JUAN PIERRE

JUGGERNAUT

QUOTE(JimH @ Nov 28, 2005 -> 03:22 PM)
Exactly.

Personally I think we will see two more additions to this team.  If Konerko doesn't re-sign, you'll see even more moves.

That is why we absolutely NEED PK back! He is a huge piece to KW's 2006 repeating puzzle. If PK goes elsewhere than KW will most certaintly make some more trades- & that means more Trades- which means more players gone from our WS championship team. I don't want that! However, I do see KW getting a CFer. I know he is in love with Anderson- but do they really think he's ready to play every day? I said it before Ozzie wants 2 leadoff hitters in the 1 and 2 holes and since CF is the only 'open' possition it makes sense to get Pierre. And I do remember KW saying he wasn't interested in AJ and Iguchi also last offseason. Never believe what you hear.

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Phil Rogers still thinks we will trade for Pierre:

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/columns/stor...phil&id=2242443

Konerko, Thome and Dye are expected to hit in the middle of an order that would have rookie Brian Anderson replacing the departed Aaron Rowand in center field -- and possibly forced into the No. 2 spot in the lineup. But it's possible the White Sox could still pursue a trade for Marlins center fielder Juan Pierre.

Williams has downplayed the White Sox' possible interest in Pierre, the speedy, savvy center fielder being dangled by the Florida Marlins, and it's really the only position he can take publicly.

The Sox invested a first-round pick in Anderson in 2003, and he's held up his end since then, hitting .295 for Triple-A Charlotte last season. There are two other highly regarded outfield prospects waiting to take a run at Rowand's spot if Anderson slips: Jerry Owens, a former UCLA wide receiver who won the Southern League batting title, and Chris Young, who combines power with speed and showed polish in Double-A.

Despite Williams' stated lack of interest, executives in other organizations with an eye on Pierre expect the White Sox to be a factor. He's too good of a fit to be ignored by a team hoping to get deep into the postseason again.

Pierre, who is arbitration-eligible as a five-plus player, would be a one-year proposition unless the Sox opted to sign him to a multi-year deal. He'd be an ideal No. 2 hitter behind Podsednik, giving ultra-aggressive manager Ozzie Guillen two of the top four base-stealers in the majors.

And the Marlins could plug Anderson right into center field on their bargain-basement team (unless Florida wanted Young, Owens or Double-A right fielder Ryan Sweeney more) and also come away with the power-hitting Joe Borchard and some pitching (Damaso Marte or Orlando Hernandez) in the package.

Edited by SSH2005

Do you have a brain?

He's just restating what Phil Rogers speculated:

And the Marlins could plug Anderson right into center field on their bargain-basement team (unless Florida wanted Young, Owens or Double-A right fielder Ryan Sweeney more) and also come away with the power-hitting Joe Borchard and some pitching (Damaso Marte or Orlando Hernandez) in the package.

No way would Pierre cost that much though.

Edited by SSH2005

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Dec 1, 2005 -> 08:03 PM)
Do you have a brain?

Yes, as a matter of fact, I do as I was, like ssh said, restating what Phil Rogers said, and questioning it as if to say "Why in the flying f*** would the Sox do that trade?" :bang

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Dec 1, 2005 -> 06:08 PM)
Knowing now that Kong is back 100%, my interest in Pierre has gone down alot.

Some posters here have made some good claims why the sox should  and why the sox shouldnt go after Pierre, and personally I am now on the bandwagon of sticking with Anderson.

If we land Pierre fine, I dont think it will hurt us like some posters seem to be making it out to be, but I expect big things out of Brian, and I think he knows if he is giving the starting job, this is his time to shine,and for no real reason at all, I have faith in the kid.

For me I think I'd like him even more now that Kong is back. We got those 40 homers back and we'll have 110 or so from the 3-5 slots. We dont need the extra power from centerfield. Anyways, I have nothing against Anderson starting, I like him a lot but I would love to see Juan roaming cf but that's just me.

For me I think I'd like him even more now that Kong is back.  We got those 40 homers back and we'll have 110 or so from the 3-5 slots.  We dont need the extra power from centerfield.  Anyways, I have nothing against Anderson starting, I like him a lot but I would love to see Juan roaming cf but that's just me.

This is the exact way I feel about it. I would have hated Pierre if we didn't re-sign Konerko. We would have lost too much power losing Konerko and adding Pierre. But now that we have added Thome and re-signed Konerko, we can afford to have a high OBP, great speed, and good fundamentals (bunting), no power guy batting second for us. I'm pretty neutral either way though. I wouldn't mind Pierre or Anderson starting for us in center field.

Edited by SSH2005

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Dec 1, 2005 -> 08:17 PM)
Great photoshop except for the extra white space above Mueller's left shoulder.  :drink

Ya, I know. I accidently erased some off the wrong layer. :bang

EDIT: And actually, it is his right shoulder. :P

Edited by SoxFan1

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Dec 1, 2005 -> 08:23 PM)
No, that would be Mueller's left shoulder.  But from our perspective, it's his right shoulder.  ;)

Which are you looking at? The only mistake is on HIS right shoulder...from his perspective. I think. I dunno, f*** it. If he joins the Sox, we'll see the real picture eventually lol. :P

EDIT: OOOOOOOOOOOOOH, I see. The picture setting on my monitor is bright so I couldn't see what you were talkign about. I'm glad you didn't see the real mistake! :D

Edited by SoxFan1