JUAN PIERRE

JUGGERNAUT

I agree with you on Pierre.  I like the idea of having two speedsters at the top of the order but we would need a good power hitter at both first base and DH to make up for such a light hitting outfield of Podsednik and Pierre.

Also, Rowand's defense was awesome but it's not like he did much with his arm.  I don't see how Pierre's weak arm would be much of a difference from Rowand's.

i fixed it for you :chair :chair

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From ESPN - " He has quickened his release and overall his arm is considered adequate."

I wouldn't consider adequate to be strong.

First thats ESPN, second have you watched any sox games this year :P ??? come on aaron has a good arm, not great, but it isnt horrable like you stated earlier. And it is way better then Pods, or Pierre's arm

EDIT: sorry you didnt say he had a weak arm it was someone else, my bad

Edited by whitesoxfan1022

QUOTE(whitesoxfan1022 @ Nov 18, 2005 -> 03:28 PM)
First thats ESPN, second have you watched any sox games this year??? come on aaron has a good arm, not great, but it isnt horrable like you stated earlier.  And it is way better then Pods, or Pierre's arm

No-one is saying Rowand's arm is as bad as Pods or Pierre's, but it's not STRONG as you said. He's an excellent defensive outfielder for sure, but his arm isn't the reason.

No, I meant what I wrote.  Anyone who thought Rowand's arm was strong and accurate this past season must have been watching another team play.  :huh:

WOW, whats next, Rowand is a horrable fielder as well. Comeon man, Rowand didnt have an Ichiro type arm, but he did have one of the stronger arms in the AL

WOW, whats next, Rowand is a horrable fielder as well.  Comeon man, Rowand didnt have an Ichiro type arm, but he did have one of the stronger arms in the AL

You are putting words in my mouth. He was great at fielding the ball. I don't think he had one of the stronger arms in the A.L. though. Not even close.

No-one is saying Rowand's arm is as bad as Pods or Pierre's, but it's not STRONG as you said. He's an excellent defensive outfielder for sure, but his arm isn't the reason.

someone before stated he has an horrable arm, and his arm as compairable to pierre's, but i realized that wasnt you. I know his arm wasnt the strongest, but my argument this whole time was with the one guy that said pierre had the same arm as aaron...thats just crazy

I've been saying for a while that Rowand's arm was extremely subpar for him. He's not even in the picture for best throwing CF in the AL. For some reason, he seemed to play pepper with the pitcher's mound whenever he tried to throw someone out at home. I'm 99 pct sure he didn't have an outfield assist at home plate this season.

We already had 2 bad arms in the outfield this past season -- Podsednik's and Rowand's.  Dye had a strong arm but he wasn't accurate with it.

Didn't you know that having one bad season means you are on the decline?  I wonder what it means when you only have one really good season and then a really horrible one to follow it up like Rowand.  :huh:

You are putting words in my mouth.  He was great at fielding the ball.  I don't think he had one of the stronger arms in the A.L. though.  Not even close.

How am I putting words in your mouth, you said Rowand has a bad arm, which is wrong.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan1022 @ Nov 17, 2005 -> 10:34 PM)
someone before stated he has an horrable arm, and his arm as compairable to pierre's, but i realized that wasnt you.  I know his arm wasnt the strongest, but my argument this whole time was with the one guy that said pierre had the same arm as aaron...thats just crazy

Does arm strength really matter if you are no accurate? Jermaine dye and vlad are two prime examples that arm strength does not = good. I want accuracy.

QUOTE(fathom @ Nov 18, 2005 -> 03:35 PM)
I've been saying for a while that Rowand's arm was extremely subpar for him.  He's not even in the picture for best throwing CF in the AL.  For some reason, he seemed to play pepper with the pitcher's mound whenever he tried to throw someone out at home.  I'm 99 pct sure he didn't have an outfield assist at home plate this season.

He had 3 assists this season.

How am I putting words in your mouth, you said Rowand has a bad arm, which is wrong.

Here's how:

WOW, whats next, Rowand is a horrable fielder as well.  Comeon man, Rowand didnt have an Ichiro type arm, but he did have one of the stronger arms in the AL

I do stand by what I said though. Rowand's arm was not good this past season.

Edited by SSH2005

QUOTE(whitesoxfan1022 @ Nov 17, 2005 -> 10:35 PM)

Rowand's arm was brutal this season. All of are outfielders arms were a problem in different aspects. Podsednik? He is fairly accurate without the bit of arm strength to thrown people out. Dye? Well he just throws the ball over the cut off man, he has even throw it over two cut off men in one play. Rowand buries everything he throws into the ground and it is a six hopper to it's destination.

Rowand's arm was brutal this season. All of are outfielders arms were a problem in different aspects. Podsednik? He is fairly accurate without the bit of arm strength to thrown people out. Dye? Well he just throws the ball over the cut off man, he has even throw it over two cut off men in one play. Rowand buries everything he throws into the ground and it is a six hopper to it's destination.

:lolhitting :notworthy

I know Pierre's arm is terribly weak.  But honestly, the way Rowand threw the ball most of the time, I don't see how Pierre's arm would be any different.  They would both suck.

Thats were i disagree, but o well we all have are own thoughts, but you think Rowand is a better all around fielder then Pierre, correct?

Thats were i disagree, but o well we all have are own thoughts, but you think Rowand is a better all around fielder then Pierre, correct?

Of course. I have been talking about Rowand's and Pierre's arms this entire time. Not their ability to field the ball. Rowand is better defensively than Pierre. It's just that both of their arms sucked this past season so I don't see how one would make much of a difference over the other.

Edited by SSH2005