Cheney shoots Quail Hunter

bmags

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm surprised it took this long to reach Soxtalk. I woke up about 45 minutes ago, turned on CNN, and noticed the sprawling "Breaking News" title indicating Cheney accidentally shot someone. Immediately, I envisioned a fight breaking out between the conservative and liberal factions of Soxtalk. Guess it's too early for that. :D

Cheney should just hope to God this man survives. He's in his late 70's and had a plate full of shotgun pellets lodged in him.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Feb 12, 2006 -> 09:50 PM)
I'm surprised it took this long to reach Soxtalk. I woke up about 45 minutes ago, turned on CNN, and noticed the sprawling "Breaking News" title indicating Cheney accidentally shot someone.  Immediately, I envisioned a fight breaking out between the conservative and liberal factions of Soxtalk. Guess it's too early for that.  :D

Cheney should just hope to God this man survives. He's in his late 70's and had a plate full of shotgun pellets lodged in him.

hmm...i never actually read it...now i feel bad. The title produced some serious lol's though.

She said emergency personnel traveling with Cheney tended to Whittington, holding his face and cleaning up the blood.

"Fortunately, the vice president has got a lot of medical people around him and so they were right there and probably more cautious than we would have been," she said. "The vice president has got an ambulance on call, so the ambulance came."

:lolhitting

Edited by Goldmember

Time to stir the pot--

How long until a Democrat uses this accident against the Bush administration? Doesn't matter whether or not Cheney was the lone person involved; everyone associated with him will be included. I'm anticipating a comment from someone (probably Hillary) which says, "This administration has been incompetent since the moment they've entered the office. Just look at the shooting accident which occured over the weekend, for example....."

And to be clear, I'm not using this shooting accident as an example of how the Democratic party embraces cheap shots at inopportune times. I'm honestly curious to see how long it takes until someone within Congress brings it up.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

Isn't it funny how the GOP fans immediately start talking about cheap shots. LOL.

I wonder how long it will take until they blame this on Bill Clinton, announce it would have happened more often if Bush had not been President, laugh at giving the guy a Purple Heart like Kerry, and announce Chaney as a hero for saving the guy's life

QUOTE(Texsox @ Feb 12, 2006 -> 04:59 PM)
Isn't it funny how the GOP fans immediately start talking about cheap shots. LOL.

I wonder how long it will take until they blame this on Bill Clinton, announce it would have happened more often if Bush had not been President, laugh at giving the guy a Purple Heart like Kerry, and announce Chaney as a hero for saving the guy's life

Difference is your sarcastic scenario is unlikely. You think mine is? Don't be naive.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Feb 12, 2006 -> 11:09 PM)
Difference is your sarcastic scenario is unlikely. You think mine is? Don't be naive.

in my opinion cheney should be made fun of...

"something about a bunch of 70+ year old guys jumping out of pimped out hummers shooting things..."

QUOTE(Felix @ Feb 12, 2006 -> 05:28 PM)
The press doesn't get the story for 24 hours and 'Harry was in the line of fire and got peppered pretty good' was the best comment Cheney could give?  I expect more.

I agree. Not exactly a great opportunity to make light of a shooting. I'm sure many will wonder why it took 24 hours for the story to be released in a technological age such as today. Makes you wonder whether the delay was taken incase the man were to have died.....

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE(CanOfCorn @ Feb 12, 2006 -> 06:39 PM)
I must say, everyone here in Austin is a little on edge.  Now, if I hear a car backfire on IH-35, I'm screaming, "EVERYONE GET DOWN, CHENEY'S IN TOWN!!!!"

LMAO :D

QUOTE(Texsox @ Feb 12, 2006 -> 04:59 PM)

We know their coming.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Feb 12, 2006 -> 11:11 PM)
We know their coming.

Funny thing is the GOP keeps talking about this stuff, it never happens, but by then people think it happens. Nice technique of divisivness. Notice that no Dem has even really talked about the accident, it seems like a non-issue to me. Accidents happen, it is a shame.

The only ones talking about making it a political issue are Taa Daa, the GOPerheads around hear. :bang

Wouldn't the world be a betterplace if we didn't make paper tigers and make up stuff about each other?

But if this is talked about, let's see how long until someone mentions Bill Clinton, y'all always do.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Feb 13, 2006 -> 12:07 PM)
Funny thing is the GOP keeps talking about this stuff, it never happens, but by then people think it happens. Nice technique of divisivness. Notice that no Dem has even really talked about the accident, it seems like a non-issue to me. Accidents happen, it is a shame.

The only ones talking about making it a political issue are Taa Daa, the GOPerheads around hear.  :bang

Wouldn't the world be a betterplace if we didn't make paper tigers and make up stuff about each other?

But if this is talked about, let's see how long until someone mentions Bill Clinton, y'all always do.

just like how the liberals of the country would make sure that air marshall who killed the man who claimed he had a bomb would get fired right...that did happen right? No? They probably wanted it to, though