The Official Parade Thread

southsideirish71

I was at LaSalle and Randolph, and the parade was pretty cool. All the confeti was really cool. For the rally, I let my girlfriend lead the way with her ass and we got fairly close to the stage. About half a block away. We could barely hear anything, but at least I could see the screen. Overall, it was a really good day.

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was at LaSalle and Randolph, and the parade was pretty cool. All the confeti was really cool. For the rally, I let my girlfriend lead the way with her ass and we got fairly close to the stage. About half a block away. We could barely hear anything, but at least I could see the screen. Overall, it was a really good day.

Does your girlfriend have a Bobby Jenks-like ass? :huh: :lol:

I was on the LaSalle and Wacker ( thnk) it was incredible. Absolutely amazing. I got some confetti and am keeping it--I gave my dad a couple of pieces and he put it in his little Sox Box (ticket stubs, a signed basebal, etc) that he keeps on his nightstand.

It was amazing. So great to see all of those Sox fans. Incredble. I am so honored, happy, beyond words I got to be there. . .

(And I was only a little late to the wedding rehearsal dinner. . .)

Yeah, great sound. I got to hear Santana and Nancy as clear as day, but when it came time for something I actually gave a toss about...I left. Couldn't hear anything.

Was anybody here the guy dressed up as the score board??? Here's an idea buddy, next time there is going to be a MASSIVE gathering of people, try not to wear a refrigerator!!!

I heard a lot of people complaining on the way home that they didn't even make it close to LaSalle. Most people approached the parade from west to east and just looked for LaSalle. We went north on Franklin to Wacker and then cut east to LaSalle. We had a decent spot and could hear pretty well.

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Oct 29, 2005 -> 09:26 AM)
Yeah, great sound. I got to hear Santana and Nancy as clear as day, but when it came time for something I actually gave a toss about...I left. Couldn't hear anything.

Was anybody here the guy dressed up as the score board??? Here's an idea buddy, next time there is going to be a MASSIVE gathering of people, try not to wear a refrigerator!!!

Sorry you couldn't hear.

I saw 2 strollers. :D

Gotta love the people holding up giant flags and huge signs so that NO ONE behind them can see or take pics.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Oct 29, 2005 -> 09:27 AM)
I saw 2 strollers.  :D

Then you may have seen me. :D But ours was one of those little ones that could be collapsed really easy. It took up virtually no room at all, and we angled it so it was right on front of my wife and me, and it wasn't in anybodies way. I hate inconsiderate people in these situations, so I do everything I can to make it a workable situation for myself with a 2 year old, and everybody else who is going to be around me.

I don't feel like reading through this whole thread but did anyone else notice on the replay of the introduction that it seemed Farmer forgot to introduce El Duque?? He looked so out of place....I wonder if he was pissed they forgot him...because I don't remember Farmer saying his name either....

QUOTE(EvilJester99 @ Oct 29, 2005 -> 11:59 PM)
I don't feel like reading through this whole thread but did anyone else notice on the replay of the introduction that it seemed Farmer forgot to introduce El Duque?? He looked so out of place....I wonder if he was pissed they forgot him...because I don't remember Farmer saying his name either....

They announced him. However farmio did have some trouble announcing borch. Joe Borch Ard.

Edited by Rowand44

It was awesome, even without being able to hear. The crowd was awesome. The only pain in the ass was these 2 drunks that tried to start a "Cubs Suck" chant. So pathetic, f*** the scrubs man, especially on a day like that.

They didnt boo the US CELLULAR REP, thats when they chanted "we cant hear! We cant hear!"

And here are some bad pics I took, people kept bumping my camera.

Img_1170.jpg

Img_1172.jpg

Img_1180.jpg

Img_1181.jpg

Img_1184.jpg

Img_1186.jpg

Img_1188.jpg

Img_1205.jpg

Img_1207.jpg

Img_1210.jpg

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Oct 28, 2005 -> 04:38 PM)
best sign:  "Crede, I want to get to 3rd base with you"

Yayayayay, that was my sign! Hahaha

I wasn’t going to bring it because I didn’t know if others would take a liking to it. But it was actually quiet the opposite. People were laughing at it and getting a kick out of it, calling up friends to tell them to watch for the sign cause they were standing next to it, and some people wanted me to show it to their kids! I was like…OK…!

Anywho, my friend and I got there a bit after 10 am and were lucky enough to get a good spot semi-close to the rally stage. Everything about it was absolutely amazing. When they were showing the HUGE crowds of people on the jumbo TVs we couldn’t believe our eyes. And everyone around us was nice and everyone had a smile on their face. And the crowd was SO loud, almost the complete opposite of what it sounded like on TV. We could hardly hear what everyone on stage was saying and when the fans were cheering for the team it was so amazing. And even though the “Don't stop believing” singing seemed cheesy on TV, it was great in the crowd because everyone was singing along! I’m so happy for The White Sox and for the city of Chicago!

And I’ll post some pictures when my friend sends me hers cause, hopefully, hers turned out better than mine did!

Oh yeah, and my brother called me up to say he saw me on Comcast waving around my “Joe Crede, I wanna go to third base with you!” sign!! I hope I made my family proud! :)