Tonight's starting Lineup

Allsox

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No, every team has to respect the game and always play to win. If teams were allowed to take the night off, baseball would be like wrestling (the WWF variety). We'll see how Ozzie does the rest of the series. Maybe it's day off tonight and they'll play all weekend.

I would reject the counter argument of everyone on a MLB roster is a ML player and capable of winning the game. Every fan knows these guys are not as good as the guys they are replacing.

f*** Bud HairClub!....doesn't he have better things to worry about than the Sox lineup! These guys deserved a rest. Most of them are probably hung over as hell anyway.

Ozzie says..."fa heem...nobye tez me how to ra my bawclub.."

My personal preference is to see the Yankmees at home....but neither team scares me.

QUOTE(chisoxfan79 @ Sep 30, 2005 -> 03:11 PM)
Did anybody hear about Bud Selig sending a letter to the Sox about fielding a competitive team the next 3 games? I thought I heard it in the score but I am not sure.

That has something to do with his connections with FOX and them wanting NY or BOS in there for ratings, right?

QUOTE(Texsox @ Sep 30, 2005 -> 02:23 PM)
No, every team has to respect the game and always play to win. If teams were allowed to take the night off, baseball would be like wrestling (the WWF variety). We'll see how Ozzie does the rest of the series. Maybe it's day off tonight and they'll play all weekend.

I would reject the counter argument of everyone on a MLB roster is a ML player and capable of winning the game. Every fan knows these guys are not as good as the guys they are replacing.

Once again tex, our starters have got dominated by Millwood to the tune of a 1.33 era this year, these bench players have something to play for and our regulars really do not. Also, our team earned this right, Scoscia I believe pulled off something similar the day after the Angels clinched. By the way, Borch is batting .800 this year. :P

QUOTE(Texsox @ Sep 30, 2005 -> 08:23 PM)

Every team has one thing to worry about....THEMSELVES! We earned the right yesterday to be able to rest our starters this weekend. Plenty of teams have done things like this in the past. If it wasn't the two b****es of the AL East being involved, there wouldn't be as much outrage. The Cubs made the playoffs in 2003 cause of some pathetic excuses for lineups by the Reds and Pirates.

QUOTE(dmbjeff @ Sep 30, 2005 -> 08:30 PM)
i was all for throwing a s*** lineup out there one of these days.....today is the day, tomorrow start half your starters and sit the others and sunday play only the starters, thats what i would do

I'm with ya....Play the starters for 5 innings tomorrow and everybody the whole way Sun for a tuneup on Tues....

For all the people complaining,

If any of our starters were injured the next 3 days, would the Red Sox or Yankees give us a break in the first round because we played our best to make sure they made the playoffs?

No

You play for your own team.

The White Sox players need rest, they do not need to play 1 extra game against a pitcher that has owned them.

There is no point.

SB

QUOTE(Texsox @ Sep 30, 2005 -> 03:23 PM)

I didn't hear you complaining on Sunday when Minnesota rested Jacque Jones, Joe Mauer, and Justin Morneau all on the same day. I'm pretty sure that Ross Gload, Brian Anderson, and Joe Borchard are better than Jason Tyner, Chris Heintz, and Juan Castro.

Kansas City inexplicably left their best player on the bench for their final 4 games with Cleveland, were you crying no fair then?

QUOTE(chisoxfan79 @ Sep 30, 2005 -> 03:27 PM)
Does anybody know a Red Sox message board?  We should break the news to them about the lineup.

talksox.com

It's an integrity of the game issue. One that the NBA dealt with when they put in the lottery. It was a joke down the stretch prior to the lottery when teams rested starters for the final week or two while jockying for better draft position.

Once teams stop playing to win, the integrity of the game comes into play. Maybe Ozzie is losing so he can set up a different opponent in the first round? Once you call into question if a team is trying to lose or trying to win, the sport has a problem far worse than steroids.

How about Sunday if a loss would place the AL in a three way tie. If Oz rested all his starters, would that be ethical?

It would be better to play Crede who has been off, Carl who is finally swinging, Gooch who just had a day off, possible Uribe, and Pods for whatever reason Oz has. Give the other guys a rest. Reverse it for Saturday, and see if Sunday's game matters.

Oh please... to everyone complaining, every team does this. Look at the Cardinals... up until the day they clinched, the team *never* lost. Since they clinched, they've had a terrible record.

Look at a chart of their wins and losses over the season...

We're playing for the White Sox, not for other teams. You gotta get there on your own.

Also... we didn't complain that CLE got to play KC and TB at the end of the season. And this lineup of ours would beat both of those teams.