AND THATS A WHITE SOX PLAYOFF WINNER

NUKE_CLEVELAND

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ Oct 12, 2005 -> 09:14 PM)
I was surprised JP didn't throw it to first to be safe.  Most times that happens on a potential 3rd out, the catcher throws to first to be safe.

He's Josh Paul LOL!!

Another ex-Sox player helps us out.

LOL!!!

QUOTE(bmags @ Oct 12, 2005 -> 10:13 PM)
the kid from jersey said the frame play looked like it hit the dirt,, so i said hey...

but what the f***, this play could have easily been non controversial

It isn't really a question of whether the ball hit the dirt or not. It is the fact that the ump called AJ out that would have me going nuts if I was an Angels fan. The Angels got shafted tonight, obviously as a Sox fan I'll take it but if I was an Angels player or fan I'd be pissed right now.

It wasn't as black and white as the announcers were making it seem. There is definitely room for interpretation in the replay as to whether the ball hit the ground or not. It was definitely a close call.

My instincts tell me that we caught a huge break. Now, if Joey Cora doesn't send Aaron home for the first out in the inning, I believe the score becomes 2-0 and we have a different flavor of game entirely.

All in all, we'll take it.

:gosox1:

QUOTE(Shingotime!! @ Oct 12, 2005 -> 10:12 PM)
imho, that ball was caught cleanly, were showing our biased guys

I watched the play differently from you. The front still shot showed the ball right in front of the glove but also on the ground. The second still shot showed the ball well high inside the glove. That tells me that the ball hit the ground and bounces up into the glove! THAT'S HOW I SAW IT!

Anyway, an experienced catcher will NEVER make that mistake like Josh Paul just made. Pierzynski or Molina without a doubt will either touch Pierzynski or throw the ball to first base.

Great tough win!!!

And Mark Buehrle is light-out! :cheers

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Oct 12, 2005 -> 09:36 PM)
BTW Mike just said that they lost this game.  He blames not getting runners in and not executing with RISP.  He said while the umps made the wrong call they didn't lose this game for them.  Sciosca is a class act all the way.

Agreed!!

Much as I want them to lose the Angels are a worthy opponent.

1. The play was too close for Josh Paul not to tag A.J. How hard is it to tag a guy who's walking back to the dugout? Even if he thought he caught it.

2. I thought the ball hit the ground and was a trap.

3. I have no idea what the arm wipe or arm clinch mean, but A.J. ran to first and that's heads up.

4. Josh Paul couldn't throw out Ozuna.

5. Crede got the cluch hit.

6. Does this call make up the horrible calls made in Oakland earlier this year?

QUOTE(Irishsox1 @ Oct 12, 2005 -> 09:45 PM)
1.  The play was too close for Josh Paul not to tag A.J.  How hard is it to tag a guy who's walking back to the dugout?  Even if he thought he caught it.

2.  I thought the ball hit the ground and was a trap.

3.  I have no idea what the arm wipe or arm clinch mean, but A.J. ran to first and that's heads up.

4.  Josh Paul couldn't throw out Ozuna.

5.  Crede got the cluch hit.

6.  Does this call make up the horrible calls made in Oakland earlier this year?

Nope, we could still use some calls in our favor. :D

Oakland is not the only place we got bad calls at. We got hosed big time this season on many calls, hopefully there is more to come our way.