Opening Day, April of 06.

LosMediasBlancas

Since we had never won the WS in my lifetime, I didn't pay any attention to what other teams have done, or what the traditions are. Will the WS banner get raised at the Cell on opening day next year? Will it just be a pennant that reads '2005', or a banner with 'WS Champs 2005' on it?

Do you guys think the chances of getting tix to opening day are good if you don't have some kind of season ticket package?

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Oct 30, 2005 -> 04:58 PM)
Since we had never won the WS in my lifetime, I didn't pay any attention to what other teams have done, or what the traditions are.  Will the WS banner get raised at the Cell on opening day next year?    Will it just be a pennant that reads '2005', or a banner with 'WS Champs 2005' on it?

Do you guys think the chances of getting tix to opening day are good if you don't have some kind of season ticket package?

It'll probably be similar to what they have now with the flags with just the year number on it. You never know though. JR might spice it up like he did with the Bulls banners after a year in which he has every single player's name that was on the team including IR. They will also be doing the ring ceremony too if they follow what most teams have done in the past on opening day.

I think you still have a decent chance of getting opening day tix. You're just going to have to get them on the day(within in a couple of days) they are released intstead of being able to wait a couple of days or so. I can't wait. I definately can't miss break my streak of 5 consecutive OD's.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Oct 30, 2005 -> 05:03 PM)
It'll probably be similar to what they have now with the flags with just the year number on it. You never know though. JR might spice it up like he did with the Bulls banners after a year in which he has every single player's name that was on the team including IR. They will also be doing the ring ceremony too if they follow what most teams have done in the past on opening day.

I think you still have a decent chance of getting opening day tix. You're just going to have to get them on the day(within in a couple of days) they are released intstead of being able to wait a couple of days or so. I can't wait. I definately can't miss break my streak of 5 consecutive OD's.

I've got a streak of 3 opening days going and i will definitly be there for 06.

QUOTE(chimpy2121 @ Oct 30, 2005 -> 08:48 PM)
I got season tickets for next year so I'll be there. I can't wait.

A little off topic...we got Premium Upper Deck but we are trying to upgrade to the Club Level. There should still be availability there right?

i got club level for next year and the best i could get at the time was sec 350...HOPEFULLY i will be able to upgrade

Thankfully I'm probably not going to have to worry getting tickets, since we put in our season ticket order last Monday. We still haven't heard from them, but I'm not overly concerned. We put in an order for lower deck reserved, but we want to upgrade it to premium lower deck box. We plan on calling in at 9:00 on Tuesday to get our tickets, hopefully we'll still get some decent seats.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Oct 30, 2005 -> 03:58 PM)

I'll flex a little bit of my graphic design geekery here...

I think that had to do more with the fact that around that time, the Bulls and Blackhawks were moving to the United Center and it was part of the trappings of their new home.

Also, listing 12 names of a basketball team around the perimeter of a banner that will be viewed as a stationary position from a much shorter distance is a totally different proposition than a much smaller flag that flies in the outfield, and about twice that many names.

They've updated the flags a few times at new Comiskey. When it opened in 1991, the team logo at the time of the championship was centered on a white flag between the year (as in 19-Old English Sox logo-59; 'American League Champions' along the bottom). These were pretty, but a little too much fine detail to read from, say, Section 534.

A few years later, they went to bigger flags set in IIRC, Eurostile bold--really bold, squarish, futuristic--with just the year from edge to edge and the championship below it and a black border. I thought these were too spartan.

I remember being at SoxFest '94 (I was 16), and unveiling the 1993 Division flag, which is the style they currently have, simple, sufficient block lettering.

Edited by Drew

QUOTE(THEWOOD @ Oct 30, 2005 -> 08:35 PM)
i got club level for next year and the best i could get at the time was sec 350...HOPEFULLY i will be able to upgrade

Hey, I just thought I'd let you know that my rep called today. We ended up upgrading to Club Level section 312. It was that or 354 so we figured we'd go where we could see the black and white scoreboard and get a better view of the big scoreboard.

QUOTE(chimpy2121 @ Oct 31, 2005 -> 11:06 PM)
Hey, I just thought I'd let you know that my rep called today. We ended up upgrading to Club Level section 312. It was that or 354 so we figured we'd go where we could see the black and white scoreboard and get a better view of the big scoreboard.

yeah i didnt want to sit on that side...seems like most people are the same because I was offered 312 before the WS