Hi There Sox Fans!

SoCalSouthSider59

As a new member of Soxtalk, i'd like to introduce myself to all of you. Johnny's the name, lifelong Sox Fan, born in Chicago in March of 1959. (GoGo Sox!) :gosox1: Grew up on the SouthSide, well, SouthWest Side, lol, in Marquette Park, in the 1960's, then moved to the South 'Burbs, to Riverdale, and lived in the Pacesetter Townhomes at 138th and Wallace St., until i moved to Los Angeles in late 1979. I have been in L.A. ever since, but i have never lost my love for the Windy City, or the Chicago White Sox, i had truly suffered with all of you until this great year of 2005. '83, '93, 2000, you get the picture. I came back to Chicago for the first time in 26 years, on September 17th, for a number of reasons, seeing the Sox play at the new Sox/Comiskey Park (i'll never call it U.S. Cellular Field) being one of them. Was only to stay for two weeks, but was having such a great time, i stayed until October 15, and went to game 1 of the ALCS. One of my childhood buddies does the Stadium Club/Levy Restaurant security for all of the Sox home games, and was able to get me a ticket to the game at face value. Even though the Sox lost that game, (they should have won it) i had a great time, as i never thought i would ever be attending an ALCS game in Chicago! I also attended the the last 3 regular season home games against the Indians as well. I try to attend every Sox game when they are in Anaheim, Ca., beating up on the Angels.

Lifelong Bears fan as well.......... :cheers

Well anyway, it's great to finally be here as a member, thanks for the long read, and here's a pic of me with a true vision of beauty, :wub: on the NorthWest corner of 35th and Shields, before game 1 of the ALCS. It doesn't get much better than this......... ;)

MeandtheSoxGal.jpg

I never even got her name! :crying

Does anyone here know it? Or her?

See ya, i'll be around......... :usa

Johnny

SoCalSouthSider59

Oh, i almost forgot--------CUBS SUCK!!!!!

Thanks for the warm welcome so far all, it's much appreciated, and i can already tell that this is going to be a great site to hang out on! :D

Hey Jeremy, 'sup bud, i knew you'd see me here sooner or later, ;) thanks for turning me on to Soxtalk, and thanks for the post! :drink

Yes, i am an old school Sox fan, and proud of it. Here's a pic that newer Sox fans may not know about, i practically lived there back in the day, and i was saddened to see Her go by way of the wrecking ball......... :crying

DCP_3505.jpg

Even my '68 Ford Ranchero GT Hot Rod, which is now pictured in my avitar, is approprately done in Sox colors, with a Sox plate frame i brought back from the Grandstand at 35th and Wallace to match. I must be a true fan, lol!

:cheers

Edited by SoCalSouthSider59

As a new member of Soxtalk, i'd like to introduce myself to all of you. Johnny's the name, lifelong Sox Fan, born in Chicago in March of 1959. (GoGo Sox!) :gosox1: Grew up on the SouthSide, well, SouthWest Side, lol, in Marquette Park, in the 1960's,

Welcome aboard my friend. I got a few days on you. Was born late February of '59. and raised in a small town called Calumet Park about 127th Street a few blocks west of Halsted Ave. I don't post a whole lot, but I read quite often to obtain whatever info I can on our CHAMPS!! Enjoy the board and its people!!!

QUOTE(YASNY @ Nov 16, 2005 -> 01:08 AM)
Welcome to Soxtalk! It's nice to see another longterm (re: old dude) Soxfan join the board.  There's only a few of us around here.

Yes there are. Not to highjack the thread but hats off to you for sticking with Joe Crede. You were right and I was wrong and I'm damn glad. I always liked Joe but yes I did doubt him. Again you were right and I was wrong and that's great. SCalSS59 nice to meet you. I actually remember the 59 WS. I actually remember the 05 one too. A much better collection of memories I'd say.

Nice to meet all of you too! :D

rooftop shots : I remember Calumet Park quite well, hung around there quite a bit in '74-'75 ! :drink ;) While i was in Chicago this year, i also reconnected with my first love, (one of the main reasons i returned, as well as catching some Sox games) whom i hadn't seen in almost 30 years! She lived just on the outskirts of the City limits, in Chicago, at 123rd and Racine, just a few blocks West of Halsted, until 1976, then moved to Worth with her family. She went to Our Mother of Sorrows High School, in Blue Island, when it was just an all girls school. Man, was it sweet, picking Her up every day after school! :P Our reconnection, albeit long distance, is moving right along, and who knows what the future will hold for the two of us. I do know one thing though, She's a Sox fan Herself, so that's gotta help! Expecting some ALCS and WS souvenirs from Her anyday now......... :D

I saw my share of rooftop shots hit at Comiskey by Melton, Allen, and others, back in the day........

tonyho7476 : What can i say, LOL, it was on such short notice !!! ;)

:cheers

Welcome SCSS59!

I am another member of the Old Fart Club, and it's always good to get another "seasoned veteran" around here to show these little whippersnappers what's what!

Oh, one other thing....

GET YER GRUBBY PAWS OFF MY SISTER, YA PERVERT!!!!

:D Remember, green is the color of sarcasm....