2006 Attendance Figures

SoxFanInDallas

I was looking at the 2005 Attendance Figures from ESPN. It said the White Sox average 28,923 (2.342,834) fans per game for their 81 home games.

What do you think the 2006 season will bear? 3,000,000 (37,073 avg.)? Lower? Higher?

The presale on season tix and the mini plans are at all time highs!

And on a side note, if they hit this attendance figure, ticket revenue alone should cover the extra $20MM in salary (figure they sold out the Scout Seats and pretty much the lower bowl at the higher prices) and then factor in that most of the upper deck will be filled in.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Judging by the offseason it doesnt look like the Sox are going to fall off anytime soon, and the fans come when the Sox win. I dont foresee anything but a snowball effect on attendance unless something bad happens. I think 3,000,000 is a attainable figure.

My calculation is that 22,000 a game for ticket plan folks, presale, walk ups etc. = 1.8M I do not think we will have a crowd below 22K.

Sell-outs for all May 19 - End of season Friday, Saturday and Sunday 18,000 per game 30 games = .540M

35K for weekday games against Angels (3), Stl (3) 13,000 per game over 22K for 6 games = .078M

Sell-outs Opening Day, 4th of July, Day before 4th of July, 3 Yankee games = 18K for these 6 games = .108 M

Poof our attendance will be 2,526,422 Average crowd 31,190

This is what I think is a realistic view.

If the Sox are in contention for the division again ( which I fully expect ) then I think 3 million is absolutely possible, and if for some reason the Sox are NOT contending, there will be a lot of announced attendances that don't match up with bodies in the seats.....kind of like how Hawks games are now - announced at 10,000 but only about 6,000 in the seats at the UC.

QUOTE(Jenks Heat @ Dec 30, 2005 -> 09:01 AM)

I'd say that's about accurate. What did we draw this year? 2.2 or 2.3 million? A slight increase is about what I'd expect.

QUOTE(Jenks Heat @ Dec 30, 2005 -> 10:01 AM)
My calculation is that 22,000 a game for ticket plan folks, presale, walk ups etc. = 1.8M  I do not think we will have a crowd below 22K.

Sell-outs for all May 19 - End of season Friday, Saturday and Sunday 18,000 per game 30 games = .540M

35K for weekday games against Angels (3), Stl (3) 13,000 per game over 22K for 6 games = .078M

Sell-outs Opening Day, 4th of July, Day before 4th of July, 3 Yankee games = 18K for these 6 games = .108 M

I think we'll see weekday totals between 30-35K and sellouts during the good matchups during the summer months. You're still predicting typical weekday games at 22,000 which I'd be shocked to see. So I think its realistic to see the attendance a bit higher. I don't think 2.8 is far-fetched.

QUOTE(Damen @ Dec 30, 2005 -> 10:59 AM)
I think we'll see weekday totals between 30-35K and sellouts during the good matchups during the summer months.  You're still predicting typical weekday games at 22,000 which I'd be shocked to see.  So I think its realistic to see the attendance a bit higher.  I don't think 2.8 is far-fetched.

Welcome to Soxtalk! :cheers

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Dec 30, 2005 -> 12:22 PM)
Game 1 of the WS---41,206

Game 2---41,432

Game 1 of the ALCS---40,659

Game 2----41,013

Game 1 of the DS---40,717

Game 2---40,799

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb..._day_by_day.jsp

A lot of that is because they sold areas like the PSB and the Patio as regular tickets instead of add ons. The regular season capacity is more like 39k.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Dec 30, 2005 -> 09:53 AM)
A lot of that is because they sold areas like the PSB and the Patio as regular tickets instead of add ons.  The regular season capacity is more like 39k.

Which means that for us to hit 3 million, we'd have to be near capacity at almost every single game - if we have to average 37,000+ and our capacity is 39,000, then you need 1 sellout for every game that you have a crowd of 35,000 fans, or you won't make it.

3 million just seems too high for us right now...I just can't see us selling out enough ballgames and drawing in enough big crowds during winter/after school restarts for games against K.C. or Tampa Bay.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Dec 30, 2005 -> 12:56 PM)
Which means that for us to hit 3 million, we'd have to be near capacity at almost every single game - if we have to average 37,000+ and our capacity is 39,000, then you need 1 sellout for every game that you have a crowd of 35,000 fans, or you won't make it.

3 million just seems too high for us right now...I just can't see us selling out enough ballgames and drawing in enough big crowds during winter/after school restarts for games against K.C. or Tampa Bay.

I think something like 2.7 million is more realistic. That would put us at 35k a night, and give room for a few bad draws to go along with the sellouts that should come down the pipeline.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Dec 30, 2005 -> 12:53 PM)
A lot of that is because they sold areas like the PSB and the Patio as regular tickets instead of add ons.  The regular season capacity is more like 39k.

40,615 to be exact....per the website.

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb...lpark/index.jsp

I was a little high with my original estimate.

QUOTE(SoxFanInDallas @ Dec 30, 2005 -> 01:56 PM)
40,615 to be exact....per the website.

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb...lpark/index.jsp

I was a little high with my original estimate.

Lots of the regular season includes free tickets to the games. People who redeem things like vouchers from the team, games lost to rain delays, and the free UD tickets that get given away. Those don't count in that number, because it is paid attendance only. That's why we never see that 40,615 number, except in the post season.