Ozzie wants a new #2 hitter

beck72

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Whitesoxfan56 @ Nov 10, 2005 -> 08:59 AM)
My off the wall prediction for this offseason was for the sox to aquire Juan Pierre from the Marlins, so I am going to stick to this prediction... I have no reason to belive that this is accully happen, but I predicted AROD getting traded to the Yanks and Colon going to the Sox along with the sox getting Pods in the past few years.  Having said that I have been wrong about 70% of the time  :huh:  :D  :lolhitting

The White Sox are built around defense and pitching.. why in the world would we trade for a centerfielder whose arm is worse than Damon's and sucks at defense?

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Nov 10, 2005 -> 07:37 PM)
Good point.  I recently read that while the rest of the Braves players were celebrating with champagne, he sat alone in another room.  Later a few ran into his room and sprayed him water and pop I think.  I don't want to read too much into that, but I'd say his problems are real.    :huh

Didn't the same thing happen with Willie Harris. Willie Harris is allergic to Champagne.

Personally I believe Ozzie thinks Rafael Furcal would be the ideal SS. However, I think we will go after Alex Gonzalez from the Marlins to play SS. Gonzalez has a cannon for an arm and has more range than Uribe. His base stealing is not very good, but maybe Ozzie and Rock Raines can change that. Uribe will then be moved to our supersub position. I think this move will make Willie Harris expendable. We will keep Ozuna around for his speed and ability to play corner OF positions as well as all the infield positions.

QUOTE(southsideirish @ Nov 10, 2005 -> 03:38 PM)
Personally I believe Ozzie thinks Rafael Furcal would be the ideal SS. However, I think we will go after Alex Gonzalez from the Marlins to play SS. Gonzalez has a cannon for an arm and has more range than Uribe. His base stealing is not very good, but maybe Ozzie and Rock Raines can change that. Uribe will then be moved to our supersub position. I think this move will make Willie Harris expendable. We will keep Ozuna around for his speed and ability to play corner OF positions as well as all the infield positions.

Are you nuts? Why would you move the best shortstop in the AL?, thats right, he deserved the GG more than anyone else. And now you are talking about putting him on the bench? Are you kidding me? Where do you get off calling yourself a sox fan while you know nothing about this team? Please tell me where Uribe deserves to get moved from starting to being a sub? Please enlighten us all. And me and you can put down a gentlemans bet that if uribe starts at SS for the sox next year you owe me cubs/sox tickets and vice versa. Your theories are unfounded and ridiculous, I award you no points and may god have mercy on your soul.

The sox have NO need for furcal or Gonzalez for that matter. We have a young, cheap, GG caliber SS who is one of the leaders of this team.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Nov 10, 2005 -> 02:57 PM)
Please, someone build me a business case of why in hell we would supplant probably the best defensive SS in the AL for Alex freakin Gonzalez.

I want Juan at shortstop next year, trust me, and replacing him with Alex Gonzalez would be retarded.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Nov 10, 2005 -> 03:14 PM)
nope, you stay out of this :angry:

Uhh.. no.

This thread already has enough turns in it without a fight..

Agree to disagree and move on because no matter what he says you are not going to agree and it's going to turn into bulls***.

QUOTE(Steff @ Nov 10, 2005 -> 04:17 PM)
Uhh.. no.

This thread already has enough turns in it without a fight..

Agree to disagree and move on because no matter what he says you are not going to agree and it's going to turn into bulls***.

there hasnt been a fight...yet. in fact, there hasnt even been debate.

this will help kill the time until a debate breaks out

www.housewithbride.com