The Evil Kenny Williams

TLAK

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Dec 15, 2005 -> 03:19 PM)
So, which aspect would you like to compare first?

Or would you like to compare just overall team aspects?

If I were you, I would stick to break out the parts of the team, because comparing the teams, I think going with the world champs would be a no-brainer.  I DO believe our players and manager and GM have rings.

Fine

Starting Pitching

White Sox > Blue Jays

Bullpen

Blue Jays > White Sox

Hitting

Blue Jays > White Sox

Fielding

Blue Jays > White Sox(sox are hot at the corners, but Blue Jays are hot up the middle which saves you more runs)

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Dec 15, 2005 -> 03:47 PM)
Fine

Starting Pitching

White Sox > Blue Jays

Bullpen

Blue Jays > White Sox

Hitting

Blue Jays > White Sox

Fielding

Blue Jays > White Sox(sox are hot at the corners, but Blue Jays are hot up the middle which saves you more runs)

hahahahahahaaha!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, let me get this straight. The Bullpen of the sox, which was 2nd in the MLB in saves, and who were one of the best in baseball all year, now is not as good as Toronto's who ranked 28th in saves. Or we could go stat by stat whereas the sox had a better ERA, wins, losses, WHIP, K/BB, K/9, BAA, and OPS.

Now defensively the teams had the same FPCT, the sox had less errors, more dp's and more put outs. But the jays are better, right

Of course on offense you are ignoring the 65 more hr's we hit and the 20 point SLG advantage as well.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Dec 15, 2005 -> 04:02 PM)
hahahahahahaaha!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, let me get this straight.  The Bullpen of the sox, which was 2nd in the MLB in saves, and who were one of the best in baseball all year, now is not as good as Toronto's who ranked 28th in saves.  Or we could go stat by stat  whereas the sox had a better ERA, wins, losses, WHIP, K/BB, K/9, BAA, and OPS.

Now defensively the teams had the same FPCT, the sox had less errors, more dp's  and more put outs.  But the jays are better, right

Of course on offense you are ignoring the 65 more hr's we hit and the 20 point SLG advantage as well.

Obviously, you didn't read correctly when I said this year's Toronto team vs the same White Sox team from last year carried over. Man you're a dumbass.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Dec 15, 2005 -> 03:47 PM)
Fine

Starting Pitching

White Sox > Blue Jays

Bullpen

Blue Jays > White Sox

Hitting

Blue Jays > White Sox

Fielding

Is this from a few years ago? I'm confused.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Dec 15, 2005 -> 04:04 PM)
Obviously, you didn't read correctly when I said this year's Toronto team vs the same White Sox team from last year carried over. Man you're a dumbass.

So you mean on paper going into the season for 05 Sox and 06 Jays?

Edited by jphat007

QUOTE(rowand44 @ Dec 15, 2005 -> 08:23 PM)
No offense nite but there is no way the Blue Jays are better then last years sox team.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Dec 15, 2005 -> 08:23 PM)
I didn't say that. I said, they'd be better than this year's White Sox team with no moves.

This year's White Sox team with no moves would be the same as last year's team. :lol:

God damn, if you don't become a brain surgeon, you will have missed your true calling.

QUOTE(hammerhead johnson @ Dec 15, 2005 -> 04:19 PM)
This year's White Sox team with no moves would be the same as last year's team.  :lol:

God damn, if you don't become a brain surgeon, you will have missed your true calling.

It's still '05 and it's obvious he's referring to the team that just won the WS. I really don't think there's a need to be ignorant about his opinion.. no matter how silly it sounds.

QUOTE(hammerhead johnson @ Dec 15, 2005 -> 04:28 PM)
That would be last year's team.  The 2005 season is over and done with, and therefore, it's last year's team.  Right?

Hmm... is this thing on... tap, tap... :huh:

I'll elaborate a bit more.

It's still '05 and it's obvious (apparently, possibly, maybe only to me... ) that he's talking about this years team which, IMO... would be the one that played in '05 and just won the series.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Dec 15, 2005 -> 04:04 PM)

Oh im sorry, I forgot the part where I SIM'd the season with their new players, if you think that the addition of those players would make them better than the World Champs, please prove it, because I did it as well as could be done, considering they havent played the season yet. It was nice of you to call me a dumbass and all, but im not the one trying to prove that an AVG team is better than a team that won the World Series, going 11-1 in the playoffs and tearing through the regular season.

I should buy you a shovel to help you dig the "i know nothing about baseball, but im trying to argue anyway" hole that you have made for yourself today. Between this ignorant argument, your suspicious man-love of Crede, and your lack of knowledge about the game of baseball, I think you have solidified the worst poster of the year award on this board. I award you no points, and may god have mercy on your soul.

QUOTE(Steff @ Dec 15, 2005 -> 04:31 PM)
Hmm... is this thing on... tap, tap... :huh:

I'll elaborate a bit more.

It's still '05 and it's obvious (apparently, possibly, maybe only to me... ) that he's talking about this years team which, IMO... would be the one that played in '05 and just won the series.

Yes, but apparently the best team in the MLB THIS year, cant touch the Blue Jays of NEXT year.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Dec 15, 2005 -> 05:31 PM)
I should buy you a shovel to help you dig the "i know nothing about baseball, but im trying to argue anyway" hole that you have made for yourself today.  Between this ignorant argument, your suspicious man-love of Crede, and your lack of knowledge about the game of baseball, I think you have solidified the worst poster of the year award on this board.  I award you no points, and may god have mercy on your soul.

F'ing hilarious man...just hilarious

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Dec 15, 2005 -> 10:35 PM)
Its a strange, strange world, beyond reality.

The way you write it seems to lead one to believe that you think you are the only one that knows about the game of baseball. You have told more than one person now that they don't know the game of baseball because you do not like their opinion. To think that you know more than anyone here is a pretty IGNORANT thing to believe. And how you get this belief about someone from a couple of posts a person makes on a message board about an opinion he/she has is beyond me.

QUOTE(Steff @ Dec 15, 2005 -> 02:17 PM)
He called your statement dumb... Jim's never far off the mark.

another cheap shot....

Look you guys can come out and say whatever about me...i'm pretty tough. it just hurts when i see you guys take it out on the other sox fans that is illnatured. and at best there is really no need for it at all. i think that TLAK was inappropriate with the EVIL remark and that should be reconsidered. thats all. no need for the verbal slams anymore for gosh sakes. no matter what we wont all agree on anything perhaps other than we are CHICAGO WHITESOX FANS. and happy ones at that.

QUOTE(whitesoxmanager @ Dec 15, 2005 -> 04:43 PM)
another cheap shot....

Look you guys can come out and say whatever about me...i'm pretty tough.  it just hurts when i see you guys take it out on the other sox fans that is illnatured.  and at best there is really no need for it at all.  i think that TLAK was inappropriate with the EVIL remark and that should be reconsidered.  thats all.  no need for the verbal slams anymore for gosh sakes.  no matter what we wont all agree on anything perhaps other than we are CHICAGO WHITESOX FANS.  and happy ones at that.

You need to lift some heavier weights kiddo..

QUOTE(whitesoxmanager @ Dec 15, 2005 -> 10:43 PM)
another cheap shot....

Look you guys can come out and say whatever about me...i'm pretty tough.  it just hurts when i see you guys take it out on the other sox fans that is illnatured.  and at best there is really no need for it at all.  i think that TLAK was inappropriate with the EVIL remark and that should be reconsidered.  thats all.  no need for the verbal slams anymore for gosh sakes.  no matter what we wont all agree on anything perhaps other than we are CHICAGO WHITESOX FANS.  and happy ones at that.

On a side note, when did verbal start to include the written word? I understand that it is accepted to be used that way, but I just remember it being used to mean the spoken word. Ah, whatever, just wondering. Off on my own little tangent.

QUOTE(southsideirish @ Dec 15, 2005 -> 04:42 PM)
The way you write it seems to lead one to believe that you think you are the only one that knows about the game of baseball. You have told more than one person now that they don't know the game of baseball because you do not like their opinion. To think that you know more than anyone here is a pretty IGNORANT thing to believe. And how you get this belief about someone from a couple of posts a person makes on a message board about an opinion he/she has is beyond me.

Read the thread first before you want to make a general statement about me.

You know, someone should have put odds on this: if the Sox win the World Series in 2005, what are the odds a thread will be made in the offseason ( in earnest) calling him Evil?

I would have put it at about 1/500. I should have made that bet.

Seriously though, this thread helped me waste an hour of work today. Thanks guys.

QUOTE(chitownsportsfan @ Dec 15, 2005 -> 05:15 PM)
You know, someone should have put odds on this: if the Sox win the World Series in 2005, what are the odds a thread will be made in the offseason ( in earnest) calling him Evil?

I would have put it at about 1/500.  I should have made that bet. 

Seriously though, this thread helped me waste an hour of work today.  Thanks guys.

With some of the people on this board, I would have put that bet at even money. We can win the next ten WS and people will still find something to they don't like about the team.