The Official Parade Thread

southsideirish71

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Oct 31, 2005 -> 10:53 AM)
Taste of Chicago fireworks usually bring in about a million people, as does the air and water show.

Just an observation...there are WAYYYYY more people downtown on July 3rd than there was last friday...not even close. The reason the numbers are skewed is because that 1.75 million number was the total number of people who watched the parade and caravan. So they are including all the people on the side of road in bridgeport, etc.

The turn out was amazing but there is no way it even compares with how many people are downtown on the 3rd of July.

QUOTE(Chisoxrd5 @ Oct 31, 2005 -> 11:10 AM)
Just an observation...there are WAYYYYY more people downtown on July 3rd than there was last friday...not even close. The reason the numbers are skewed is because that 1.75 million number was the total number of people who watched the parade and caravan. So they are including all the people on the side of road in bridgeport, etc.

The turn out was amazing but there is no way it even compares with how many people are downtown on the 3rd of July.

Yeah, that's what I kinda thought too. Plus the crowd for the fireworks is spread out over a larger area, pretty much the entire lakefront downtown and it's still almost impossible to move.

Edited by LosMediasBlancas

QUOTE(Chisoxrd5 @ Oct 31, 2005 -> 10:10 AM)

Agree. And IMO the 1 million number for the fireworks is way low as well.

Im glad you guys liked the PIcasso shot. Heres a higher res version (for the wallpaper)

IMG_1268.jpg

, and a couple of different shots. Sorry if they are too big, I dont have time to re-size.

IMG_1267.jpg

I really wanted to get one with the flag completely extended, but couldnt time it right:

IMG_1269.jpg

And a couple of my fellow photoseekers

ef261fb6.jpg

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Nov 3, 2005 -> 11:08 PM)
I saw the Joe Crede sign on TV! I remember them showing it on ABC 7. Ha.....haha.

ABC 7?? haha! I knew we were on Comcast, but I didn't hear about any other stations!

And I'm glad everyone enjoyed our signs! :)