Panthers @ BEARS

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(whitesoxin' @ Jan 15, 2006 -> 07:50 PM)
He handled himself very well after the game. He is a hungry young man and will work hard to become a great QB.

Tons of people have good work ethics and don't make it. I'll give him dap for wanting to work hard, but he might injure himself again doing that. And honestly, I don't care what he says after the game. I rather have had him speak the truth and rip Tillman.

By the way, I don't know if this was mentioned, but the field sucked ass today, I've never seen such a bad playing surface. I saw atleast 15-20 guys slipping throughout the game, three times on crucial plays; the Kasey extra point and the two Smith TD's. Of course the TD's worked out in my favor :D , but the field conditions were inexcusable.

We got away from our gameplan. This is a running football team. Not a high wire passing team like the Colts or Cincy. Awful Game Plan by Ron Turner. Bad Defense and WTF was Chris Thompson doing covering Steve Smith. And I like Peanut Tillman (he has gone on our show and done promos for it) however Nathan Vasher should be the one covering Smith.

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Jan 15, 2006 -> 09:27 PM)
We got away from our gameplan. This is a running football team. Not a high wire passing team like the Colts or Cincy.  Awful Game Plan by Ron Turner.  Bad Defense and WTF was Chris Thompson doing covering Steve Smith.  And I like Peanut Tillman (he has gone on our show and done promos for it) however Nathan Vasher should be the one covering Smith.

For maybe the first time ever....I agree with you on all counts.

The Bears lost because they hit the panic button very early in the game. That first touchdown by the Panthers put us in total panic mode and we never came out of it. You don't ask a QB with no playoff experience, who hasn't played in two weeks to come out slinging with 20+ yard passes on our first posession. You establish the run and little by little start building the QBs confidence with 5, then 10, then 15 yard passes.

Once Rex got into a rythym, I thought he was really impressive. The defense really let us down today. Even if the bears would have played more run, less pass, Carolina was killing us at the line today early. Once Rex and Berrian started going together, they were somethign to see though. It turned out to be a great game to watch, even though the result sucked really bad. Hopefully Rex can get himself through a full season next year, I am looking forward to seeing if he can show us a little more, I liked what I saw so far.

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Jan 15, 2006 -> 09:27 PM)
We got away from our gameplan. This is a running football team. Not a high wire passing team like the Colts or Cincy.  Awful Game Plan by Ron Turner.  Bad Defense and WTF was Chris Thompson doing covering Steve Smith.  And I like Peanut Tillman (he has gone on our show and done promos for it) however Nathan Vasher should be the one covering Smith.

When was the last time the Bears had 3 offensive TDs in a game?

The game was lost on the defense. Plain and simple.

I can see wanting to run the ball more in that 1st quarter but overall the offense was fine.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Jan 15, 2006 -> 11:08 PM)
Once Rex got into a rythym, I thought he was really impressive.  The defense really let us down today.  Even if the bears would have played more run, less pass, Carolina was killing us at the line today early.  Once Rex and Berrian started going together, they were somethign to see though.  It turned out to be a great game to watch, even though the result sucked really bad.  Hopefully Rex can get himself through a full season next year, I am looking forward to seeing if he can show us a little more, I liked what I saw so far.

I totally expected their offense to make some adjustments to our D. Our game plan for our O let us down.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Jan 16, 2006 -> 12:22 AM)
Man it's starting to set in.  Football season is over... :(

This b**** is gonna sting for a good 2 months.

You don't think you will, but you'll have forgotten all about it by the start of next season. And you'll foolishly believe maybe THIS is the year. I'm getting good at this.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Jan 15, 2006 -> 11:24 PM)
You don't think you will, but you'll have forgotten all about it by the start of next season.  And you'll foolishly believe maybe THIS is the year.  I'm getting good at this.

One day, it will be THE year. Look at the 2005 White Sox, for example.

:gosox1: :notworthy :pray