The Evil Kenny Williams

TLAK

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Dec 14, 2005 -> 09:08 PM)
I only have one thing to say about this thread.  The man who started it is completely insane, as is anybody who agrees with him.  Kenny is making this team A LOT better.  Kenny KNOW a lot of luck, fate, and overcoming shortcomings is how we won last year....so he's making us better instead of resting on his laurels.

And if you are dumb enough to not get that, go root for the Cubs.  They will continue to be afraid to be daring, and therefore continue to lose.

Have a nice day! :)

you are assuming that KW has made this team A LOT better.

PITCHING PITCHING PITCHING + STRONG UP THE MIDDLE + TIMELY HITS i would say were bigger contributions to the WS run of 11 out of 12 than what you claim....of luck, fate, & overcoming shortcomings?

i think that the only way OUR team really tails off is if OUR core pitching staff gets hit with injury, self complacency, greed or is traded away.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this the whining and pouting thread?

Cool, I'm down.

I want my Chris Young back! And my Gio, too! :crying

And my guess is that for the first time, a prospect that KW traded this offseason will be very good -- be it Haigwood, Gio, or Young.

Gosh, does it hurt losing Young...

Edited by CWSGuy406

QUOTE(whitesoxmanager @ Dec 14, 2005 -> 10:17 PM)

PITCHING PITCHING PITCHING + STRONG UP THE MIDDLE + TIMELY HITS i would say were bigger contributions to the WS run of 11 out of 12 than what you claim....of luck, fate, & overcoming shortcomings?

i think that the only way OUR team really tails off is if OUR core pitching staff gets hit with injury, self complacency, greed or is traded away.

Yeah. The departure of mental midget Marte, Jizzcan (with B Mac in his spot?? hell yeah), and the replacement of Duque with Vasquez makes our pitching better. We are the same up the middle except for Anderson, who will be better than Rowand. And I'm sure Jim freaking Thome will come up with juuust a few big hits.

I think we are significantly better right now than we were last year. As great as we were last season, I think we can win it all in 2006, and not need all the breaks we got last year to do it.

And to say Kenny is evil for breaking up the team is simply uninformed and stupid.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Dec 14, 2005 -> 09:20 PM)

Cool, I'm down.

I want my Chris Young back!  And my Gio, too!  :crying

no this is not the whining and pouting thread.

believe it or not but the entire Chicago White Sox uppers have probably sat down collectively and discussed this EXACT issue in complete detail. the moves they have taken are indicative of the result of the discussions. some of us wish we had been in the room during those discussions thats all. that is the best part about being a fan. being emotional and scared of failure in lieu of winning. for the most part i am just happy to see the team be the best it can be. that is what drew me to being a sox fan from the get go. our guys are always the guys you want to hang with. tough studs that are pretty much clean cut and absolute competitive battlers that never say die.

QUOTE(whitesoxmanager @ Dec 14, 2005 -> 10:17 PM)

Shockingly I would rather have Jim Thome up there with men on than Carl Everett who at the end of the season looked like he was swinging a 90 ounce bat. Remember Carl who had such a bad slump that at the very end of the season they moved Dye into the 3 hole because they didnt have any production out of it for a month.

This is an offense that was medicore to bad for most of the year. It clicked very nicely in the playoffs. The stars aligned and the hitting matched the pitching. But I remember August through September when our pitching was good and our hitting blew. Do we really want to gamble with hoping that the stars align again and we squeak out all those 1 run games.

I would rather have it where our pitching is great and our offense rocks. I like it when Buerhle throws a 4 hit game where we win 5-1 instead of the 2-1 hope and pray game.

QUOTE(whitesoxmanager @ Dec 14, 2005 -> 10:26 PM)
no this is not the whining and pouting thread.

believe it or not but the entire Chicago White Sox uppers have probably sat down collectively and discussed this EXACT issue in complete detail.  the moves they have taken are indicative of the result of the discussions.  some of us wish we had been in the room during those discussions thats all.  that is the best part about being a fan.  being emotional and scared of failure in lieu of winning.  for the most part i am just happy to see the team be the best it can be.  that is what drew me to being a sox fan from the get go.  our guys are always the guys you want to hang with.  tough studs that are pretty much clean cut and absolute competitive battlers that never say die.

So you want

Timo Perez/Harris/Blum as our options off the bench and no macowiak

Everett is our DH instead of Thome

Konerko is an Angel because he has no protection.

Everett is moved to RF and our OF defense is slower.

Gload is the first baseman

Marte is still in the pen.

El Duque is pitching in the rotation. 2 or more DL spots for him

Garland and the Count are in the last year of their contract. So if we lose both, Felix Diaz and Arnie Munoz are in the rotation the following year.

Okay stop. I like the part where KW made changes, made the offense better, protected the core of the team which is the pitching for the next few years, and did this while getting rid of people that could be replaced.

Edited by southsideirish71

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Dec 15, 2005 -> 04:34 AM)
So you want

El Duque is pitching in the rotation.  2 or more DL spots for him

Garland and the Count are in the last year of their contract.  So if we lose both, Felix Diaz and Arnie Munoz are in the rotation the following year.

Okay stop. I like the part where KW made changes, made the offense better, protected the core of the team which is the pitching for the next few years, and did this while getting rid of people that could be replaced.

Owned.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Dec 14, 2005 -> 09:34 PM)
So you want

El Duque is pitching in the rotation.  2 or more DL spots for him

Garland and the Count are in the last year of their contract.  So if we lose both, Felix Diaz and Arnie Munoz are in the rotation the following year.

exactly what were the names of the players that won the world series and were in the historical DVD collectors set? those were the men that made you proud to be a WS champ fan. i remember each & every one of them contributing in a VERY BIG WAY along the 11 out of 12 rompage & stompage that included the former WS champs, Vladdy & his bad ass Angels, & then Clemens, Pettite & Oswald! The whole world watched OUR 2005 Chicago White Sox win the WS and they dont deserve to be compared to any other players for what they accomplished.

at this moment the only thing we know SSI71 is that the guys who won the WS last year are champions. THEM & ONLY THEM. this has been proven.

what we dont know is whether or not the offseason moves will prove to be a back2backer.

we are all going to be needing to ban together as fans next year and enjoy the run reminding the rest of the league who the HELL we are!

QUOTE(whitesoxmanager @ Dec 14, 2005 -> 10:45 PM)
exactly what were the names of the players that won the world series and were in the historical DVD collectors set?  those were the men that made you proud to be a WS champ fan.  i remember each & every one of them contributing in a VERY BIG WAY along the 11 out of 12 rompage & stompage that included the former WS champs, Vladdy & his bad ass Angels, & then Clemens, Pettite & Oswald!  The whole world watched OUR 2005 Chicago White Sox win the WS and they dont deserve to be compared to any other players for what they accomplished.

at this moment the only thing we know SSI71 is that the guys who won the WS last year are champions.  THEM & ONLY THEM.  this has been proven.

what we dont know is whether or not the offseason moves will prove to be a back2backer.

we are all going to be needing to ban together as fans next year and enjoy the run reminding the rest of the league who the HELL we are!

Thank god that they had the forsight to video tape the entire experience so you can play that over and over.

Now if next year we faced the exact same teams in the same order maybe the same exact team works.

Now instead of facing Clement we face Beckett, maybe even Clemens who might be healthy by then.

Now instead of facing Erwin Santana we face Colon who I am sure might be rehabilitated by next year.

Maybe we face the As who have made some strides in their offense from last year.

You cannot sit back and rest on your laurels. Its very sentimental to get attached to a player. I mean you buy the jersey of your favorite player and they trade him. How rude.

Get over it and move on. Or sit back and hit infinite replay on your DVD and drink yourself into a permanent 2005 slumber.

Edited by southsideirish71

This might be the first thread I've read entirely through since we won the World Series. The comedic quality of this thread cannot be replicated!

This is what happens when a team wins a World Series for the first time in 88 years. We don't know how to act...keep the team together, sob, whine, stomp your foot in angst. :crying You sound like a 3 year old who just was told they are not stopping at KB Toys. GMAFB

We have the most aggressive, proactive, gambling, low risk-high reward, forward thinking GM in the game and your whining about losing Marte, Blum, Rowand, and VIZCAINO. Ok let me take a step back and think about this again...nope still hilarious.

OK, Carry On...

I'm hoping for another 50-100 posts by the morning so I have more reading material at work tomorrow. :D

Enjoy the Championship, and look forward to next year, where by my modest calculations, we have a GREAT chance of finding ourselves in a similar position. Players come and go, but your rooting for the WHITE SOX. If you want to follow Blum back to the Padres, Jizzcan to the Dbacks and Rowand to the Phils be my guest...

look my only two points are really:

1. the team that just won the WS should be given the same chance to make the run the next year. if the team starts off gangbusters by the allstar break then great lets keep rolling, but if the team starts off poorly and we are subject to missing the playoffs, then that is the time to consider making moves. of course it might be too late and the costs too high, but that is the way i wouldve respected this group of guys. this is not the decision that the CWS management made. so be it.

2. how does one in life really know when he is making the wrong moves? for all it appears the moves have been done in faith of improvement. KW and the whitesox have yet to face this challenge. some of us dont like trading away proven WS winners for question marks. thats all.

I can see people not liking the trade because we lost Chris Young. Understandable.

I think (hope) everyone realizes that getting rid of El Duque (5.12 ERA, 1.46 WHIP) was a good thing. He is old, ineffective as a starter, and overpaid. He was solely a salary dump.

But I can't believe an extremely mediocre reliever like Luis Vizcaino will be missed. I know you guys watched him pitch last season. He gave up baserunners like it was no one's business (1.47 WHIP). He is easily replaceable.

I see this trade being Chris Young for Javier Vazquez + $5 million and a combined $6 million salary dump of two mediocre to bad pitchers. I hate losing Young but it still makes sense to me, especially when I think Garland will definately be a goner after 2006 if we keep him. :huh

Edited by SSH2005

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Dec 14, 2005 -> 10:20 PM)

Cool, I'm down.

I want my Chris Young back!  And my Gio, too!  :crying

And my guess is that for the first time, a prospect that KW traded this offseason will be very good -- be it Haigwood, Gio, or Young. 

Gosh, does it hurt losing Young...

Go punch a locker :bang

QUOTE(TLAK @ Dec 15, 2005 -> 02:28 AM)
He is bringing in some big names to replace them but I miss my guys.

Even though I like the moves that Kenny has made thus far, I can see where you're coming from. I have no idea why people are flipping out, though.

So what, the dude is sentimental. Don't let that stop you from responding with some classless nonsense.

If you want to win, you can't keep things the same just for the sake of keeping them the same. Players age, players reach free agency, players get injured, and so on- the only constant is change. And while we'll miss the players who left; we still want to root for a winner. I think Kenny has made sensible, forward-thinking moves that will strengthen the Sox for years to come.

QUOTE(hammerhead johnson @ Dec 14, 2005 -> 11:53 PM)
Even though I like the moves that Kenny has made thus far, I can see where you're coming from.  I have no idea why people are flipping out, though. 

So what, the dude is sentimental.  Don't let that stop you from responding with some classless nonsense.

It's more the fact that he's calling Kenny Williams evil for trying to improve the team, that's ridiculous. I think all of us are going to miss certain players that are now gone but I want to f***in win this thing again, last October was to damn fun, I want that again.

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE(TLAK @ Dec 14, 2005 -> 08:28 PM)
He has trash canned the best hitter I ever saw in Frank Thomas and traded the man threw the best single ½ inning a baseball I have ever seen in my life, in Orlando Hernandez.  He disposed of the epitome of the World Championship team in Aaron Rowand, a guy we watched grow and regress in Marte and a guy who took one for the team in April that haunted his entire season in Vizcaino.  He discarded Carl Everett who carried the offense at times.  He dismissed the man who hit a game winner in the first World Series the team went to in 46 years.

He is bringing in some big names to replace them but I miss my guys.  I waited all my 53 years for a championship and now 6 of the 25 heroes from the playoff roster plus Frank – a quarter of them – are gone and we haven’t even gotten to spring training yet.

The magic of 2005, of our guys, a team that nobody else respected but knew in its heart it could do it, a team that got great plays from the most unlikely sources is gone. The warmth I felt for the team going against all probabilities is being replaced fantasy baseball-like expected run production ratios.  When Williams starts his BS about the Sox being a family all the players need to do is look how Frank, Aaron, Orlando, Damaso, Luis, Geoff and Carl were all s*** canned within 2 months of winning the ring for them -great family.

When is Kenny going to stop killing the best thing that ever happened to the White Sox for a half century?

This post has been edited by the Soxtalk staff to remove objectionable material. Soxtalk encourages a free discussion between its members, but does not allow personal attacks, threats, graphic sexual material, nudity, or any other materials judged offensive by the Administrators and Moderators. Thank you.

Edited by YASNY

QUOTE(SnB @ Dec 15, 2005 -> 12:10 AM)
I don't know about you guys, but the GM that shaped the white sox team that won the world series can do basically whatever the hell he wants sans a fire sale and I'll walk around with a smile on my face.

According to this guy losing a broken down Thomas ( I love the guy to death but lets be realistic here ), an equally broken down Duque, a worthless Jizzcan and Marte, and a prospect is, in fact, holding a fire sale. I still havent stopped laughing at how insane that concept is especially when they were replaced by Thome, Vazquez & Macowiack.

Some people I tell ya.

:rolly