Thomas takes high road in response to Williams

greasywheels121

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Feb 27, 2006 -> 04:04 PM)
And you fickle fans that want to act like a guy wasn't s*** because he unfortunately wasn't able to be part of a magical title run are even more comical.  Will somebody please pull up some of the old "fire Kenny" threads from last September?

To mock all the ass kissers here

:notworthy

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Feb 27, 2006 -> 05:04 PM)
And you fickle fans that want to act like a guy wasn't s*** because he unfortunately wasn't able to be part of a magical title run are even more comical.  Will somebody please pull up some of the old "fire Kenny" threads from last September?

Fickle? Ha.

Yea I was a huge advocate of firing Kenny.

It makes no difference what he did on the field (which hasn't been anything for a while). You should be evaluating this without statistics to remove bias.

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Feb 27, 2006 -> 05:07 PM)
It makes no difference what he did on the field (which hasn't been anything for a while). You should be evaluating this without statistics to remove bias.

There is no sense arguing with "Frank Nation."

They are all too blinded by what he did during his MVP seasons.

Wait, that was a long ass time ago.

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Feb 27, 2006 -> 04:07 PM)

Frank has averaged less than 60 RBI a year the last 5 seasons. I think the $42.5 million paid to him during that time could have been spent a lot better.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Feb 27, 2006 -> 10:04 PM)

No, you don't understand. The Sox won because Frank Thomas wasn't there. Or wasn't playing. The reason they didn't win earlier was not that Kenny never put together a good pitching staff until last year, it was because of Frank and Carlos and Magglio. Many a-time Todd Ritchie was in the bullpen perfecting his 99 mph heater and 12-to-6 curve, when one of our power hitters would take the opposing pitcher deep. And Todd would become so disconsolate -- "Why could that not be a sac bunt instead?" -- that he would suddenly transform back into the crappy pitcher KW traded for. It makes perfect sense.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Feb 27, 2006 -> 04:06 PM)
Not true about me.  I've said atleast 600 times that Frank is no angel.

Yeah, Frank really is no angel. Though, I have seen his words get twisted around a lot the last 10 years. Frank is very vulnerable when it comes to the media. When he talks , he says the wrong things. When he ignores the media, it comes out as ignoring the fans. I don't know what was going on behind closed doors. I do know, every time I came down to the ball park, I would look down and see Frank always signing before the game, talking to the fans and not belittleing the fans because he is a big star ( I have seen it happen with some of the biggest names in chicago sports). Frank treats the fans well, as a fan, I will always support him.

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Feb 27, 2006 -> 04:07 PM)

GMAFB... did you cheer when he played this year...?

If you did... why?

If you would have evaluated his stats he clearly didn't deserve it... :rolly

Nobody should be getting their ass kissed in this situation. Frank was wrong and Kenny was wrong. Neither of them are innocent here. Frank whined until he got a response, and Kenny responded by getting personal. Its a classic elementary school battle. Nobody took the high road and both look bad. All this arguing over who was right and who was wrong is rediculous.

God, I can't wait till April 2!

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Feb 27, 2006 -> 04:07 PM)
There is no sense arguing with "Frank Nation."

They are all too blinded by what he did during his MVP seasons.

Wait, that was a long ass time ago.

.267/42/105/.390/.562/.952

.271/18/49/.434/.563/.997 (Played in just 74 games)

Let's keep in mind the guy had missed almost a year by the time he came back against the Angels. Still hits 12 bombs, including 4 game winners, in just over 100 at bats. Yeah, the guy has become a regular Rob Deer. He's just so done.

Edited by Jordan4life_2006

Or how about a certain someone saying they hoped that the Sox didn't make the playoffs. :)

QUOTE(Steff @ Feb 27, 2006 -> 05:13 PM)
GMAFB... did you cheer when he played this year...?

If you did... why?

If you would have evaluated his stats he clearly didn't deserve it...  :rolly

Wait, he played this past year?

Oh yea, then he got hurt, again.

Wait, it was the White Sox fault, he came back too early to help the team.

Yea, I really believe that.

Robin was my favorite player, fwiw. I went through a long period of hating Frank, especially during the whole diminished skills business. But he did a lot to win me back with his actions the last couple years. Y'all can say that it doesn't count, or whatever the explanation of that is. But it impressed me.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Feb 27, 2006 -> 05:16 PM)
LOL.  Yeah,  I was definitely an idiot for saying that.  That was just a knee jerk reaction to a horrible series in which I think we were swept by the Angels.

I've agreed with everything you have said the past 24 hours. I know exactly what you mean.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Feb 27, 2006 -> 04:14 PM)
Wait, he played this past year?

Oh yea, then he got hurt, again.

Wait, it was the White Sox fault, he came back too early to help the team.

Yea, I really believe that.

Just stop. You're making an ass of yourself. :ph34r:

He said he was misquoted and I believe him. I just finished junior theme and our teacher taught us how to change a quotes meaning without actually taking adding words to it. For example i found an article pretty much trashing Quentin Tarantino (guy who i picked to my junior theme about). The quote was this: "People think Tarantino is the Orson Wells of his generation but he is not. He is no different than any other director." Here what I used in my paper: "Tarantino is the Orson Wells of his generation." It is perfectly legal what I did. I am not adding words to it. That is probably what happened with Frank.