World Series Tickets go onsale Tues

Allsox

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Oct 17, 2005 -> 08:52 PM)
I'll be in Corsicana next week for work.  Perhaps we can try to score a couple tickets and drive down to Houston together.  I'll have a rental car.  I can drive.

:cheers

Cool. If you find a way to get tickets, I'll definitely consider that.

Get one for Tex, too. :)

Hehe.

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Oct 17, 2005 -> 02:46 PM)
Stupid Astros had some some sort of raffle for their tickets.  I was going to try and get game 5 tickets.  Guess I'm screwed.

Why isn't it the same method for both World Series teams?  Lame.

I think the Astros and Cardinals got it right.

Raffle off the purchase opportunity to the fans on the mailing lists.

At least the REAL fans get a chance at buying them that way.

The Sox should look into this for the more in-demand dates, such as Cubs, YankMes, etc.

EDITED to add:

Another benefit is knowing where the tickets went, so if you wanted to, you could track ( to an extent, anyway ) any suspicious second-hand sales, like on-the-street scalping and such.

Edited by The Critic

QUOTE(bmags @ Oct 17, 2005 -> 04:30 PM)
so how does that one cat already have tickets?

Season ticket holder - or bought tickets from a broker who bought from a season ticket holder. Anything you buy right now - that can be delivered today - is from a season ticket holder.

:headshake

QUOTE(Steff @ Oct 17, 2005 -> 09:32 PM)
Season ticket holder - or bought tickets from a broker who bought from a season ticket holder. Anything you buy right now - that can be delivered today - is from a season ticket holder.

:headshake

right right right...thanks

I have been looking for those signs that people all over have been bringing to games, they're just big 3 foot tall sox logos all cut out and badass looking.

I called Grandstand and the girl on the phone was clueless

Here is my secret for getting tickets and I will only share this info with the good people of soxtalk.....

Call a ticketmaster in like montana or some out the universe state and order your tickets, normally it's worked for me in the past and worked for the ALDS

Gotta find the #'s yourself though.... :headbang .goodluck to all the DIE HARDS

QUOTE(salty99 @ Oct 17, 2005 -> 06:14 PM)
right now online chisox.com you can order a full season plan and get 2005 world series tickets!  good until 11AM tomorrow morning

theres a topic about this already... and you're saying it like its a good thing...

i know that in demand events sell FAST on ticketmaster... im gonna go to chicago on friday and come home on monday.

the goal of course is to get tickets for both of the first two home games.

anyone here have experience with ticketmaster online and have any pointers as to how to get seats before they sell out?

:gosox1:

also guys, if you locals could clue me in... where in the chicago vacinaty is a place to stay that has easy access to a train/tram/etc. ?

like: Rockford

or : Lincolnshire

or any information about public transportation that would show me a website with route info?

im an outter towner with the same heart =D

help an amigo out =D

QUOTE(hi8is @ Oct 17, 2005 -> 03:29 PM)
i know that in demand events sell FAST on ticketmaster... im gonna go to chicago on friday and come home on monday.

the goal of course is to get tickets for both of the first two home games.

anyone here have experience with ticketmaster online and have any pointers as to how to get seats before they sell out?

:gosox1:

I tried googling it for about an hr at work to see if there was some secret. No luck at all.

I have recruited my mom, dad, and now 4 of my good friends to try for em. I'm working on getting some more people in.

QUOTE(hi8is @ Oct 17, 2005 -> 05:42 PM)
also guys, if you locals could clue me in... where in the chicago vacinaty is a place to stay that has easy access to a train/tram/etc.  ?

like: Rockford

or : Lincolnshire

or any information about public transportation that would show me a website with route info?

im an outter towner with the same heart =D

help an amigo out =D

Lincolnshire is closer, actually that's where I went to high school, I know there is a mariott you could stay at right in lincolnshire, I'm not exactly sure what public transportation you could take though

I'd recommend staying in Oak Lawn (a SW Suburb of Chicago). You'd be on the south side, closer to the stadium.

There is a bus that goes east down 95th street that would take you to the "Red Line" train that goes to Comiskey at 35th Street (kind of a ghetto ride, but you'll be fine).

There are some cheap and really cheap places to stay in Oak Lawn.

EDIT:

Even better would be if you could afford somewhere in the loop (downtown), but this is more expensive. THere is one s***ty place I can think of, the Ohio House, but I have no clue what their rates are.

Edited by NYSox35

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Oct 17, 2005 -> 06:53 PM)
I tried googling it for about an hr at work to see if there was some secret.  No luck at all.

I have recruited my mom, dad, and now 4 of my good friends to try for em.  I'm working on getting some more people in.

If Team Gage scores big, don't forget little old me. :pray

[Today is the first time I ever used the praying smiley, so this is serious. :D ]

I haven't looked, but I'd guess hotel prices could get jacked up with the Sox in the series (don't know how many people are traveling in). Of course typically weekend rates are cheaper because the business travelers are usually at home.

Sometimes a great place to look or call is a Hyatt or one the nicer hotels that cater to business people. They tend to be very expensive during the week, but they usually are wide open on weekends and sometimes you can end up getting awesome rooms at a great price (just because a lot of people don't even consider checking with them when trying for a room).

I know I"ve stayed at Hyatts (in Pittsburgh and Phoenix area) for as low as 49 a night on a weekend. Not saying it will be that in Chicago, but you never know. Priceline is always a good bet in Chicago too.

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Oct 17, 2005 -> 04:32 PM)
If Team Gage scores big, don't forget little old me.  :pray

[Today is the first time I ever used the praying smiley, so this is serious.  :D ]

Here's to hoping. I'd love to get 2 sets of 4 because than I think I could get quite a few of us Soxtalkers in and I just hope as many of us as possible get to enjoy the experience of a world series game :cheers