff roster in favor of Viz. Viz has simply been better.

2. You only have 24 people on your 25 man. Include Timo as a backup outfielder and you're set.

3. Blum versus Gload? Gload is better with the bat, but Blum can also play 3b.