Own up!

bighurt2719

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Oct 31, 2005 -> 12:38 AM)
He's great in the clubhouse. 

I don't see how anyone on this message board could say that without being a player or part of the organization. How could you or any of us possibly know? By quotes from other players?

There are plenty of players that can fill his shoes, PLENTY. Whether they are available or not is another question.

P.S. Chemistry can be severely overrated. Look at all the crazy teams that have won championships in any sport.

Edited by BobDylan

QUOTE(BobDylan @ Oct 31, 2005 -> 06:48 PM)
I don't see how anyone on this message board could say that without being a player or part of the organization. How could you or any of us possibly know? By quotes from other players?

There are plenty of players that can fill his shoes, PLENTY. Whether they are available or not is another question.

why are you hating on crede so much? do you have a problem with a player who we would not have won the world series without?

and by slamming on crede in this topic, are you inferring that the castilla trade should have gone down?!

different strokes different folks, i guess...

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2005 @ Oct 31, 2005 -> 02:41 PM)
I'm guilty of doubting this whole team.  I'm ashamed of myself for being so negative during the tailspin in September.  I'm just glad they made a fool out of me in the end.

I remember someone said that he didn't even want the sox to make the playoffs at one point. :P

QUOTE(bighurt2719 @ Oct 31, 2005 -> 05:50 PM)
why are you hating on crede so much? do you have a problem with a player who we would not have won the world series without?

and by slamming on crede in this topic, are you inferring that the castilla trade should have gone down?!

different strokes different folks, i guess...

I never supported trading Crede for Vinny Castilla. For Randa? Sure I did. But I think it's an overstatement to say we wouldn't have won the World Series without him. A giant overstatement. That's a huge HUGE smack in the face to Konerko, Buehrle, Contreras, Garcia, Jenks, Podsedinik and the rest of the team. Crede is only one player, and not even a superstar at that. If you're going to tell me this team, a team of unsung hero's couldn't have won with say...Pablo Ozuna at thirdbase, you've severely overrated Joe Crede. Crede had a wonderful post-season and I'll give him his props for it, but I think people need to be realistic about how good of a player he is.

Edited by BobDylan

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Nov 1, 2005 -> 12:01 AM)
Nice avatar. :rolly  Joe's a damn solid player, he's no superstar but he was huge for this team when it counted.

I used this avatar for good luck, mind you. The day I put it on, Joe Crede hit a game winning double en route to winning 8 straight games and a World Series.

Still doesn't that Soxtalk's love for Joe isn't ridiculous.

QUOTE(BobDylan @ Nov 1, 2005 -> 09:48 AM)
P.S. Chemistry can be severely overrated. Look at all the crazy teams that have won championships in any sport.

And then again it can be severely underrated.

Look at the Los Angeles Dodgers. I wonder if Paul DePodesta if he ever gets another GM position, is going to have team chemistry a little bit higher up on his mind next time.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Oct 31, 2005 -> 06:09 PM)
And then again it can be severely underrated.

Look at the Los Angeles Dodgers. I wonder if Paul DePodesta if he ever gets another GM position, is going to have team chemistry a little bit higher up on his mind next time.

You have to play on a team with great chemistry to really know how much it can help with some players and teams.

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Oct 31, 2005 -> 06:57 PM)
orlyowl7sd.jpg

Seriously though, some people's love for Joe Crede is confusing.

yeah, really. and bobdylan, im not slapping anyone in the face. without crede's clutch hitting, we would not have won the world series, period. the same goes for paulie, jermaine, etc.

when you say that ozuna could have replaced joe crede at third...to me that's just so illogical. but hey, that's why this forum is fun. i respect your opinion, but i severly disagree with you. in my mind, there is no way in hell that ozuna could have done all the things crede did for this team. how many game winners did crede provide, in the feild and at the plate? that's what im backing my opinion up to.

and for the record, you need to acknowledge that you are feasting on crow right now because you called for a trade of crede for randa. all randa would have brought to this team is a smirk. but hey, that's just me.

:gosoxretro:

QUOTE(bighurt2719 @ Oct 31, 2005 -> 07:36 PM)
yeah, really. and bobdylan, im not slapping anyone in the face. without crede's clutch hitting, we would not have won the world series, period. the same goes for paulie, jermaine, etc.

when you say that ozuna could have replaced joe crede at third...to me that's just so illogical. but hey, that's why this forum is fun. i respect your opinion, but i severly disagree with you. in my mind, there is no way in hell that ozuna could have done all the things crede did for this team. how many game winners did crede provide, in the feild and at the plate? that's what im backing my opinion up to.

and for the record, you need to acknowledge that you are feasting on crow right now because you called for a trade of crede for randa. all randa would have brought to this team is a smirk. but hey, that's just me.

:gosoxretro:

now here's someone who doesn't mind to say "I told you so."

but I can say I never fully gave up Joe Crede during the season, I just didn't want him here in 2006.

QUOTE(sox-r-us @ Nov 1, 2005 -> 10:52 AM)
But I also wanted Jon G to go nowhere so ....

Who wanted Jon Garland gone? Last time I checked this season it was Contreras or El Duque being mooted in those Schmidt deals?

Now last off-season when those Randy Johnson rumors were up and going, that was a different story.

Let's see here ...

I will eat crow on Willie Harris, I didn't expect he'd contribute but he did a nice job off the bench. I think it took him a while to accept his role but he's damn glad he did, he's got a World Series ring.

Crede ... I would've been shocked if they traded Crede, they didn't and it turned out for the best.

Everett and Dye ... this is one area I was right. Both of those guys are professional hitters, they'll go through up's and downs but they are quality hitters. Are there better hitters out there, of course there are. But I remember Everett being ripped on this site last winter and the beating Jermaine Dye took early on was way over the top and indicative of some fans belief that a trade should be made every other day.

Extra pitcher vs. Ross Gload ... wow, the Sox pitchers were nice and fresh through the playoffs, I agreed with what mgmt. did then and I agree now.

QUOTE(qwerty @ Nov 1, 2005 -> 12:03 AM)
Kruk said crede is a superstar in the making... i tend to agree.

Sure everything else says during the season is retarded and Kruk is an idiot... but when he says something positive about us a course he is right? :P

Im not sure if you were one of the people always on Kruk's case Qwerty just most people were...

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2005 @ Oct 31, 2005 -> 09:08 PM)
Damnit,  I was hoping everybody forgot that I said that. :lol:

I didn't mean it.  That was just my emotions talking.

LOL, I did and I was just real bored a few nights ago and was just surfing the site looking at random game threads and there it was. :P :lol:

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Nov 1, 2005 -> 01:27 AM)
Who wanted Jon Garland gone? Last time I checked this season it was Contreras or El Duque being mooted in those Schmidt deals?

Now last off-season when those Randy Johnson rumors were up and going, that was a different story.

Let me clarify....not this year, but before this year almost everyone on this board at one point or another did.

QUOTE(sox-r-us @ Nov 1, 2005 -> 01:23 AM)
Let me clarify....not this year, but before this year almost everyone on this board at one point or another did.

i think you are rationalizing.

i also think you need to admit that you advocated a trade of crede for castilla.

c'mon, admit it.