World Series Tickets go onsale Tues

Allsox

QUOTE(Steff @ Oct 17, 2005 -> 12:01 PM)
Kap.. if you get any you HAVE to keep one for your self and Mrs Kap and come up. You can't get tickets and not go..  :nono

Agreed. That would be as bad as coming home from prom night and still having that unused rubber in your wallet! :D

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Oct 17, 2005 -> 11:04 AM)
Agreed.  That would be as bad as coming home from prom night and still having that unused rubber in your wallet!  :D

I used mine on prom night. Problem is it was used to make a balloon animal.

Wouldn't have been so bad if it wasn't one of those "spermicidal" ones. Yuck.

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Oct 17, 2005 -> 12:09 PM)

... :headshake

:lol:

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Oct 17, 2005 -> 12:09 PM)

Could have been worse. It could have been a 'climax control' model and your mouth would be put to sleep.

Then again, it sounds like you weren't needing to put your mouth into action that nigt anyway. . . :)

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Oct 14, 2005 -> 09:14 AM)
OK here are some alternative phone numbers.  I don't know what locations will be selling White Sox tickets, but here are the Indiana, Illinois, and Wisconson phone numbers to the individual ticketmaster outlets

Indiana

Customer Service

Anderson/Muncie 765-644-3131

Bloomington 812-333-9955

Evansville 812-423-7222

Ft. Wayne 260-424-1811

Indianapolis 317-239-5151

Lafayette 765-743-5151

South Bend 219-272-7979

Terre Haute 812-234-2424

Illinois

Chicago 312-559-1212

Springfield 217-544-9400

Peoria 309-676-8700

Normal 309-454-5500

Champaign 217-351-2626

Danville 217-442-3434

Wisconson

Appleton 920-731-5000

Green Bay 920-494-1414

Madison 608-255-4646

Milwaukee 414-276-4545

They say that no matter what local number you call, for WS tickets you will be routed into a national call center. So, I'm not sure it matters which location you call into.

QUOTE(Wong & Owens @ Oct 17, 2005 -> 12:59 PM)
They say that no matter what local number you call, for WS tickets you will be routed into a national call center.  So, I'm not sure it matters which location you call into.

But how do they know you're calling for WS tix and not for some other event? Are ALL TicketMaster phone requests at that time going too be routed to a central location? If so, that seems really clunky.

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Oct 17, 2005 -> 12:11 PM)
But how do they know you're calling for WS tix and not for some other event?  Are ALL TicketMaster phone requests at that time going too be routed to a central location?  If so, that seems really clunky.

Ticketmaster is clunky, no?? I've been trying to call these other locations to see if they'll be selling but of course you get the automated movie phone crap.

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Oct 17, 2005 -> 01:11 PM)
But how do they know you're calling for WS tix and not for some other event?  Are ALL TicketMaster phone requests at that time going too be routed to a central location?  If so, that seems really clunky.

The system asks you what event you want to buy tickets for. Once you select World Series in Chicago, you get routed to the national call center

QUOTE(Wong & Owens @ Oct 17, 2005 -> 02:10 PM)
The system asks you what event you want to buy tickets for.  Once you select World Series in Chicago, you get routed to the national call center

Got it. Damn.

That makes it sound like you're actually WORSE OFF calling a satellite outlet, since you'll spend time winding through that system only to then be put in the back of the line versus going right to the back of the line ( :angry:) if you call the direct numbers.

Edited by FlaSoxxJim

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Oct 17, 2005 -> 07:13 PM)
Got it.  Damn.

That makes it sound like you're actually WORSE OFF calling a satellite outlet, since you'll spend time winding through that system only to then be put in the back of the line versus going right to the back of the line ( :angry:) if you call the direct numbers.

It sounds to me like slim and none to get in this time, with slim walking to the fires of hell.

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Oct 17, 2005 -> 03:38 PM)
Can anybody explain why a ticket broker such as Tickets Now is NOT considered scalpers? I have a ticket now right in the same building with me (there are only two offices here really, us and them), and I just don't get how that is a legal business.

Is it because they pay taxes on their profits? :huh

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Oct 17, 2005 -> 08:46 PM)
Stupid Astros had some some sort of raffle for their tickets.  I was going to try and get game 5 tickets.  Guess I'm screwed.

Why isn't it the same method for both World Series teams?  Lame.

Yea, that pissed me off. I'm a drive away from Houston and I saw that and got pissed off. So much for "free market".

I know I have a snowball's chance in hell for tomorrow - but I will try anyway.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Oct 17, 2005 -> 03:49 PM)
I'm a drive away from Houston and I saw that and got pissed off. 

I'll be in Corsicana next week for work. Perhaps we can try to score a couple tickets and drive down to Houston together. I'll have a rental car. I can drive.

:cheers

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Oct 17, 2005 -> 03:46 PM)
Stupid Astros had some some sort of raffle for their tickets.  I was going to try and get game 5 tickets.  Guess I'm screwed.

Why isn't it the same method for both World Series teams?  Lame.

cardinals did the same thing.

i won the cardinals lottery and got 2 tickets to game 3 of the WS.

i knew it was too good to be true, i'm not supposed to win anything

:finger cardinals