10-1 Game Thread - Charlotte @ Cleveland

Heads22

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Oct 1, 2005 -> 01:22 PM)
No, NY would only take the AL East if Cleveland loses tomorrow in addition to today, with Boston getting the WC. -- A win today guaranteed them nothing worse than a playoff.

Even with a loss today, Cleveland is only 1 game out of a WC, and if they were to win tomorrow.

----

Anouncers are convinced it's Buehrle/Garcia in game 1-2...:lol:

I love having the ace in the hole.

Actually, a win for the yanks and a loss for the Indians and they do clinch the east as they hold the tie breaker over Boston.

Little dissapointed, oh heck I am a lot dissapointed, in the fact Fox Sports screwed me out of the chance to see the Sox play tonight on WGN. However, they did show the Iguchi homer so that's good anyway.

We should be worrying so much about our opponent in the playoffs. The thing is you get there and then play whoever you have to play. You play your game and play to win. You are going to face the best teams anyway and they all ahve a strength or two.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Oct 1, 2005 -> 11:22 AM)
No, NY would only take the AL East if Cleveland loses tomorrow in addition to today, with Boston getting the WC. -- A win today guaranteed them nothing worse than a playoff.

Even with a loss today, Cleveland is only 1 game out of a WC, and if they were to win tomorrow.

----

Anouncers are convinced it's Buehrle/Garcia in game 1-2...:lol:

I love having the ace in the hole.

I know. I was listening to talk radio the other day and they were talking about how ineffective the WHOLE sox pitching staff was in the 2nd half. It's like, because of his NY stint, no one knows Contreras is plain dealing now. Their loss.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Oct 1, 2005 -> 02:27 PM)
Actually, a win for the yanks and a loss for the Indians and they do clinch the east as they hold the tie breaker over Boston.

YOu're right.. I was thinking with a Cleveland and Boston win tomorrow, it would be a three way tie, but Cleveland has to win this game too to make that happen

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Oct 1, 2005 -> 02:34 PM)
Good boy Damaso.  Even though this game means nothing I really want to win it now.

I'm really amped that we have a chance to deny a division rival a ticket to the postseason while not playing our best lineups.

QUOTE(elrockinMT @ Oct 1, 2005 -> 07:43 PM)
MLB Game Day is all screwed up. I see Konerko double and then it said Andeson batting for Everett and now Anderson PRunning for Konerko. What's happening?

Anderson pinch ran for Koney, Everett K's, Rowand walked, AJ GIDP. Inning over.

QUOTE(elrockinMT @ Oct 1, 2005 -> 01:43 PM)
MLB Game Day is all screwed up. I see Konerko double and then it said Andeson batting for Everett and now Anderson PRunning for Konerko. What's happening?

Anderson ran for Konerko.

Everett struck out.

AJ just grounded into a double play to end the inning.