Own up!

bighurt2719

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(ISF @ Oct 30, 2005 -> 12:39 PM)
Everybody in this forum has been wrong at one time or another. What are the creators eating crow for?

I ate my crow over the summer after a spring of making Pantywaist my whipping boy.

Lame topic. We should be celebrating the trophy, not calling out fellow fans.

Pretty much. Everyone's been wrong about something this season. So no one should feel bad about it or eat crow. Unless there is a big pot of crow for the whole board.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Oct 30, 2005 -> 02:52 PM)
I said the only guy I would replace him with is Chavez. No one else. Got bashed a lot for that. Now everyone wants in on his bandwagon. I still got the PM's from the original members of Crede's Crew. And Aboz, you threatened to ban me if I didn't take you off of Crede's Crew earlier in the season.

:lol:

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Oct 30, 2005 -> 02:52 PM)
I said the only guy I would replace him with is Chavez. No one else. Got bashed a lot for that. Now everyone wants in on his bandwagon. I still got the PM's from the original members of Crede's Crew. And Aboz, you threatened to ban me if I didn't take you off of Crede's Crew earlier in the season.

Put the Crew back up!

QUOTE(bighurt2719 @ Oct 30, 2005 -> 01:25 PM)
typical that some people got to take things all personal when all you have to do is admit you are wrong. why dont you go punch a pillow or have a drink, pal? i said in this origonal post that im not trying to piss anyone off.

i wasn't pissed, sorry if it came off that way.

i never wanted vinny castilla, but i would have taken joe randa.

joe proved me wrong, and i couldnt have been happier about it!

I still don't want Joe Crede. 6 more months of crappy hitting doesn't thrill me. He had a great post-season, but he still has never proved to anyone that he can sustain it for an entire year. That combined with pretty much every girl I know thinking he is hot gets old very, very quick.

I know I'm wrong on this right now, but I'm going to continue thinking the White Sox can get better production from 3B until Crede proves his worth for six months.

QUOTE(BobDylan @ Oct 30, 2005 -> 05:17 PM)
I still don't want Joe Crede.  6 more months of crappy hitting doesn't thrill me. He had a great post-season, but he still has never proved to anyone that he can sustain it for an entire year. That combined with pretty much every girl I know thinking he is hot gets old very, very quick.

I know I'm wrong on this right now, but I'm going to continue thinking the White Sox can get better production from 3B until Crede proves his worth for six months.

Sorry, man, but I have to disagree.

His defense is more than solid and while he will continue to frustrate people at times, he has proven to be clutch at the plate from the 7th inning on. That kind of "game on the line" hitter is valuable to any team.

The regular season is a grind, and most players will have ups and downs during that time. He proved his value, at least to me, on the grand stage.

And my wife thinks he looks real good with the mullet, and even THAT doesn't sway my opinion.

QUOTE(BobDylan @ Oct 30, 2005 -> 07:17 PM)
I still don't want Joe Crede.  6 more months of crappy hitting doesn't thrill me. He had a great post-season, but he still has never proved to anyone that he can sustain it for an entire year. That combined with pretty much every girl I know thinking he is hot gets old very, very quick.

:lolhitting :lolhitting :lolhitting :lolhitting

Pure comedy here folks.

I was critical of Ozzie having Cotts in the pen...I wanted him in AAA stretching out his arm with Adkins in the majors in the pen. Got pwned there.

I was also big on trading for Hudson....HUGE on it. And to think, we wouldn't have Konerko. Then again, if I were GM, I'd have traded Konerko about 4 times already.

I was also very ready to trade for RJ...Garland and Konerko. Seemed like a low price for a sure-fire 20 game winner.

I was also very ready to trade for AJ Burnett, and then ship Burnett to Philly for Wagner. Damn am I good or what.

I will say that I was never really critical of any move KW made during the offseason. I liked every one of them.

QUOTE(BobDylan @ Oct 31, 2005 -> 09:17 AM)
I still don't want Joe Crede.  6 more months of crappy hitting doesn't thrill me.

Crede has +.800 OPS's in 4 of his 6 months in 2005. One of those months he didn't was when he broke his finger.

QUOTE(Spod=Ratings @ Oct 31, 2005 -> 10:00 AM)
Wasnt there a PK is a fat selfish loser Group as well?

I personally call it "The Midseason lets get on the Paul can't hit with Runners in Scoring Position KONERKO!!!!!!! Bandwagon" ;)

Oh, and if Greg Walker can keep Crede from flying wide open on those low and outside pitches for 2 months next season...he's got that swing right for now, and had a great end of the season and good start to this season.

He can still hit .280 or better. He just needs to keep that swing working well all year. When he's going well, he has probably the prettiest swing on that team.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Oct 30, 2005 -> 06:34 PM)
I was critical of Ozzie having Cotts in the pen...I wanted him in AAA stretching out his arm with Adkins in the majors in the pen.  Got pwned there.

I was also big on trading for Hudson....HUGE on it.  And to think, we wouldn't have Konerko.  Then again, if I were GM, I'd have traded Konerko about 4 times already.

I was also very ready to trade for RJ...Garland and Konerko.  Seemed like a low price for a sure-fire 20 game winner. 

I was also very ready to trade for AJ Burnett, and then ship Burnett to Philly for Wagner.  Damn am I good or what.

I will say that I was never really critical of any move KW made during the offseason.  I liked every one of them.

Very impressive of you to own up. :)

Now imagine how long some of the ultra-pessimists' lists would be. :lol:

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Oct 30, 2005 -> 09:21 PM)
Im sorry, Soxfan1, you were saying......

I'll eat every single bit of s***, crow, ass, etc. that I have to. I was naive and pissed! :D

EDIT: God damn was I wrong.

Edited by SoxFan1