World Series Tickets go onsale Tues

Allsox

hey guys i've got a plan.

theres a computer lab in my dorm that i'm gonna bring my laptop down to. I'll steal about 2-4 computers and have them and my laptop all going at once - each with 2 browsers so thats what, 6-10 chances to get through? i might even snag more computers if no ones there....

in any case, i've got my credit card, and my dad would give me his no. so i may with a best case scenario (which means it wont happen but we have to dream right?) is that i get 8 tickets, meaning i wouldnt need them all and i could spread the wealth

this is all a big IF of course but it's my plan.

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with what a few others said. If anyone gets a shot, buy your maximum alloted and spread it around to other Soxtalk posters. I know if I get em, It'll be Soxtalk members joining me at the games.

Its gonna be great and hopefully enough of us get lucky and get tickets that all of us that can make it to the games will get that opportunity.

QUOTE(Reddy @ Oct 17, 2005 -> 10:35 AM)
hey guys i've got a plan.

theres a computer lab in my dorm that i'm gonna bring my laptop down to.  I'll steal about 2-4 computers and have them and my laptop all going at once - each with 2 browsers so thats what, 6-10 chances to get through?  i might even snag more computers if no ones there....

in any case, i've got my credit card, and my dad would give me his no. so i may with a best case scenario (which means it wont happen but we have to dream right?) is that i get 8 tickets, meaning i wouldnt need them all and i could spread the wealth

this is all a big IF of course but it's my plan.

QUOTE(Steff @ Oct 17, 2005 -> 10:39 AM)
Several people said multiple windows kicked them out for DS tickets..

As long as you and your dad have separate mailing addresses you'll be fine using his card.

Good luck.

Ya reddy, don't open multiple broswers, if you do it'll kick you out of line saying you can only have one browser open.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Oct 17, 2005 -> 11:40 AM)
Ya reddy, don't open multiple broswers, if you do it'll kick you out of line saying you can only have one browser open.

really my dad had it working for him... huh ok i wont, dont wanna risk anything

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Oct 17, 2005 -> 09:24 AM)
I love Mrs. Flaxx dearly and she's quite the beer lover.  But I don't think that bottle would ever make it to the airport, if you know what I mean.  :D

You're going to give it to one of the bucket playing kids around the Cell, aren't you? :D

And just a thought.. if you are fortunate enough to get extras.. it would probably be best to handle the transactions privately. There's going to be folks who don't get in.. and the last thing someone with extras wants is someone on here who thinks they are your "good buddy" and feels a right to one of your extras. If you get extras I'm sure most of you know exactly who you would, and wouldn't, offer them to. ;)

QUOTE(Steff @ Oct 17, 2005 -> 11:42 AM)
And just a thought.. if you are fortunate enough to get extras.. it would probably be best to handle the transactions privately. There's going to be folks who don't get in.. and the last thing someone with extras wants is someone on here who thinks they are your "good buddy" and feels a right to one of your extras. If you get extras I'm sure most of you know exactly who you would, and wouldn't, offer them to.  ;)

the fact that that's even an issue really sucks cuz anyone on this board (with the exception of maybe SoxRock :snr ) is a big enough fan to deserve tix - but thats not the way the system works unfortunately.

I can never tell if my computer is actually searching or if it's frozen. Sometimes I get the 'searching' message up with the colored bars running back and forth, but it starts over and over again, so it looks like it's refreshed. Other times the bar gets half way across and just stops. I can never tell when I should just start over because it's frozen, or ride it out because I'm almost in. :huh

Help.

QUOTE(Reddy @ Oct 17, 2005 -> 11:44 AM)
the fact that that's even an issue really sucks cuz anyone on this board (with the exception of maybe SoxRock :snr ) is a big enough fan to deserve tix - but thats not the way the system works unfortunately.

LMAO... It's got nothing to do with how much of a fan anyone is. I know for a fact that there's about, ohhh, a dozen kids here that would rather burn their tickets than sell them to me for $10,000 each... :lol:

QUOTE(Reddy @ Oct 17, 2005 -> 10:44 AM)

Well, if I got extras I have a few people I would ask, and saddly enough, they aren't people on this board. That is if I had two extras. But those two people are the guys responsible for my being at game 2 of the ALCS.

After I got them in, I then go to some of the fine folks here. But ya gotta make right with the people that did right by you to begin with.

But I am expecting to be sitting here at 12:05PM tomorrow going "damn...". :D

QUOTE(Steff @ Oct 17, 2005 -> 11:47 AM)
LMAO... It's got nothing to do with how much of a fan anyone is. I know for a fact that there's about, ohhh, a dozen kids here that would rather burn their tickets than sell them to me for $10,000 each...  :lol:

that was... kinda my point...

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Oct 17, 2005 -> 11:48 AM)
Well, if I got extras I have a few people I would ask, and saddly enough, they aren't people on this board. That is if I had two extras. But those two people are the guys responsible for my being at game 2 of the ALCS.

After I got them in, I then go to some of the fine folks here. But ya gotta make right with the people that did right by you to begin with.

But I am expecting to be sitting here at 12:05PM tomorrow going "damn...".  :D

I hear ya. I will be trying for 8 extras tomorrow, 3 of which would go to folks here.

QUOTE(Steff @ Oct 17, 2005 -> 08:50 AM)
Duh...  :bang

I'm exhausted today.  :lolhitting

Same here...I could not get to sleep last night, woke up for my morning classes and was so damn jazzed (usually I'm all tired) but I still got adrenaline pumping.

Regardless, expect text messages for the rest of the playoffs, it seemed to work well in Anaheim cause they found ways to win. :cheers

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Oct 17, 2005 -> 11:51 AM)
Same here...I could not get to sleep last night, woke up for my morning classes and was so damn jazzed (usually I'm all tired) but I still got adrenaline pumping.

Regardless, expect text messages for the rest of the playoffs, it seemed to work well in Anaheim cause they found ways to win.  :cheers

Why would we text when we're sitting next to eachother.. :huh

;)

:pray to the Ticketmaster Gods..

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Oct 17, 2005 -> 10:51 AM)

Regardless, expect text messages for the rest of the playoffs, it seemed to work well in Anaheim cause they found ways to win.  :cheers

I finally fell asleep at about 4:30 today and had to wake up at 9 but oh well, s*** happens. :D :P

QUOTE(YASNY @ Oct 17, 2005 -> 11:49 AM)
I cannot see a set of circumstances that will allow me to attend on Series games.  I will, however, be attempting to get tickets so I can help others get to the games.  All I want to do is break even.  If I score, I'll let you all know.

I did exactly that for the ALCS, knowing I wouldn't be able to make any games myself. I didn't land anything, sadly, so nothing came of it.

Maybe I need to invoke the spirit of the Rally Crede tomorrow somehow.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Oct 17, 2005 -> 11:58 AM)
I'll be trying as well...

I just might have to figure out how to come up there.  I mean, s***, how often does this happen?

Kap.. if you get any you HAVE to keep one for your self and Mrs Kap and come up. You can't get tickets and not go.. :nono