Sox @ Houston - World Series Game 4

Heads22

YOU ARE WATCHING THE 2005 WORLD SERIES CHAMPION CHICAGO WHITE SOX!

I made it on the postgame show last night at about 2:45 am. Did anyone stay up that late to listen? I was the caller after the bonehead from Japan.

22 teams have been in this situation before & 18 of them clinched the next game.

Edited by whitesoxmanager

It would be huge to not have to face the Big 3 again.

Yeah, nobody's ever blown a 3-0 lead in the Series. Doesn't mean it can't happen. Up until last year, nobody ever blew a 3-0 lead in the LCS.

If we falter tomorrow, not only do we have to face one of their 3 best pitchers, but we seriously oxygenate a fire that is on the verge of burning out now. We went above and beyond the call of duty when it comes to surviving their Big 3. With the way our starting and relief pitching has been faltering, and with the latent talent that those three have, we don't want to risk it.

Win it tomorrow, put our minds at ease.

:lolhitting

22 teams before the White Sox have started the World Series with a 3-0 lead. All 22 of those teams ended up winning the World Series. 18 of those teams won the World Series on the fourth game.

QUOTE(Antonio Osuna @ Oct 26, 2005 -> 01:53 AM)
It would be huge to not have to face the Big 3 again.

Yeah, nobody's ever blown a 3-0 lead in the Series. Doesn't mean it can't happen. Up until last year, nobody ever blew a 3-0 lead in the LCS.

If we falter tomorrow, not only do we have to face one of their 3 best pitchers, but we seriously oxygenate a fire that is on the verge of burning out now. We went above and beyond the call of duty when it comes to surviving their Big 3. With the way our starting and relief pitching has been faltering, and with the latent talent that those three have, we don't want to risk it.

Win it tomorrow, put our minds at ease.

Is an ultra-pessimist's glass just completely dry and empty?

Wow I can't believe this is actually upon us here. Let's go out and do this.

Brandon Backe. The bad news is he's a MUCH better pitcher at homer with a 6-2 record with a 3.41 ERA. His walks are more than halved in home games too.

Not much of a difference b/w righties and lefties, but righties hit him slightly better at .266. He was better after the ASB with a 3.92 ERA but only pitched 7 starts.

He's TERRIBLE with any type of runner on at all, a 7.56 ERA with runners on, and then it gets worse, so that's going to be a big key.

He's not a good starter either like Freddy with ERA's of 4.42, 4.29 and 10.08 from pitch counts 1-15, 16-30, 31-45.

And our hitters have not faced him much at all, with Konerko the most AB's at 3. Let's hope that's not a bad thing.

We need just 1 more guys, go out there, keep doing what you've been doing, especially on the offensive end, and execute. :headbang :gosox3:

I somehow woke up EARLY, and I'm still so drained. However, I love this team so much. They're doing the right things, and they're saying the right things.

Rowand after last night:

"We still have a lot of work to do. You can enjoy the win and the situation we are in right now. But the bottom line is we have to win another game to get the championship. The Astros won't lie down, not in this park and with their fans behind them. They won't roll over tomorrow."

Let's get 1 more.

:gosox3: :gosox2: :gosox3:

I have a couple co-workers behind me talking about the Sox. One is a diehard Cub fan and I am not sure about the other, but the one was insinuating the Sox are being handed these games. I have something in my pocket for that person. . . :finger

Edited by Queen Prawn

QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ Oct 26, 2005 -> 08:48 AM)
I have a couple co-workers behind me talking about the Sox.  One is a diehard Cub fan and I am not sure about the other, but the one was insinuating the Sox are being handed these games.  I have something in my pocket for that person. . . :finger

Well take it outta your pocket and let that birdie fly, fly, fly.... ;)

Cub fans at work are walking around like their dogs just died.

QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ Oct 26, 2005 -> 08:36 AM)
I am sooooooooooooooooo tired right now - the coffee isn't even providing enough caffiene lol.

To quote Queen, "GIMME THE PRIZE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" :headbang :snr

That's nothing more than desperation talking. They are grasping on to any straw they can. However, the bottom line is that the Chicago White Sox are going to be the 2005 World Champions and the Cubs are going to be, well, the Cubs.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Oct 26, 2005 -> 09:29 AM)
That's nothing more than desperation talking.  They are grasping on to any straw they can.  However, the bottom line is that the Chicago White Sox are going to be the 2005 World Champions and the Cubs are going to be, well, the Cubs.

IN DUSTY WE TRUSTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eat your f***ing heart out, Cubs fans.

Then....go eat Dusty Baker's head. :fthecubs :fthecubs