MVP 06 NCAA Baseball

DBAHO

QUOTE(Jeckle2000 @ Nov 10, 2005 -> 08:22 PM)
MVP baseball sucks end of story... People cream their pants because it has EA on the label... Even though it has worse graphics and crappier features then every other game on the market... But the guillible people will buy it because of the name on the front... It's so sad that those crappy Madden games are the only options out there for football.... because i'm stuck with 2k5 till that license runs out...

EA SUCKS!!!! BOYCOTT EA!!!

Wow. Worst post ever. MVP undoubtedly has been the best baseball game out for the past 3 years. Not because EA made it, but because of the engine they use. Everything flows smoothly and it feels like a real baseball game. It's not even close when it came to MVP and the next best baseball game. I really don't care about who makes games, I just care about quality. EA has made the best quality baseball games without a doubt.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Jeckle2000 @ Nov 10, 2005 -> 09:22 PM)
MVP baseball sucks end of story... People cream their pants because it has EA on the label... Even though it has worse graphics and crappier features then every other game on the market... But the guillible people will buy it because of the name on the front... It's so sad that those crappy Madden games are the only options out there for football.... because i'm stuck with 2k5 till that license runs out...

EA SUCKS!!!! BOYCOTT EA!!!

I own both 2k5 and MVP 2005 and the graphics in MVP look alot better as far as the players are concerned. The stadiums and ESPN branding look good in 2k5 but that's about it. The gameplay is also much smoother in MVP in terms of fielding and pitching. I'm wary to purchase EA games because of how they treat their employees but MVP is a far better game than whatever Take Two has been offering.

My main gripe with MVP has been the hitting control which I think made the game too difficult. I thought it was always too hard to control the direction of my hits even with the stick. Still, it's alot more fun than repeatedly tapping a button to make my player run faster around the base paths.

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Nov 10, 2005 -> 08:54 PM)
I care about the brand. I have joined the boycott of EA, along with millions of others.

all the guys like you complain about EA fans that will loyally buy anything EA comes out with.

Aren't you doing the exact same thing?

you will loyally not buy anything that EA comes out with.

This is why the sports videogame market has taken a downward turn.

If both sides of the line stopped caring about brands and started caring about content, we'd have alot better games out.

QUOTE(SnB @ Nov 10, 2005 -> 09:25 PM)
all the guys like you complain about EA fans that will loyally buy anything EA comes out with.

Aren't you doing the exact same thing?

you will loyally not buy anything that EA comes out with.

This is why the sports videogame market has taken a downward turn.

If both sides of the line stopped caring about brands and started caring about content, we'd have alot better games out.

Exactly.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Nov 10, 2005 -> 06:57 PM)
And I will stand by my statment, I feel bad for you as a gamer. You and "Millions" like you claim, are missing out on the best baseball game that has ever been produced.

EA is better at football games (college football owns) and baseball games (MVP rocked). However, ESPN is better at hockey games (at least 2k5, which was just awesome). Haven't played the latest one so I can't comment.

Oh and NBA Live (last years edition) was way >>>> NBA2k (horrible camera angles, imo).

I just play games I like. for the most part I prefer EA gameplay, that said, ESPN Hockey was one of the best video games EVER.

QUOTE(watchtower41 @ Nov 10, 2005 -> 01:42 PM)
Go try the demos they have for 360 at Best Buy, I almost wet my pants trying out King Kong.  Its gonna be an AMAZING system.  As for this MVP NCAA Baseball, this is gonna horribly fail.  The majority of baseball fans out there couldnt name 5 college baseball players, let alone know what the best team in nation is.  2k sports will own baseball for here on out becuase it has the MLB license, much like Madden did for football this year.  Hell, 2k sports already came out with a World Series Edition for this year's game... which I suggest picking up, updated rosters (though no Bobby Jenks) and realistic pennant chases from this year.  EA Sports is the biggest joke in the gaming industry.... same game year after year, different player on the cover.  This year's Madden is one of the worst football video games Ive ever played.

Thanks a lot.

I was hoping to find someone who has played it.

At $20, I'm still considering getting it. But now that I know Jenks isn't on it, I'm reconsidering.

I will grant you the players faces look better... But everything else looks as if it belongs in a PS1 game... I actually bought EA MVP 2005 this year to give it a shot and I returned it after two days... it was so terrible... I mean I swear I must of checked the disk 100 times to make sure I didn't buy the PS1 version... The graphics were that bad... Add in the pitching meter which sucked, the hitting that sucked.. and the fielding that was stiff... and the game overall just was a huge disappointment... The same feeling I had when they ruined NBA live...

EA games just suck... period... and anyone who can defend those PS1 graphics as superior needs new glasses...

Take 2 games might not be perfect... and there are flaws i'm not happy with... but at least it looks like a ps2 game...

It's disqusting that I can buy a copy of Madden 2002 for 3 dollars... and know i'm playing pretty much the exact same game thats one today... Name change here or there and thats it...

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Nov 10, 2005 -> 10:50 PM)
EA is better at football games (college football owns) and baseball games (MVP rocked).  However, ESPN is better at hockey games (at least 2k5, which was just awesome).  Haven't played the latest one so I can't comment.

Oh and NBA Live (last years edition) was way >>>> NBA2k (horrible camera angles, imo). 

I just play games I like.  for the most part I prefer EA gameplay, that said, ESPN Hockey was one of the best video games EVER.

Ditto. MVP baseball is easily the best game for baseball, madden usually rocks though I didn't like this years that much. The last few years I've bought the espn basketball game but this year live is pretty damn awesome imo. Also, I always get college hoops by espn, loved that game last year.

QUOTE(Jeckle2000 @ Nov 11, 2005 -> 03:21 AM)
I will grant you the players faces look better... But everything else looks as if it belongs in a PS1 game... I actually bought EA MVP 2005 this year to give it a shot and I returned it after two days... it was so terrible... I mean I swear I must of checked the disk 100 times to make sure I didn't buy the PS1 version... The graphics were that bad... Add in the pitching meter which sucked, the hitting that sucked.. and the fielding that was stiff... and the game overall just was a huge disappointment... The same feeling I had when they ruined NBA live...

So did you actually play MLB 2k5? Also if you play on PS2, you don't really have a right to complain about graphics. It's the platform silly.

QUOTE(DonkeyKongerko @ Nov 11, 2005 -> 07:41 PM)
So did you actually play MLB 2k5? Also if you play on PS2, you don't really have a right to complain about graphics. It's the platform silly.

Thank you. Tell me you've never played a PC EA game before and tell me you haven't been impressed with the graphics.

And it's only going to be better with the XBOX 360.

It seems like people are b****ing about EA, for the sake of b****ing on EA, because they have a monopoly on the market yada, yada, yada, and not because the games are actually GOOD. :bang

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Nov 11, 2005 -> 04:41 AM)
It seems like people are b****ing about EA, for the sake of b****ing on EA, because they have a monopoly on the market yada, yada, yada, and not because the games are actually GOOD.  :bang

Good sports games.

Uncreative and unimaginative in all other genres.

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Nov 11, 2005 -> 09:11 PM)
Good sports games.

Yeah I don't have a beef with that, I play EA Sports Games, I don't spend my time playing games like The Sims etc.

But most of them get pretty good reviews anyways.

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Nov 11, 2005 -> 05:11 AM)
Good sports games.

Battlefield 1942, The Sims, Burnout Revenge?

So EA didn't develop the talent in-house. But they did go out and get (acquire) some of the best and brightest talents out there. Their marketing/publishing resources have really helped extend the reach of some smaller game developers that would have no chance of getting the exposure they do get as a part of EA. There is creativity and imagination at EA, you just have to filter out everything else associated with them first.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Nov 11, 2005 -> 12:59 PM)
I think alot of people are going to be suprised. Gamers, more importantly sports gamers, will buy a game if its quality, plain and simple. MVP has been the cream of the crop for baseball games for the last 3 years, sales and gameplay proves it.

From what it sounds like, MVP 06 is going to far surpass a great game in MVP 05. I think alot of sports gamers are going to be excited for something new in the gaming world, a college baseball game. The demand is there, and I think people will be suprised how many copies are sold if the game lives up to the MVP name.

I personally agree with you on the quality of game stuff, and I personally am going to get MVP NNCAA Baseball, but you have to remember all the casual fans out there. All the parents who are buying a baseball game for their kids are going to have no idea who the companies are, see one is major league baseball, and go with that.

Although, didn't 2K lose their ESPN license? That's gonna hurt.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Nov 11, 2005 -> 02:19 PM)
And guess who they lost it to?

MVP 06 will have the ESPN presentation.

they didnt lose it, they dropped it. The presentation is still the same, just no Baseball Tonight theme music, big deal. There is a reason why real College Baseball is on ESPNU, if its on at all. Nobody is interested, nobody watches it, I agree there will be an interest factor because it the first game of its kind and its coming from a company with a big reputation, but lets be serious, NCAA baseball liscensing will not outsell an MLB licensed product, I dont care what the product is. As far as groundbreaking new gameplay, that will surpass previous MVP installments, I'll believe that when I see it. EA said the same thing with Madden and its qb vision this year, the worst reviewed football videogame in over 5 years.

QUOTE(watchtower41 @ Nov 11, 2005 -> 02:46 PM)
they didnt lose it, they dropped it. 

That's not my point. The fact that they no longer have the ESPN name is going to hurt; it isn't just "Baseball Tonight theme music"--it's the brand and everything that comes with it. They are going to lose some sales because of it.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Nov 11, 2005 -> 12:59 PM)
I think alot of people are going to be suprised. Gamers, more importantly sports gamers, will buy a game if its quality, plain and simple. MVP has been the cream of the crop for baseball games for the last 3 years, sales and gameplay proves it.

From what it sounds like, MVP 06 is going to far surpass a great game in MVP 05. I think alot of sports gamers are going to be excited for something new in the gaming world, a college baseball game. The demand is there, and I think people will be suprised how many copies are sold if the game lives up to the MVP name.

What about MLB fans who play video games? That's what most of their market probably comes from. I know that's the category I fall under. Another thing, College baseball is not as big as College football and basketball ( so it probably won't even out sell those games).

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Nov 11, 2005 -> 03:41 AM)
Thank you. Tell me you've never played a PC EA game before and tell me you haven't been impressed with the graphics.

And it's only going to be better with the XBOX 360.

It seems like people are b****ing about EA, for the sake of b****ing on EA, because they have a monopoly on the market yada, yada, yada, and not because the games are actually GOOD.  :bang

Exactly. People are just b****ing at EA Games because they're EA games. MVP was by far the best sports game IMHO.