Bill Mueller To Sox?

Pasqua's Mailman

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think if he comes in it will be a backup.  What ESPN Radio was saying yesterday was that the Sox were trying to convince Mueller that he would get at least 400abs, he would back up 3b, 2b and I think I heard 1b (I assume that means we'd see very little of Thome at 1b if he signs). 

So basically if he does sign he would fully understand his role, and I wouldn't mind seeing it, espically with Crede's back.

yeah i like that too

QUOTE(South Side Fireworks Man @ Dec 2, 2005 -> 09:46 PM)
Rob Mackowiak would be a nice pick-up for the Sox.  He can play 3B, all outfield positions and a little 2b as well.  Probably can play 1B also.  A LH hitter with some pop and decent speed, good baserunning skill.

And a Chicago guy to boot, he's not a FA though right?

Mackowiak doesn't play the Cubs every day, folks, so his numbers aren't anywhere as good as Mueller's. (And even if he did, he wouldn't here in the AL, so it'd be moot). In fact, I seem to recall Daddy Mack's numbers being similar to Crede's at one point last year when we were talking about trading for him.

QUOTE(KWs OK for Me @ Dec 2, 2005 -> 09:51 PM)
And a Chicago guy to boot, he's not a FA though right?

Mackowiak's not a free agent, but it was rumored the Sox were after him at the trade deadline last season, just before they acquired Blum.

Maybe the Sox can trade for him at the winter meetings next week. I don't know what the Pirates needs are, but KW will probably inquire about Mackowiak, I suspect.

QUOTE(Antonio Osuna @ Dec 2, 2005 -> 06:56 PM)
I tip my hat to those who stood up for the truth and corrected me. I do, however, put forward an argument that a switch-hitting .295 guy with only slightly inferior defense to Crede is going to be much more valuable to us than Crede and his streakyness.

Somehow, I just have this feeling that next year will be the year that Crede's streakiness turns into a nearly .300 average and a 25+ home run campaign. Especially after he finally found a stroke that worked for him from September on.

QUOTE(Antonio Osuna @ Dec 2, 2005 -> 09:58 PM)
Mackowiak doesn't play the Cubs every day, folks, so his numbers aren't anywhere as good as Mueller's. (And even if he did, he wouldn't here in the AL, so it'd be moot). In fact, I seem to recall Daddy Mack's numbers being similar to Crede's at one point last year when we were talking about trading for him.

He ended up batting in the .270's I believe. He'd be a good guy to have as a backup to Crede as well as a fourth or fifth outfielder.

Since he can play so many positions, it may even allow the Sox to keep a spot open for Frank, if Frank wants to be a bench player, that is.

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sp...-home-headlines

The Twins also are interested in switch-hitting third baseman Bill Mueller, whom the Sox are trying to convince to sign as a utility player despite the presence of Joe Crede (who is coping with two herniated discs in his lower back).

Also, the Cardinals have offered Mueller a contract and want him to play second base for them.

Edited by SSH2005

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Dec 2, 2005 -> 10:48 PM)
Somehow, I just have this feeling that next year will be the year that Crede's streakiness turns into a nearly .300 average and a 25+ home run campaign.  Especially after he finally found a stroke that worked for him from September on.

And then he will be gone with Boras as his agent.

AGAIN...who cares who his agent is? if crede wants to stay in chicago, he will. just like kong turned down an extra 5 mil to stay in chicago. what's boras going to do, put a gun to KW's head?

someone please tell me why boras is different from any other agent in the bigs.

QUOTE(timotime @ Dec 3, 2005 -> 10:12 AM)
AGAIN...who cares who his agent is? if crede wants to stay in chicago, he will. just like kong turned down an extra 5 mil to stay in chicago. what's boras going to do, put a gun to KW's head?

someone please tell me why boras is different from any other agent in the bigs.

He gets everyone of his clients HUGE money...maybe...

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Dec 3, 2005 -> 04:48 AM)
Somehow, I just have this feeling that next year will be the year that Crede's streakiness turns into a nearly .300 average and a 25+ home run campaign.  Especially after he finally found a stroke that worked for him from September on.

I hope your gut is right, but remember that Crede has had more than one good September followed by a mediocre season.

He gets everyone of his clients HUGE money...maybe...

so hes the most hated man on soxtalk because he gets good $ for his clients. sounds like some people on here are unappreciative of someone being good at their job. i could hate dell for selling the most computers, but i dont, because its business, and they're damn good at it, otherwise they wouldnt be #1 in the industry. its exactly the same thing.

QUOTE(timotime @ Dec 3, 2005 -> 10:37 AM)
so hes the most hated man on soxtalk because he gets good $ for his clients. sounds like some people on here are unappreciative of someone being good at their job. i could hate dell for selling the most computers, but i dont, because its business, and they're damn good at it, otherwise they wouldnt be #1 in the industry. its exactly the same thing.

Um let's see here. Boras gets crazy deals for his players...KW hates dealing with Boras...do you follow?

This isn't a debate over whether or not Boras does his job but whether or not the Sox are going to be willing to pay Crede more than he's worth.

Edited by WHarris1

Um let's see here.  Boras gets crazy deals for his players...KW hates dealing with Boras...do you follow?

This isn't a debate over whether or not Boras does his job but whether or not the Sox are going to be willing to pay Crede more than he's worth.

you are like the kid in high school who hates the assistant principle, the one that is the disciplinarian. if that guy is gone, another will fill his shoes and do the same thing. welcome to reality. its the same thing with boras- if all his clients were to fire him, there would be some other aggressive agent who would pick all those clients up.

so no, i dont follow, because thats the way business works in a capitalist society, regardless of what industry you are in.

(i did not see your edit until i posted this)

Edited by timotime

QUOTE(timotime @ Dec 3, 2005 -> 10:42 AM)
you are like the kid in high school who hates the assistant principle, the one that is the disciplinarian. if that guy is gone, another will fill his shoes and do the same thing. welcome to reality. its the same thing with boras- if all his clients were to fire him, there would be some other aggressive agent who would pick all those clients up.

so no, i dont follow, because thats the way business works in a capitalist society, regardless of what industry you are in.

(i did not see your edit until i posted this)

The White Sox won't deal with Boras, so yes the Boras factor is huge no matter what the player is or what he's worth.