Los Angeles @ Chicago - ALCS Game 1

Heads22

you know what really pissed me off when they showed what happened on todays date, and omg it was freakin boston players hittin homers, they always find ways of gettin recognition, other than that, we looked flat, hell i wouldd have rather played some sort of game before today and traveled across the country to play a game, it wouldve helped

w/e we'll win tomorrow

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you know what really pissed me off when they showed what happened on todays date, and omg it was freakin boston players hittin homers, they always find ways of gettin recognition, other than that, we looked flat, hell i wouldd have rather played some sort of game before today and traveled across the country to play a game, it wouldve helped

w/e we'll win tomorrow

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Oct 11, 2005 -> 09:18 PM)
If ANYONE expected the Sox to sweep in the playoffs, there idiots. We were going to lose, and it happened. We need Mark to step it up huge tomorrow.

I never thought we would sweep. But this was probably one of our best matchups from a pitching standpoint.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Oct 11, 2005 -> 10:23 PM)
I never thought we would sweep.  But this was probably one of our best matchups from a pitching standpoint.

really i disagree...

i think tomorrow looks better

I think one of things we all have to realize is that it is unrealistic to expect to think we would sweep through the playoffs. Subconsciously, I think some of us did. I kind of expected a let down tonight, playing down to a team we expect to be tired and beatable. Remember, we are in for a dog fight. More so, remember last year's red sox.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Oct 11, 2005 -> 09:23 PM)
I never thought we would sweep.  But this was probably one of our best matchups from a pitching standpoint.

Defenitely. But its not like we got clobbered or anything. We ca bounce back from this easily, especially at home.

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Oct 11, 2005 -> 08:26 PM)
Defenitely.  But its not like we got clobbered or anything.  We ca bounce back from this easily,  especially at home.

it is better to be clobbered than to clobber yourself. that is exactly what we did tonight. STARTED WITH THE CROWDS BS!

now anaheim really isn't that tired yet. have you ever drank redbull after redbull? you never really get tired even though you haven't slept. but after you finally hit the wall and sleep when you wake up your body is just not there. that means that when anaheim goes back home i expect them to look tired. PROBLEM IS THAT THEIR CROWD ISN'T GOING TO BE A BUNCH OF CORPSES IN THE STANDS and could carry them for a while longer. my worst fear is that we continue to give games away & then ANA shows how tired they are in the WS. god please dont let that happen. I REALLY BLAME THE CROWD FOR NOT JUMPING ON THEIR ASSES! I AM SO PISSED AT COMISKEY RIGHT NOW! THEY BETTER COME JACKED TOMORROW! IF NOT THEN THAT QUITE DEAD WILL SET IN THAT SETS IN IN CHICAGO JUST LIKE AFTER BARTMAN! YOU CAN JUST SENSE IT MAN IT REALLY IS A SLOW f***ING DEATH! WHERE ARE THE PISTONS FANS WHEN YOU NEED EM? THEY FREAKIN WENT TO LAKERS HOTEL AND KEPT EM AWAKE ALLNIGHT!

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Oct 11, 2005 -> 10:36 PM)
Being as hot as this team was, and resting for days, might have been a bad thing rather than a good thing as everybody thought.

Hindsight is 20/20. Who really know what it was.

I'm not gonna give em a pass on that excuse though. Not when you can't get signs from Cora, can't get a bunt down, etc.

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Oct 12, 2005 -> 03:37 AM)
Hindsight is 20/20. Who really know what it was.

I'm not gonna give em a pass on that excuse though. Not when you can't get signs from Cora, can't get a bunt down, etc.

I'm not looking in hindsight, just trying to fathom how a team can look so good one day and so poor the next day.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Oct 11, 2005 -> 10:34 PM)
You need to see washburns away game splits. 

Buerhle vs Washburn is more of a mix and match than the Count vs Freakin Paul Byrd.

i only say that because of washburns illness/elbow

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Oct 11, 2005 -> 07:36 PM)
Being as hot as this team was, and resting for days, might have been a bad thing rather than a good thing as everybody thought.

I think every anaylyst and person out there looked at that and tried to overpub it, just like the media does with almost everything.

Fact is the Angels are a professional team, they got the job done, Sox didn't. Sox were definately rusty the first couple innings and at that piont they found themselves in a hole. Jose kept him in it, the Sox battled back, but in the end it wasn't enough.

Everyone seemed to be writing Anaheim off (i'm not referring to people on this board) but analysts all over. I've watched the Angels way too much. They don't have the talent to be here, but you know what, here they are. We as Sox fans have heard much of the same from the media for most of the time and were here. You know why Anaheim and Chicago are here...cause there both pretty freaking good teams.

Good teams find ways to win, whether they've had 20 hr's of sleep or 2 hr's of sleep. That said, the Sox are a good team and they'll bounce back and get em tomorrow. They play there game and do the little things and this series will be a deadlock going to Anaheim.

QUOTE(whitesoxmanager @ Oct 11, 2005 -> 10:06 PM)
sorry didn't want to question that. 

but a chisox guy who sat at old comiskey drinking all night and swinging at the other teams fans doesnt start a rally crede.

Contreras pitched well enough to win. He made a mistake on pitch selection to Anderson and should have thrown home. Where is all this running the pitch count up everyone was swinging at the first pitch not trying to take the ball the other way. Byrd only threw 84 - 87 miles an hour. Aj can hit but he needs to start throwing runners out even with a pitchout couldn't do it. His throws however; made Iguchi make some mid air flips that would make tens in the Olympics. If Pods can't steal bases or lay down a bunt that makes him another weak hitting outfielder. Consider Ozuna who can bunt or Willie who can run. .Oh when KOnerko came up with 2 on I thought wow if he hit a homerun he'd have a helluva payday as A free agent but he did manage to pop out . :crying

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Oct 11, 2005 -> 07:45 PM)
Jason,

you don't think the Angels have the talent to be here?  I think once again, the Championship series' have the two best teams in there respective leagues facing off.  No?

I think they are the two best teams are here. I don't think the two most talented ones are. Remember, this is the same person who thinks Boston is one of the worse teams to make the playoffs in a long time (and I feel the same about San Diego, Atlanta and New York).

The 4 teams left are the 4 best TEAMS (key word) in the game and its gonna be a dog fight for everyone involved. However, no one is going to tell me that the Angels are the most talented team out there.

Without Colon they have a mediocre rotation, they have a weak lineup aside from Anderson and Vladdy and they have a strong back-end of the pen, but a very hittable mid to front end of the pen (if thats such a word). Sox have a great starting pitching staff (especially with Jose looking like an ace) and a very solid all around pen (not quite as good as the Angels back end, but the Sox pen is much deeper).

Houston has the sickest pitching staff (ace wise) I've seen since the glory Braves rotation, a hell of a closer, and worthless lineup. St. Louis (much like the Sox) have a very strong pitching staff (with 1 new ace in Carpenter) and than Mulder, Morris (two very solid good pitchers) and a solid pen (not as good as the Sox) but Izzy is a better closer (simply his experience, etc). Cards have the best lineup however.

Well thats my evaluation. When it comes to Boston...worse pitching staff to ever make the post-season (imo). Yankees staff was horrid too, but they did have a good pen (well at least Gordon/Rivera were good) while BOston had horrid starters and a horrid pen (imo). Braves starting was meh (Huddy and Smoltz are good, but the rest is mediocre and there pen is horrid) plus too many young players this time around.

Padres were banged up...lousy offense, good pen, decent staff (with Peavy injured, they lacked an ace).

Thats the way I see all the teams involved.