Dayn Perry

GASHWOUND

QUOTE(GASHWOUND @ Nov 4, 2005 -> 04:37 PM)
Looked around and didn't see this

Geez, Perry doesn't have us in the playoffs next season..shouldn't people wait till we see who's stayin and leavin for the Indians and Sox before makin predictions?

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/5050632

Some of the hated sports writers (hated here) are eggers-on - just trying to get people's goat, make them mad. Others just emphatically go where the wind takes them, making as much noise as possible on the way.

This guy, well... he's just not very bright. Read some of his other columns and see. He writes like the sports columnist at a sub-standard high school newpaper.

I really don't care what anyone says, we all know that our team is gonna be just as good if not better. Now when they say the Indians might take the central, then I can see. Divisions with good teams are always a gamble, you can't ever say one team is gonna win it right off the top in a GOOD division.

The only thing I have to say is there will be 2 teams in the playoffs from the ALC. The sox should take the division or the WC. It will either be Boston or NYY in the playoffs and not both.

Everyone can predict no playoffs for us I don't give a s***. The sox will just play with another chip on their shoulder. It's even better when everyone doubts you and you still do it, again! :D

Edited by Sox Hustler

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Nov 4, 2005 -> 07:08 PM)
Great Hawk Harrelson quotes of 2005

1.  "Are you nuts!!!!"

2.  "Where will they play him?"

3.  "Who is Dayn Perry?"

and on a similar note, did he learn to smell his name the same place as Jhonny Peralta?

I don't know why, but this really made me laugh.

QUOTE($I Need Money$ @ Nov 4, 2005 -> 11:36 PM)
I believe this is the same queer who had scott podsednik as the most overrated player in baseball.

yeah and he said Ichiro can't hit for power. Ichiro had 15 Home Runs in one of the best Pitchers parks in baseball. If he really wanted to he could hit 30 Home Runs in a season.

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Nov 4, 2005 -> 11:43 PM)
yeah and he said Ichiro can't hit for power.  Ichiro had 15 Home Runs in one of the best Pitchers parks in baseball.  If he really wanted to he could hit 30 Home Runs in a season.

This is one of the stupidest things I've heard concerning Ichiro. Everyone keeps saying that if Ichiro wanted to he could hit 30-35+ HRs next season. Well if he can truely do that why the f*** doesn't he, instead of hitting 15 more singles next season, hit 15 more HRs. It's the same thing with Ty Cobb and it makes no sense.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Nov 5, 2005 -> 12:14 PM)
This is one of the stupidest things I've heard concerning Ichiro. Everyone keeps saying that if Ichiro wanted to he could hit 30-35+ HRs next season. Well if he can truely do that why the f*** doesn't he, instead of hitting 15 more singles next season, hit 15 more HRs. It's the same thing with Ty Cobb and it makes no sense.

because he doesn't try. Have you ever seen him take BP? Put him in the Cell and he hits 30 Home Runs.

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Nov 5, 2005 -> 12:18 PM)
because he doesn't try.  Have you ever seen him take BP?  Put him in the Cell and he hits 30 Home Runs.

Why the f*** isn't he trying, 15 more HRs next year would be 15 more RBIs and 15 more Runs for his team. The Mariners could win more games next year if Ichiro "tried".

I just really don't give a s*** what he does in BP, I've seen him do it at the cell and at Comerica and he hit some HRs, congrats that's BP. Maybe he should try it in a game situation.

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Nov 5, 2005 -> 01:18 PM)
because he doesn't try.  Have you ever seen him take BP?  Put him in the Cell and he hits 30 Home Runs.

You might have a point if it weren't for the fact that in BP Ichiro knows what pitch is coming, where it will be located, and its velocity.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Nov 5, 2005 -> 12:21 PM)
Why the f*** isn't he trying, 15 more HRs next year would be 15 more RBIs and 15 more Runs for his team. The Mariners could win more games next year if Ichiro "tried".

I just really don't give a s*** what he does in BP, I've seen him do it at the cell and at Comerica and he hit some HRs, congrats that's BP. Maybe he should try it in a game situation.

because he is a leadoff hitter. It's like Pods. Pods can hit 12-14 Home Runs in a season but he decided not to because that is not his job. Ichiro's job is to get on base. If he hit in the 3 or 4 hole he might hit 25 to 30 Home Runs a year.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Nov 5, 2005 -> 07:21 AM)
I like how he assumed we wouldn't be able to sign Konerko.  Yet, he assumed that Cleveland would be able to sign Millwood.  To be honest, I'd think our chances of signing PK are better than the Tribe's chances of signing Millwood.

You hit this right on the head.

How many teams can afford Konerko and have this as a position of need.

How many teams need pitching and are willing to overspend on it.

Which player has Bora$$$ as their agent.

Bora$$$ is looking for a max deal. AJ Burnett is nice, however if I was looking to invest in a pitcher it would be Washburn or Millwood.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Nov 5, 2005 -> 01:46 PM)

Bora$$$ is looking for a max deal.  AJ Burnett is nice, however if I was looking to invest in a pitcher it would be Washburn or Millwood.

AJ Burnett's agent is Darek Braunecker.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Nov 5, 2005 -> 01:46 PM)

Bora$$$ is looking for a max deal.  AJ Burnett is nice, however if I was looking to invest in a pitcher it would be Washburn or Millwood.

i think Washburn is very underrated and he might be the best pitcher in the market. Look at it this way: Times Washburn has won 15 or more games- 1. Burnett- 0.