Crede and Garland to Texas?

GasHeGone

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From Buster Olneys chat

I think there's an absolutely perfect framework for a deal with Texas -- the White Sox could get Blalock, and the Rangers could get Garland, and both teams would address needs. Then the White Sox could turn around and swap Crede to the Pirates...

Can we get Zake Duke or Perez then? Crede to the Pirates.. WHo the hell would we get back?

I'm guessing Buster Olney doesn't realize who Crede's agent is. I can't see the Pirates taking that headache on, but they have had Boras clients before. Who knows.

Piratees have a lot of lefthanders and they need a 3B badly.

QUOTE(JimH @ Dec 16, 2005 -> 11:54 AM)
I'm guessing Buster Olney doesn't realize who Crede's agent is.  I can't see the Pirates taking that headache on, but they have had Boras clients before.  Who knows. 

Piratees have a lot of lefthanders and they need a 3B badly.

Do we have any info on when the physicals will be completed from the D-Backs trade? I doubt anything happens until the book is closed on that deal.

"The Chicago White Sox, having acquired Javier Vazquez, have extra pitching to trade and the Rangers have already placed the call, knowing they have extra outfielders.

The White Sox are willing to talk about Jon Garland, who can become a free agent after next season, but right now they want too much in return."

I like the last line... at least Kenny knows he's in a position of power to make whatever demands he sees fit. While I want a trade to happen asap as always, he's got most of the offseason to consummate something and get top dollar.

Just for the record, I do NOT want Wilkerson. I was merely pointing out the fact that there was that extra player included in some of the speculated trade talk... then suddenly he just vanished and it became Blalock + prospect.

How about Garland/Crede for Blalock/Benoit/Danks (or your pitcher of choice)?

I think the best possible situation (besides Tejada), would be Garland for Blalock and one of Danks/Diamond (less than Beckett's final asking price of BOTH) and Crede for Torres and possibly another RP. We'd fill all of our needs that way. 3B, relief pitching, and a semi-insurance policy for an injured starter, albeit not a great one.

QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ Dec 16, 2005 -> 12:24 PM)
1. POds

2. Uribe

3. Blalock

4. Paulie

5. Thome

6. Dye

7. Guchi

8.AJ

9 Anderson

Damn.. I likey!

Don't you prefer?

1. Pods

2. Iguchi

3. Tejada

4. Konerko

5. Thome

6. Dye

7. AJ

8. Crede

9. Anderson

I am drooling...

QUOTE(Frank the Tank 35 @ Dec 16, 2005 -> 12:19 PM)
I think the best possible situation (besides Tejada), would be Garland for Blalock and one of Danks/Diamond (less than Beckett's final asking price of BOTH) and Crede for Torres and possibly another RP.  We'd fill all of our needs that way.  3B, relief pitching, and a semi-insurance policy for an injured starter, albeit not a great one.

That would be spectacular.