Artest NOT NOT Traded

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Jan 24, 2006 -> 06:32 PM)
Apparently, this is what happened. "The dj asked who he would play for, Ron said "he would play for the raptors or any team in the hood." That's pretty stupid because it would go against him not wanting to go to Sac if you read it one way, but knowing Ron's history, I look at it again and it reads, "I want to go to a big city or a city with nothing but ghetto's because I want to get myself in trouble again."

I know Phil Jackson wants Artest, and Kobe and Odom have been not getting along very well lately supposedly. I still don't like the idea of this guy being able to dictate where he's going to play. The organization that is paying him has to do whats best for it and its fans. If and when he plays again, its only a matter of time before Artest embarrasses himself, his team and his sport again. They should tell him to go home, and never come back.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Jan 24, 2006 -> 04:34 PM)
I'm saying his comments did influence Sac, but it was Sac's decision. It's not like he went the Ron Seiklay route and said, "I won't report." He said he doesn't prefer to play there. Of course he had influence, I never said he didn't. He was the reason why they 2nd guessed the trade.

Yeah, but put yourself in Sac's shoes...if you're about to take on the biggest potential nightmare in the NBA, Terrel Owens plus violent charges into the crowd, that's one gigantic risk. If the guy so much as suggests he has any problems at all with the deal...you pull the plug instantly.

Actually, Bulls should've jumped on Carter because he's the exact player Pax is looking for - a guy with low trade value for whatever reason, but can consistantly create for himself and who'll get calls. Vince is still a superstar and he would look good on the Bulls right now. Oh well, I digress. VC never said he wouldn't play. He said (once he was with NJ) that he didn't give 100%. Zo though, flat out said he wouldn't play for Toronto and was able to walk away with tons of cash, plus a new contract on the team he wanted to be on.

Vince Carter is a slug on defense and he's a douchebag just like Artest. All douchebags being equal, give me the guy who plays great defense over the showboating scorer.

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Jan 24, 2006 -> 06:37 PM)
What team is going to trade for a player that says he doesn't want to play for them?  He stopped the trade from happening with his comments.  If he said nothing, he would be with the Kings right?

Teams will trade for someone who says he doesn't want to be there. But there is no way in hell a team should take a chance with Artest if he says he doesn't want to be there.

Teams will trade for someone who says he doesn't want to be there. But there is no way in hell a team should take a chance with Artest if he says he doesn't want to be there.

Tim Thomas b****ed and he hasn't seen a minute of playing time since. It's no surprise to me that the Kings backed out of this trade after Artest opened his stupid mouth.

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Jan 24, 2006 -> 06:42 PM)
Tim Thomas b****ed and he hasn't seen a minute of playing time since.  It's no surprise to me that the Kings backed out of this trade after Artest opened his stupid mouth.

They would have been crazy to complete the trade. It could have ruined their franchise.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Jan 24, 2006 -> 07:36 PM)
Actually, Bulls should've jumped on Carter because he's the exact player Pax is looking for - a guy with low trade value for whatever reason, but can consistantly create for himself and who'll get calls. Vince is still a superstar and he would look good on the Bulls right now. Oh well, I digress. VC never said he wouldn't play. He said (once he was with NJ) that he didn't give 100%. Zo though, flat out said he wouldn't play for Toronto and was able to walk away with tons of cash, plus a new contract on the team he wanted to be on.

Carters trade value was low last year because he was never healthy, he was taking plays off, not giving 100 percent, not working within the system. If he would have come to the Bulls last year, I am sure Skiles would have already jettisoned his lazy ass out by now, he isnt a skiles or paxson type player whatsoever. Pax is lookign for hustlers, people who want to win, he has been quoted as saying such many times. Carter didnt fit that mold whatsoever, he is a prima donna whose game is scoring, not defending. Thats the reason Tim Thomas is taking his 14 million dollar vacation, for the exact same reason.

I was reading the Artest timeline on espn.com. The funniest one was that he applied for a part-time job at a Circuit City before his rookie year with the Bulls. The Bulls put a stop to it before he was to start. Maybe he should make Circuit City a career now.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Jan 24, 2006 -> 06:42 PM)
Tim Thomas b****ed and he hasn't seen a minute of playing time since.  It's no surprise to me that the Kings backed out of this trade after Artest opened his stupid mouth.

Tim Thomas didn't b****, but he didn't do what was asked on the court. He's always been known to a guy who never puts in 100% effort which is why his former teammates have ripped him before.

About Vince Carter, I understand that he's a douche for what he did to Toronto towards the end, but anything other than that, he hasn't had any problems and hasn't complained ever outside of his circle. I'd take him on the Bulls anyday of the week.

P&G, I hear you because I just completed a trade that netted me Artest and Ben Wallace for Dalembert and Camby.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jan 24, 2006 -> 06:49 PM)
I was reading the Artest timeline on espn.com. The funniest one was that he applied for a part-time job at a Circuit City before his rookie year with the Bulls. The Bulls put a stop to it before he was to start. Maybe he should make Circuit City a career now.

That's weird, I heard he actually worked for Best Buy part time for like 4 days because he was flat broke from giving everyone money(friends, family) and then the Bulls found out and made him quit.

That's weird, I heard he actually worked for Best Buy part time for like 4 days because he was flat broke from giving everyone money(friends, family) and then the Bulls found out and made him quit.

I don't remember if it was Circuit City or Best Buy but I remember it being because he wanted the discount on electronics.

Edited by SSH2005

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Jan 24, 2006 -> 06:54 PM)
I don't remember is it was Circuit City or Best Buy but I remember it being because he wanted the discount on electronics.

No one can get there story straight. Google ron artest best buy...and ron artest circuit city... there will be lots that pop up.

Latest from Ron Artest:

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/arti...ORTS04/60124024

"There's no deal," Artest said in a telephone interview. "It's not that I don't want to play there . . . I'm letting my agent handle things. He's taken over things."

Artest said he is not planning to refuse a trade, but wants to speak with prospective teams first.

"I just want to meet with team officials of whichever team I'm headed to," he said. "I want to play, but I'm following the rules I have to follow. If I have to sit out, I sit out the season."

Wow, he really likes pissing off the Pacers.

This is why the NBA is going from one of the best leagues to being in serious trouble. The players are jerking around everyone from the fans to the owners. For basketball, I am skipping the pro game and watching college.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Jan 24, 2006 -> 03:28 PM)
He technically did stop the trade.  He told Sacramento he wasn't interested in coming there.  Even if he says he's going to report, why would you trade for a player that doesn't want to come there?

I really don't have a problem with what he said. Plenty of players haven't been happy with where they are going to go, but in the end he was willing to report.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jan 24, 2006 -> 04:30 PM)
Heck, that's nothing...look at the Vince Carter and Alonzo Mourning messes from last year...where the guys basically just said "We won't play" and forced trades for vastly lower value than they were worth.

Exactly, this has been done before. Artest even said he'd report, which is better than what Alonzo and Vince essentially did.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jan 24, 2006 -> 08:27 PM)
I really don't have a problem with what he said.  Plenty of players haven't been happy with where they are going to go, but in the end he was willing to report.

His comments are the result of the trade not happening though. It's exactly the same as what Mourning and others have done, because the result is the same.

You love Peyton Manning. Did him saying "I'm trying to be a good teammmate here..." make things better? Nope. This is the same thing man. He sugar coated it, is all.

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ Jan 24, 2006 -> 04:40 PM)
And my fantasy team still waits for the return of Ron Artest.......Uh. He's far too good for me to drop yet he remains on my active roster. Yuck

I'm in the same boat. I just hope to hell he gets dealt so I can have him down the stretch. The second the trade deadline passes, the second I waive is ass. I refuse to do it till than though cause he's too valuable.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jan 24, 2006 -> 07:31 PM)
I'm in the same boat. I just hope to hell he gets dealt so I can have him down the stretch.  The second the trade deadline passes, the second I waive is ass.  I refuse to do it till than though cause he's too valuable.

I know. His steals alone are worth so much. I can't believe its taken so long for this to get moving. Maybe Maggette will heal soon enough fo make a trade there