World Series Tickets go onsale Tues

Allsox

Here's the article:

Individual-game tickets to each of four World Series games that could be played by the American League Central Division Champion Chicago White Sox at U.S. Cellular Field will go on sale Tuesday, October 18 at noon.

Tickets will be available only through TicketMaster - by phone at (866) SOX GAME and (312) 559-1212 and online at whitesox.com. Tickets will not be sold at ticket outlets or at the U.S. Cellular Field Box Office. Fans may purchase up to four tickets to one game only.

World Series ticket prices, as set by Major League Baseball, are: Lower Deck Box $185; Lower Deck Reserved/Bleachers/Upper Deck Box $140; and Upper Deck Reserved $125.

World Series tickets must be printed at home using Ticketfast or picked up at the U.S. Cellular Field Box Office. Tickets that are not printed through Ticketfast must be picked up at the U.S. Cellular Field Box Office, Gate 4 Windows 1-10, between 9:00 a.m. and 9:00 p.m. on Thursday, October 20 or Friday, October 21 only. Will Call ticket orders that are not picked up by 9:00 p.m. Friday, October 21 will be cancelled and the amount charged to the customer's credit card will be refunded.

The World Series will begin on Saturday, October 22.

Based on some of the numbers I heard about the ALCS tix sale, please remember you roughly have a 1 in 100000 chance in getting some so don't b**** if you don't get any....And don't send emails to the White Sox either, they don't control that....And the most important thing to remember:

YOU'RE NOT THE ONLY ONE GOING FOR THEM!

I apologize if my post sounds crass but after reading some of the posts about the ALCS, it seems that people actually had the audacity to think they were gonna score some and that's simply not the case....

Edited by Allsox

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Oct 13, 2005 -> 07:45 PM)
You and SNB better...I'm banking on a couple of the faction getting lucky and than everyone can get some seats to one of the games  :P

we both won the "right to purchase" cardinal world series tickets on saturday.

Not exactly sure if that guarantees us anything, but we'll see.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Oct 13, 2005 -> 06:55 PM)
Stop me if I might be getting the site in trouble, but if one were to get these tickets and sell them on ebay, what would be the best way to go about it?

Would people be willing to bid on WS tickets if one were to povide the ticketfast pdf?

That's an interesting question and it might be a way to control scalping. If ALL tix were the Ticket Fast print out, would people trust buying those from some guy on the street who could easily have copied them?

QUOTE(Allsox @ Oct 13, 2005 -> 04:46 PM)
Here's the article:

Individual-game tickets to each of four World Series games that could be played by the American League Central Division Champion Chicago White Sox at U.S. Cellular Field will go on sale Tuesday, October 18 at noon.

Tickets will be available only through TicketMaster - by phone at (866) SOX GAME and (312) 559-1212 and online at whitesox.com. Tickets will not be sold at ticket outlets or at the U.S. Cellular Field Box Office. Fans may purchase up to four tickets to one game only.

World Series ticket prices, as set by Major League Baseball, are: Lower Deck Box $185; Lower Deck Reserved/Bleachers/Upper Deck Box $140; and Upper Deck Reserved $125.

World Series tickets must be printed at home using Ticketfast or picked up at the U.S. Cellular Field Box Office. Tickets that are not printed through Ticketfast must be picked up at the U.S. Cellular Field Box Office, Gate 4 Windows 1-10, between 9:00 a.m. and 9:00 p.m. on Thursday, October 20 or Friday, October 21 only. Will Call ticket orders that are not picked up by 9:00 p.m. Friday, October 21 will be cancelled and the amount charged to the customer's credit card will be refunded.

Based on some of the numbers I heard about the ALCS tix sale, please remember you roughly have a 1 in 100000 chance in getting some so don't b**** if you don't get any....And don't send emails to the White Sox either, they don't control that....And the most important thing to remember:

I apologize if my post sounds crass but after reading some of the posts about the ALCS, it seems that people actually had the audacity to think they were gonna score some and that's simply not the case....

if you buy them and there winds up not being anymore you get refunded correct?....or would it not accept the buy if they are out?

QUOTE(Allsox @ Oct 13, 2005 -> 04:46 PM)

haha, guilty. :wacko:

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Oct 13, 2005 -> 09:41 PM)
Once you buy them you are stuck.  No refunds.

According to who?

REFUND INFORMATION

Should any scheduled home games during postseason not be played, fans will be eligible to receive a refund for unused individual tickets or strips purchased.

QUOTE(Allsox @ Oct 13, 2005 -> 03:46 PM)
Here's the article:

No, f*** that. I can be pissed off if I want to. When the people who have been supporting the team and going to the games all year can't go to the f***ing playoff games it sucks. And don't tell me otherwise. Sorry if I had the "audacity" to think I might be able to actually not have to pay a premium for tickets I thought I in a way "deserved." It boggles my mind that someone has the "audacity" to say that I had the "audacity" to think I had a chance of getting tickets.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Oct 13, 2005 -> 06:48 PM)
I'll be trying.  Maybe some of us can work out some deals where if some get lucky we get 4 and cut them to other people who weren't so.

I am going to try, but 4 tickets together might be harder to come by.

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Oct 13, 2005 -> 07:43 PM)
Do i even bother trying? Seriously?

Hell yeah. We need every possible person, trying every possible way. We want to make sure that as many tickets as possible go to people who bleed for the White Sox, and not some coroporate shill who is there because it is cool.

QUOTE(SnB @ Oct 13, 2005 -> 08:00 PM)
we both won the "right to purchase" cardinal world series tickets on saturday. 

Not exactly sure if that guarantees us anything, but we'll see.

You might think of setting up a buy it now auction on EBay to sell the right to buy the tickets to a Cardinals fan. That might make you the cash needed to buy yourself world series tickets. That was why I tried for them, but I didn't win.