Boston offers Ramirez

GreatScott82

QUOTE(timotime @ Dec 1, 2005 -> 07:25 PM)
manny is the worst outfeilder in the game besides bonds. i wouldnt want him on the sox under any circumstances (exception: if we traded places with KC i probably would)

If you aren't talking about fielding, then you must be talking about someone else.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Dec 1, 2005 -> 07:08 PM)
well they wouldnt need a decent 1B w/ that lineup broussard or whoevr they have would be fine.  Im not 2 sure about them resigning Millwood but I heard Hoffman for 2 years 8 million total.

Their payroll is really small if they bring in Manny it could get the fans excited again and they have some prospects that they can give for the Red Sox to eat part of it at least.

Even w/out Millwood they got Sabathia, Westbrook, and Cliff Lee and w/ a lineup like that it could be all they need.  Hell they prob could bring back elarton for a pretty cheap price and than gave Davis another shot at the 5th spot.  Elarton didnt have a good era but he is pretty decent and could put up a solid 4.5 era

Than keep in mind they still have Riske and Betancourt in the bullpen to be setup guys.  and Matt Miller is pretty decent also.

They said Elarton is already getting other offers and that they might lose him. No matter how good Sabathia, Westbrook, and Lee are, they're still gonna need more than three starters. It's pretty necessary, and I don't know who they'll get.

If Elarton leaves, and Millwood is almost certain to leave, then they'll need two more starters. The Angels reportedly upped their offer to Byrd, so who else is there?

QUOTE(timotime @ Dec 1, 2005 -> 07:32 PM)
either you are correcting my spelling or i dont know what the hell you mean

QUOTE(timotime @ Dec 1, 2005 -> 07:25 PM)
manny is the worst outfeilder in the game besides bonds. i wouldnt want him on the sox under any circumstances (exception: if we traded places with KC i probably would)

If you are talking about their skill as an overall baseball player, then you are far from being right. If you are talking about their fielding, you are close to being right, although I think there are likely some worse ones (Carl Everett comes to mind). If you are talking about their personalities, then yes, both Bonds and Manny are among the league's biggest jackasses in the outfield.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Dec 1, 2005 -> 07:37 PM)
One name I have heard NOTHING about this off-season that I cant understand why is Jarred Washburn. He is a FA coorect? He is a LHP that had a 3.20 ERA is 170 innings, and I have not heard a single rumor about the guy..........

He is a free agent, yes. And it really is weird that we didn't hear anything about him. Before the year ended, I pictured him on a team like the Tigers for some reason.

I thought there might have been some health issues with him, too, but I'm not sure.

QUOTE(Felix @ Dec 1, 2005 -> 08:37 PM)
If you are talking about their skill as an overall baseball player, then you are far from being right.  If you are talking about their fielding, you are close to being right, although I think there are likely some worse ones (Carl Everett comes to mind).  If you are talking about their personalities, then yes, both Bonds and Manny are among the league's biggest jackasses in the outfield.

I do believe Bonds has some Gold-Gloves and he surely is NOT a liability in the field, even at his age.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Dec 1, 2005 -> 07:40 PM)
I do believe Bonds has some Gold-Gloves and he surely is NOT a liability in the field, even at his age.

Yea, I thought that too, but given his age and knee's, I dont think he would still be considered capable in the outfield anymore.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Dec 1, 2005 -> 07:40 PM)
I would take Washburn on my team as a 4-5 starter ANY day of the week, and you know there are teams out there desperate for pitching. I just dont get it. I must be missing something....

I think that's where the Boras aspect will come into play. Since this FA pool is so shallow, he might just wait until all of the other pitchers have signed. Then, someone that needs a starter will have to give Washburn much more than he's worth.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Dec 1, 2005 -> 06:40 PM)
I would take Washburn on my team as a 4-5 starter ANY day of the week, and you know there are teams out there desperate for pitching. I just dont get it. I must be missing something....

The Boras crap for a solid pitcher probably scares the daylights out of teams. He's a very solid starter but not an ace and we all know Boras is going to want ace like money for him.

If you are talking about their skill as an overall baseball player, then you are far from being right.  If you are talking about their fielding, you are close to being right, although I think there are likely some worse ones (Carl Everett comes to mind).  If you are talking about their personalities, then yes, both Bonds and Manny are among the league's biggest jackasses in the outfield.

It's pretty obvious that he's talking about Manny's defense in the outfield.

Edited by SSH2005

I think that's where the Boras aspect will come into play.  Since this FA pool is so shallow, he might just wait until all of the other pitchers have signed.  Then, someone that needs a starter will have to give Washburn much more than he's worth.

who cares who his agent is? what is boras going to do, put a gun to the angel's GM's head? why is there such a hatred for an agent? so boras gets a few more mil out of a team for each contract- thats why he's a popular agent. if anything, you should tip your hat to him, he must be a decent agent to have so many high profile clients. what did he do, rape your sister or something?

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ Dec 2, 2005 -> 02:08 AM)
Damon is a better outfielder with his feet than Pods because of his jumps but neither scare you if you are tagging from third

Well Manny is a bad fielder but his arm isnt that bad actually....

and as for Washburn im pretty sure there have been a lot of rumors of him going to the Brewers.

QUOTE(Antonio Osuna @ Dec 1, 2005 -> 07:34 PM)
That'd be something. Anyone hitting a ball to left-center would wet themselves with joy.

They'd more than make up for it with the runs they produce. Plus Manny has a pretty good arm in LF. I don't think it would be that bad at all. We would average at least 5 rounds a game, plus we still have our super strong pitching from last year.