Garland For......

DBAHO

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Dec 15, 2005 -> 07:39 AM)
For all those who think the Sox could get Carl Crawford for Garland.............forget about it. No way. Why would TB trade a guy they have signed to a reasonable contract for a guy who certainly would walk away at the end of the season.

Very true. We would also have to throw in another top prospect like a Sean Tracey.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Dec 15, 2005 -> 08:04 AM)
I hope they don't trade Garland.  This is the best Starting Rotation I have seen since the Braves days.  Let's win another World Series and worry about Garland after 2006.

Teehehe.. snicker, snicker.. :lolhitting

I hope they don't trade Garland.  This is the best Starting Rotation I have seen since the Braves days.  Let's win another World Series and worry about Garland after 2006.

Why so we get nothing for him? Vazquez at 4 and BMac at 5 I take that anyday of the week. Trade him to the Dodgers For Edwin Jackson and Delwyn Young.

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Dec 15, 2005 -> 09:04 AM)

McCarthy is ready...and could end up being our best starter. I truly believe that. His last few games of last year were awesome. So he needs to play. We need to use him while we have him.

QUOTE(Steff @ Dec 15, 2005 -> 08:23 AM)
I know nothing.  :ph34r:

I was laughing at the thought of all the WS rings the Braves pitching staff has.  :lol:

so they were still in the mix every single year. In fact if they were healthy in 99 they would've won the World Series. Pitching wins. And if the Sox keep Garland they would have a dominant staff that would give you chance to win every day.

i dunno.  What did they offer him anyways?

Im sure it was quite less than the 5/55 that BUrnett got, I don't blame JOn for wanting the cash..BUt we can't just watch him leave and get nothing in return. Plus his comment a couple of years ago to the fans, leave.. Thanks for what you did in 05.

And to think I love Jon, and wish he could be a livetime Sox.. Every year I always said this is the year.. FInally in 05 I was right!

so they were still in the mix every single year.  In fact if they were healthy in 99 they would've won the World Series.  Pitching wins.  And if the Sox keep Garland they would have a dominant staff that would give you chance to win every day.

Josh, it's fine to think that way, but the economics will likely preclude them from keeping 6 starters, five of them very highly paid.

That's why they're talking about adding a rubber armed guy like Sean Tracey to the bullpen. He is cheap, from the system, and he could fill in as a starter and/or do mop up.

This is all about trading a player while his value is high. It's good management.

But, but, but...  :crying

Jim.. you're trying to rationalize with someone who wanted to shoot Kenny execution style for letting Frank go 2 weeks ago.

Ah well.

He's a good kid Steff, but he is a typical young fan ... gets attached to certain players, posts and then flip flops two weeks later etc. No biggie.

If they are resigned to trading Garland, pitching is at such a premium, KW should act like Chuck LaMar and ask for ridiculous amounts of major league ready players and prospects. He can always lower his demands a little bit, but he holds the cards. A talented pitcher who appears to have turned the corner, and you get exclusive negotiating rights with him until November. If all that is out there is a deal like they got for Ray Durham, KW would be much better off keeping Garland for 2006 and getting the draft picks.

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Dec 15, 2005 -> 09:26 AM)
Scrolling down would have found you the exact same thread, D. :P

f*** it: Lastings Milledge.

I want to see a package from that "wizard" Omar Minaya surrounding Lastings Milledge.  There.  Said it.

The Mets might be a possibility.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Dec 15, 2005 -> 09:30 AM)
The Mets might be a possibility.

Bingo. I was looking around baseball last night for quite some time and Omar Minaya seems like a VERY possible suitor. Finding himself in a Win-Now mode, Minaya might be willing to sacrifice a bit of the farm and some bullpen arms to land a pitcher the calibur of Jon Garland. Milledge would undoubtedly be considered the CF of the future, making Chris Young's departure rather insignificant.

I'd be very suprised if the Mets weren't a-calling.

So are you guys saying you wouldn't do Blalock, Wilkerson and Danks or Diamond for Garland and Crede?

I hate giving up Crede, but if Crede's back is going to be an issue, I'd make the move. I think Blalock has a heck of a lot of talent, but he has definately struggled as of late.

So are you guys saying you wouldn't do Blalock, Wilkerson and Danks or Diamond for Garland and Crede?

I hate giving up Crede, but if Crede's back is going to be an issue, I'd make the move.  I think Blalock has a heck of a lot of talent, but he has definately struggled as of late.

Where do I sign, let me sign off on that trade right now.

But that is an awful lot for Texas to give up, not sure why they'd do it, unless they knew they could sign Garland.

Isn't Diamond a Boras client?

I hate giving up Crede, but if Crede's back is going to be an issue, I'd make the move.  I think Blalock has a heck of a lot of talent, but he has definately struggled as of late.

My only problem with that deal.. We don't need OF, we need MI and SP talent, for the coming years, now if there was a way to get Blalock and 2b and SP from their minors.