Tonight's starting Lineup

Allsox

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Sep 30, 2005 -> 03:46 PM)
Who would be better motivated to give it all they got in today's game? 7 bench players who are fighting for a playoff spot and possibly a spot on next year's roster or 7 regulars who know they're on the playoff roster and just clinched the division yesterday? Honestly, I think this lineup might give us the best chance to win.

Exactly, I think I already made that point though. :P

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Sep 30, 2005 -> 04:46 PM)
Who would be better motivated to give it all they got in today's game? 7 bench players who are fighting for a playoff spot and possibly a spot on next year's roster or 7 regulars who know they're on the playoff roster and just clinched the division yesterday? Honestly, I think this lineup might give us the best chance to win.

^

that's my line of thinking.

and hey, give the boys a rest, they deserve it.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Sep 30, 2005 -> 03:48 PM)
If you need help, you dont deserve to be there in the first place.

Red Sox had 159 games to decide their fate. Guillen doesn't need to cator to FOX, ESPN, and Bud Selig. That's what this is all about--somehow, someway, ensuring Red Sox and Yankees enter the playoffs.

I can't say I dislike the Yankees. However, the possibility of a postseason without hearing anything about that Shrek looking bastard "BIG PAPPI" will be pure bliss. GO YANKEES!

bleep the red sox

double bleep the Yankees

they had 159 games to keep themselves out of this position.

They had $330 million (combined) spend.

Let them suffer the way we have suffered for years.

couldn't be more serious.

I shed no tears -- not one -- for Steinbrenner, Epstein, ARod, Varitek, any of them.

And, I'll also say this: Wouldn't surprise me a bit if the Sox won anyway?

They're playing without any pressure. These guys will be relaxed. And if Buehrle pitches OK, the point will be moot.

But for the record too damn bad for the Yankees and Red Sox.l

QUOTE(rcpweiner @ Sep 30, 2005 -> 03:55 PM)
Could anyone give a recap of what the PTI guys said about it?

Both concluded we don't owe anything to New York or Boston, YET Guillen shouldn't have considered benching 6 starters in one day. Could have accomplished the same effect, according to those two, benching two each game in the series.

Perpetual whining continued for a minute longer.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

f*** THE RED SOX AND THE YANKS. STFU UP EAST COAST.

For all of the baseball purist would you be so thrilled that we had the integrity of the game, how would you feel if one of our starters got hurt in one of these meaningless games. Oh sure we will respect baseball. These guys have been busting ass and playing everyday for the last few weeks. I say rest them. We havent won all year long with offense, for gods sake this offense might hang with our regular offense. Whats the worse thing that happens with the offense tonight, Millwood 4 hits them. Pieces of s*** 4 hit our starters last week. Give them a day off and lets see what the hungry kids can do.

Anderson, Gload and Borchard are going to f***ing ROCK Millwood.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Sep 30, 2005 -> 03:56 PM)
Ever try to play a sport with a hangover?

Yeah...and probably had one of my best days ever...double header, 2 dingers, 7 RBI, 5-7 on the day and the W in the second game with a walk off GS in game 2 against the 15-1 first place team in our league...and that's no s***. Kind of takes the pressure off...you're thinkin more about your hangover.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Sep 30, 2005 -> 05:35 PM)
f*** THE RED SOX AND THE YANKS.  STFU UP EAST COAST.

For all of the baseball purist would you be so thrilled that we had the integrity of the game, how would you feel if one of our starters got hurt in one of these meaningless games.  Oh sure we will respect baseball. These guys have been busting ass and playing everyday for the last few weeks.  I say rest them. We havent won all year long with offense, for gods sake this offense might hang with our regular offense. Whats the worse thing that happens with the offense tonight, Millwood 4 hits them.  Pieces of s*** 4 hit our starters last week.  Give them a day off and lets see what the hungry kids can do.

Anderson, Gload and Borchard are going to f***ing ROCK Millwood.

I'm really starting to get that feeling. These guys have something to prove and a guy like Millwood who has a history of sucking from time to time could run into some trouble tonight from a bunch of bench players, I would not be surprised at all if we won this game tonight, convincingly.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Sep 30, 2005 -> 04:39 PM)
I'm really starting to get that feeling. These guys have something to prove and a guy like Millwood who has a history of sucking from time to time could run into some trouble tonight from a bunch of bench players, I would not be surprised at all if we won this game tonight, convincingly.

Look at Borchards swing. It was made to face a sinkerball pitcher. He has a hard time with guys who are flamethrower.

Gload wants to prove he can hit also. He wants to make money.

Anderson rocked King Felix. He is going to have a huge game.

I am pretty psyched at watching this.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Sep 30, 2005 -> 03:56 PM)
Let me get this straight, Ozzie is supposed to start players who probably have mean hangovers and risk an injury to one of them?  Ever try to play a sport with a hangover?

I hope this line up uses this as motivation and crushes the Tribe tonight.

Let me get this straight, the guys playing tonight did no partying?