whats up with the vazquez deal

hi8is

on the chisox.com website the past couple of days they had a poll up

"which starting pitcher will have the most wins for the sox in 2006"

vazquez WAS on that list... now they took him off

what gives

why hasnt the trade been announced yet? im getting nervious, im thinking duque puked his physical.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i read on the boards priviously that they were sposed to finalise and announce it tomarrow... but im just really nervious and doubtful that it is going to go through on the bases of duques shoulder.

any soxtalkers with the inside track?

QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ Dec 19, 2005 -> 09:46 PM)
Per WhiteSox.com

:gosox1:

what the f*** are you talking about

i nominate this guy for the soxtalk "village idiot" award

if you need any more evidance, just click on the "I was wrong KW" link in his sig.

Yea, I'm not sure El Duque didn't just fail his physical because the duct tape and Gorilla Glue being used to hold his arm together showed up on the MRI.

That would suck. I had just convinced myself that Vasquez' solid DIPS would make this trade worth it.

I don't want El Duque and his 19th century arm and his 4.5 million this year at all.

what the f*** are you talking about

i nominate this guy for the soxtalk "village idiot" award

if you need any more evidance, just click on the "I was wrong KW" link in his sig.

Thank you can have this award.. Someone needs to chill the f*** out..Again its decemeber most players are at home with family its the Holidays.. ITs okay take your meds and go back into la la land.

QUOTE(hi8is @ Dec 19, 2005 -> 03:52 PM)
i guess ill just have to chew on my fingernails until the announcement

i really doubt hernandez is passing this physical with a passing grade..... ill tryand dredg up some info about his latest DL stint/

Remember, there were certainly some phantom injuries this off-season in regards to El Duque going on the DL. :ph34r:

If they could cite, "old man needs to get his s*** straight," as the reason to put him on the shelf a few of those times, they would have.

Even if hernandez's arm is in pieces they will not care and the trade will still go through. This trade is for nothing more for the diamondbacks than a salary dump in for 2007 and chris young. Anything vizcaino and hernandez do positive will just be an added bonus.

There is no need to worry about this being finalized.

QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ Dec 19, 2005 -> 09:53 PM)
Thank you can have this award.. Someone needs to chill the f*** out..Again its decemeber most players are at home with family its the Holidays.. ITs okay take your meds and go back into la la land.

you guys gotta admit.....

he's good

:huh

Even if hernandez's arm is in pieces they will not care and the trade will still go through. This trade is for nothing more for the diamondbacks than a salary dump in for 2007 and chris young. Anything vizcaino and hernandez do positive will just be an added bonus.

There is no need to worry about this being finalized.

Thank you.. This is the point..

barbrady.jpg

Nothing to see here, move along.

QUOTE(hi8is @ Dec 19, 2005 -> 04:00 PM)
you guys gotta admit.....

he's good

:huh

Realistically they could care less what they get back as long as they get chris young. But they know if that is the case they will have to eat some of our bad salaries and take some of our bottom of the barrel players in return. They will only have to live with these two pitchers for the short term, while there is a chance of a long term impact by chris young who they will control for six years... and three of those will be very cheap.

QUOTE(hi8is @ Dec 19, 2005 -> 10:10 PM)
if that was the case, id imagine we could just trade young for vazquez straight up

then we could flip duque to someone else for prospects or something

i doubt you know the way a deal is structured.

I'd hope not. One of the biggest reasons the Sox are doing this is to unload Duque's contract. If this trade fell through, KW would be better off keeping our best offensive prospect in a long time, and using some of the money he would have spent on Vazquez elsewhere.

if that was the case, id imagine we could just trade young for vazquez straight up

Yeah, there is a high demand for higher 30 year old pitchers who are on the DL 1/2 the season.. :rolly

QUOTE(hi8is @ Dec 19, 2005 -> 04:10 PM)

I bet i do know. The sox want to spin off our s*** players that have no value whatsoever in a trade. No team wants a pitcher making what hernandez does when it is not even a guarauntee he will throw over 100-110-120... innings. Even if he does he is just not a very good pitcher. The only value that either hernandez or vizcaino ( mostly hernandez) have are in situations like this.

QUOTE(chitownsportsfan @ Dec 19, 2005 -> 04:12 PM)
"then we could flip duque to someone else for prospects or something"

Yea, that would be ideal.  I don't see anyone wanting him though--he can't pass a physical, and he's owed 4.5 million.  I mean, he's garbage.  Too bad we can't just cut him and save money like the NFL.

Because he has a guaranteed contract, he can't be cut and be done with it, and you are correct, if he flunks a physical the Sox will not be able to move him anywhere. This trade all depends on how much the D-Backs really want Young. Duque can fail a physical anyday of the week and no one would raise an eye. As long as the D-Backs didn't get cold feet with this deal, or didn't later get offered something they like better than Young, I expect them to complete the deal. If they try to use the condition of Duque's shoulder to get more out of KW, I would imagine he would tell them to go scratch.

Anthrax, you wonder why people don't like you--but do you see the difference in <i>tone<i/> between your and I's last pasts about the futility of h8is' trade idea? I managed to state a difference of opinion without coming off as an total jerk with sarcasm and rolling my eyes.

How is that a jerk.. I told the truth, sorry if I don't "pamper" my answers. Its a dumb trade thought, anyone with 1/2 the intelligence of a mouse could see Hernandez has no trade Value.

I'm sorry also, I was not the one started the personal insults in this thread..If he/she took it that way.. word of advise..it was a joke lighten up.

Good post Dick, thanks for that info. It confirmed my suspicions that the trade will have to be "ammended" if Duque fails his physical, and that that also precludes him from being traded anywhere else.

I think most likely that they like Young enough to just say fine. I hope they do, because if they ask KW for more, he will (rightly) balk.

If that happens then fine, we get our best prospect back and we work something out for when Garland leaves.