The Evil Kenny Williams

TLAK

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Dec 14, 2005 -> 09:42 PM)
yes, Felix, we understand you have a hard-on for rowand.  you've stated it a million times.

root for philly already.  i thought you were a white sox fan, not an aaron rowand fan... guess i was wrong.

Er.. I don't think you've read anything I've posted. I think that the Rowand trade was fine, and I was fine with trading Rowand for Thome. The only reason I had any problem at all with that trade was because we gave up two top lefty prospects, but I was still fine with the trade, despite overpaying.

And I think that what TLAK is trying to say is that he knows that Kenny is trying to make this team better, but its still a sensitive thing ripping apart the team that brought a championship to this city for the first time since 1917. In this sense, I agree with it. Its a pretty dick thing to start trading away a fifth of the team after they won a championship. It might be a smart thing to do for the team in 2006, which it is in this case (with the exception of Vazquez unless Garland is traded IMO), but its still quite hard to see these players leave.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(TLAK @ Dec 14, 2005 -> 08:28 PM)
He has trash canned the best hitter I ever saw in Frank Thomas and traded the man threw the best single ½ inning a baseball I have ever seen in my life, in Orlando Hernandez.  He disposed of the epitome of the World Championship team in Aaron Rowand, a guy we watched grow and regress in Marte and a guy who took one for the team in April that haunted his entire season in Vizcaino.  He discarded Carl Everett who carried the offense at times.  He dismissed the man who hit a game winner in the first World Series the team went to in 46 years.

He is bringing in some big names to replace them but I miss my guys.  I waited all my 53 years for a championship and now 6 of the 25 heroes from the playoff roster plus Frank – a quarter of them – are gone and we haven’t even gotten to spring training yet.

The magic of 2005, of our guys, a team that nobody else respected but knew in its heart it could do it, a team that got great plays from the most unlikely sources is gone. The warmth I felt for the team going against all probabilities is being replaced fantasy baseball-like expected run production ratios.  When Williams starts his BS about the Sox being a family all the players need to do is look how Frank, Aaron, Orlando, Damaso, Luis, Geoff and Carl were all s*** canned within 2 months of winning the ring for them -great family.

When is Kenny going to stop killing the best thing that ever happened to the White Sox for a half century?

TLAK,

Who the hell put together the World Championship Team for our beloved White Sox? Who the hell endured all criticism when every expert from the beginning of the year trounced him for making ridiculous trades (Carlos Lee for Pods and Vizcaino, etc.), and who got the last laugh?

Your opinion TRULY makes me laugh at your absurdity!

QUOTE(TLAK @ Dec 14, 2005 -> 08:41 PM)
Intellectually I know you guys have a good case.  But after years and years and years of failure this group of guys put it all together - so KW responds by tearing them apart.

TEARING WHAT APART?

GEOFF BLUM? YOU LOVE GEOFF BLUM? ROB MACOWIAK IS ALOT BETTER

DAMASO MARTE? HE LEFT THE TEAM!

LUIS VIZCAINO? THE ONE NAMED JIZCAN FOR THE MAJORITY OF THE YEAR?

EL DUQUE? THE ONE WHO SPENT 2 DIFFERENT STINTS ON THE DL THIS YEAR?

FRANK? OK... FINE.... BUT AT THIS POINT.... JIM THOME IS LH AND CAN PLAY SOME 1ST... FRANK CANT DO EITHER.

AARON? YES... YES YES FINE... WE ALL LOVED AARON... BUT A HEALTHY THOME AND BRIAN ANDERSON IS OF MORE VALUABLE.

if you honestly are angry at kenny williams... your an idiot... this is the dumbest thread in the history of the board.

He has trash canned the best hitter I ever saw in Frank Thomas and traded the man threw the best single ½ inning a baseball I have ever seen in my life, in Orlando Hernandez.  He disposed of the epitome of the World Championship team in Aaron Rowand, a guy we watched grow and regress in Marte and a guy who took one for the team in April that haunted his entire season in Vizcaino.  He discarded Carl Everett who carried the offense at times.  He dismissed the man who hit a game winner in the first World Series the team went to in 46 years.

He is bringing in some big names to replace them but I miss my guys.  I waited all my 53 years for a championship and now 6 of the 25 heroes from the playoff roster plus Frank – a quarter of them – are gone and we haven’t even gotten to spring training yet.

The magic of 2005, of our guys, a team that nobody else respected but knew in its heart it could do it, a team that got great plays from the most unlikely sources is gone. The warmth I felt for the team going against all probabilities is being replaced fantasy baseball-like expected run production ratios.  When Williams starts his BS about the Sox being a family all the players need to do is look how Frank, Aaron, Orlando, Damaso, Luis, Geoff and Carl were all s*** canned within 2 months of winning the ring for them -great family.

When is Kenny going to stop killing the best thing that ever happened to the White Sox for a half century?

Fixed the color for you.

Carl is the same guy who was removed from hitting third and we put Dye in to hit third because we were desperate.

Luis was a gas can.

Geoff had a great homer in one game and played solid defense. Outside of that one game he couldnt hit.

Damaso walked the bases loaded nearly blowing the game in Boston, he quit on the team during the end of the pennant race and lied about his injury.

El Duque is 40, was injuried a few times, had a magical inning in the playoffs. Before his magical inning just about everyone was livid that Bmac was not on the playoff roster.

Rowand is nice and all, but we have lots of OFs lets deal from a position of strength.

Frank may or may not be healthy and is not the left handed power hitter we were looking for.

But besides that you hit it on the spot.

Edited by southsideirish71

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Dec 14, 2005 -> 08:48 PM)
Sure they all contributed but outside of Aaron none of them were important to this team at all.  We've got rid of our 3 worst pitchers and have added a guy with a number 1's arm, one of the better lh hitters in baseball and one of best utility guys in the game.  Right now this team is much better then lasts on paper.

In 2006

Thome V Carl/Frank should be an improvement unless Frank stays healthy. Frank is musch less likely to stay healthy than Thome is but then again he had Everett to back him up.

Anderson V Rowand is probably a downgrade.

El Duke V Vasquel is probably a wash unless Javier recovers his form from two years ago, he has had some great games he throws a lot of stinkers too.

Makowiak v Harris/Blum should be an improvement.

Vizcaino V who? Bajanero?

Marte V who ? Munoz?

2005 was magical. I will always love that team. I'll be telling my kids about them. But in my opinion it would be unlikely for the Sox to repeat or continue to be a championship caliber team with the same exact guys. Others may diagree with me and maybe they are right.

The way I see it, KW is capitalizing on an exceptional season to aquire some exceptional talent. As long as he doesn't mess up the chemistry of the team, more talent should increase the odds of another World Series Victory.

QUOTE(TLAK @ Dec 14, 2005 -> 11:02 PM)
In 2006

Thome V Carl/Frank should be an improvement unless Frank stays healthy.  Frank is musch less likely to stay healthy than Thome is but then again he had Everett to back him up.

Anderson V Rowand is probably a downgrade.

El Duke V Vasquel is probably a wash unless Javier recovers his form from two years ago, he has had some great games he throws a lot of stinkers too.

Makowiak v Harris/Blum should be an improvement.

Vizcaino V who? Bajanero? 

Marte V who ? Munoz?

I laughed at all of those. Put the bottle down TLAK.

Edited by SoxFan1

TLAK,

I am about a decade behind you. I understand about waiting a long time for the championship and holding a special place in your memory for these players.

But that is why they have DVD's, that's how you keep the memories alive. It is a different era now. There is no room for sentiment any more, unfortunately. That innocence is largely gone.

Celebrate the fact that your team is opening the vault and trying to get better, for years they didn't do that ... and you remember those years just like I do.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Dec 14, 2005 -> 11:10 PM)
Says the perfect poster.  Come up with some original material.  :rolly

Ya, I know. I probably make more mistakes then him and he's drunk. :P

But really, Bajanero? It sounds like a Mexican hot sauce.

Edited by SoxFan1

Seriously though...ask the 2003 Angels what it's like not trying to improve a team after winning the world series and not making ONE move in the off-season.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Dec 14, 2005 -> 10:14 PM)
:wub: ph_150367.jpg :wub:

This post has been edited by kalapse: Today, 10:15 PM

:huh

This post has been edited by kalapse: Today, 10:15 PM

:headbang

This post has been edited by greasywheels121: Today, 10:22 PM

One more point and I'll shut up.

Javier Vazquez was 11-15 with a 4.52 ERA in the NL.

Orlando Hernandez was 9-9 with a 5.12 ERA in the AL.

Qualitatively that’s probably a slight edge for El Duke. I can't argue when you thow in the innings diference (216 V 128) but on any given day, I don't see much better chance of winning with Vazquez than with El Duke. Vazquez has the big name and big reputation but the couple times I saw him on TV last year he got lit up.

Now I will drink my milk, take my pill and go to sleep. :P

QUOTE(TLAK @ Dec 14, 2005 -> 07:28 PM)

TLAK i completely agree with your sentiment! I think that you hit every point straight on! When you win the WS and you do it by winning 11 out of 12 you simply keep the same team in tact. They come back with more attitude than before. If at the allstar break you should need to tweak the team, then I am all for it. I said it immediately after they rooted out Arow that KW is in unchartered territory of knowing "when to hold em". I can understand trying to build a winner but when you have already built the winner why mess? For those of you who disrespected TLAK a WHITESOX fan of 53 years.....SHAME ON YOU unless you are pissed that he says EVIL KW...as that he is not! He is certainly entitled to voice his opinion here! & I for one completely agree with him except for the EVIL part.

Edited by whitesoxmanager