Angels @ White Sox--ALCS Game 2

Whitesoxfan56

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Oct 13, 2005 -> 01:08 AM)
It is an odd fielding style.  Pinella hasn't been bad.  He's better than the other idiots.  I really don't care though, I've learned to zone it out and all I do is watch the game.  I'm focused on the Sox.

Now Scotty, be smart on the paths.  Washburn is incredibly tough to steal off of.

Oh trust me, you're not going to get the constant b****ing about the announcing like way too many people were doing last series with Berman. It got to the point that people were more concerned about Berman than they were the game. I have no problem with Uribe's style....he gets the job done.

QUOTE(GreatScott82 @ Oct 12, 2005 -> 05:09 PM)
he wont go anywhere. i think today they will be alittle more consevative.

They can't 2nd guess themselves. This club got here playing agressive and its gotta continue with that style. Don't change your style just cause it didn't work once one game. Its worked well over the course of the entire season.

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Oct 12, 2005 -> 05:10 PM)
Correct.

Wrong...but thats based on how I was always taught to play the game and I'm a firm believer in playing agressive. When a team knows your always going 110% they feel it and rush plays and that leads to mistakes. When you know you have to make the perfect throw, even for a major leaguer, its really damn hard to make it.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Oct 12, 2005 -> 08:10 PM)
Because I actually think it was a good call sending him.  You just don't do it with nobody out.  You never make the 1st out at 3rd or at home.  That same rule doesn't apply with 1 out.  Plus like I said, it took all that for Quinlan to get him and he just barely got him.  Quinlan couldn't of possibly fielded it any better and Jose couldn't have had a quicker tag.

Anything less than absolutely perfect and a run is scored, therefor, I'd send him 100% of the time in that situation with 1 or 2 outs.

You never make an out at home period.

It was a dumbass play considering rowand dove into third and had to get up and gain momentum to get into home.

Because I actually think it was a good call sending him.  You just don't do it with nobody out.  You never make the 1st out at 3rd or at home.  That same rule doesn't apply with 1 out.  Plus like I said, it took all that for Quinlan to get him and he just barely got him.  Quinlan couldn't of possibly fielded it any better and Jose couldn't have had a quicker tag.

Anything less than absolutely perfect and a run is scored, therefor, I'd send him 100% of the time in that situation with 1 or 2 outs.

Cora has to realize that Rowand is gassed. He just ran full-speed and slid into 3rd base. There's absolutely no reason to risk an almost sure run. If we lose this game by 1 run it will be the stupidest call all season.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Oct 12, 2005 -> 07:10 PM)

Plus it didn't help that Rowand's ass was draggin on the way home. He was friggin wiped comin around 2nd. Still...VERY stupid call.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Oct 12, 2005 -> 05:12 PM)
Yeah, It's not like Pods is 1-for-his-last 12 or something like that trying to steal second.

Plus the Angels are one of the best teams at throwing guys out and no one has stolen a base sucessfully off Washburn all season.

I also think Pods is lacking confidence and that he's 2nd guessing himself on the paths and because of that is waiting just a little longer and its killing his jump and leading to all those caught steals.

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Oct 12, 2005 -> 05:12 PM)
Cora has to realize that Rowand is gassed.  He just ran full-speed and slid into 3rd base.  There's absolutely no reason to risk an almost sure run.  If we lose this game by 1 run it will be the stupidest call all season.

With 1 out you send him...with 2 outs you send him...no one out and you don't. Thats the only reason it was a bad call. Not because he was gassed, not because he had slid...its because there was no on out.

95% of the time he's gonna be safe on that play...but Quinlan happened to field it right, get up quickly, make a strong throw, and Molina was able to string it together with an insanely quick tag.

QUOTE(iWiN4PreP @ Oct 12, 2005 -> 08:12 PM)
dye has been absolote s***

bench dye, put in blum? timo? who else do we have?

First of all, you don't ever bench Dye for Blum or Timo! But I agree, if you are going to go up there and bat lazily like Dye just did, why bothered batting at all?

Suddenly, all of our hitters have changed the way they batted in the ALDS. They were much more patient.

With 1 out you send him...with 2 outs you send him...no one out and you don't.  Thats the only reason it was a bad call.  Not because he was gassed, not because he had slid...its because there was no on out. 

95% of the time he's gonna be safe on that play...but Quinlan happened to field it right, get up quickly, make a strong throw, and Molina was able to string it together with an insanely quick tag.

Why with 1 out? With 1 out you can knock in Rowand with a sac fly.