Thomas takes high road in response to Williams

greasywheels121

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Feb 27, 2006 -> 03:52 PM)
How many times did Bengie Molina say those things?  Was it repeatedly?

Frank Thomas started throwing the s***, KW finally answered back, and now Thomas is the bigger man because he's not going to respond.

Frank kept his comments to the job... he didn't stoop down to scooping personal s***.

Wonder how Kenny would feel if his dirty laundry was washed on the 7pm news...

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Feb 27, 2006 -> 04:54 PM)
Frank didn't call anyone an idiot.  And, through every article, he reitterated how much respect he still has for the organization, for the fans, and for the city.

Kenny is supposed to be above all these things.  IMO, and in the mind of fans of other teams, it doesn't reflect well.

Well, I've been getting nothing but compliments for KW for what he said. Baseball writers don't seem to be having a problem with this, either.

I think it's becoming clear that both parties are guilty of being assholes in certain respects, and we need to move on. The endless pissing matches on ESPN, these boards, sporstradio, and between the 2 men involved won't change the facts, which are both are wrong and this is sad and didn't need to happen.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Feb 27, 2006 -> 04:58 PM)
That's because everyone is blinded by the World Series title.  Kenny can do no wrong anymore.

I'm in Boston. Nobody here gives two s***s about the fact that the White Sox won the 2005 World Series (that's still fun to say :D ). Everybody I've heard from, besides some on this site, are happy with what KW said.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Feb 27, 2006 -> 03:58 PM)
That's because everyone is blinded by the World Series title.  Kenny can do no wrong anymore.

Well to be fair, people are going to stand by the GM who built a team that ended nearly 9 decades of failure, as opposed to a guy who has a rep for being a b****y diva superstar. It may not be fair, but that's how the 2 look right now.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Feb 27, 2006 -> 04:00 PM)
Everyone BOW down in front of the great Frank Thomas.

You Thomas slurpers are comical.

Maybe someone should start frankthomastalk.com

You are getting on my last nerve today...

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Feb 27, 2006 -> 03:56 PM)
What about saying "my players" and "my staff" don't miss him and are glad to see him go?  He speaks for everyone now?

You think that was off the cuff, you don't think he had discussed the situation with Ozzie and JR before he popped off? I think the response was mostly KW with a little Ozzie and JR thrown in. The fact that Ozzie said nothing speaks volumes. I know he said he doesn't start anything, but he does start things and Frank did mention Ozzie's exit from the White Sox as a player.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Feb 27, 2006 -> 10:00 PM)
I'm in Boston.  Nobody here gives two s***s about the fact that the White Sox won the 2005 World Series (that's still fun to say :D ).  Everybody I've heard from, besides some on this site, are happy with what KW said.

Hmm... Totally the opposite for me, except for a few Cub fans who are blinded by their Sox hatred.

I don't know what "everybody" you're talking about -- have these people ever heard of the word 'professionalism'?

And, it goes both ways, BTW -- Frank isn't perfect in this. I've said it, and will keep saying it. But he's not the one who started getting personal -- that was the GM.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Feb 27, 2006 -> 04:01 PM)
Well to be fair, people are going to stand by the GM who built a team that ended nearly 9 decades of failure, as opposed to a guy who has a rep for being a b****y diva superstar.  It may not be fair, but that's how the 2 look right now.

People will stand by the name on the front, not the name on the back...

I could care less if we won 10 games last year, that wouldn't make this any different.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Feb 27, 2006 -> 04:00 PM)
Everyone BOW down in front of the great Frank Thomas.

You Thomas slurpers are comical.

Maybe someone should start frankthomastalk.com

And you fickle fans that want to act like a guy wasn't s*** because he unfortunately wasn't able to be part of a magical title run are even more comical. Will somebody please pull up some of the old "fire Kenny" threads from last September?

QUOTE(Steff @ Feb 27, 2006 -> 03:46 PM)
And... how is that any of the rest of the world's business..?

Bruce Levine reported this the last time Frank was b****ing about contract extensions from us. Anytime he moaned, it was because of the incentives in his deal and the fact that he wasnt getting paid up front. I guess not "new" news, but Kenny def brought the memory back fresh into everyone's minds.

I completely agree that its not the public's business to know such transactions and stability, but so is baseball as a business. Coming from Kenny's side, you have to establish the creditability to other players, teams and fans that the organization actually went well beyond the boundries for Frank, even though he insisted that the White Sox did nothing for him or his career. With Frank it has always been what have you done for me lately, except without giving anything back in return. With Frank's answers today, it seems like KW's comments finally struck a chord with Hurt on how out of place he was for making such outrageous and selfish comments. He should listen to himself on the WS dvd, "everyone told me to get a ring I would have to get outta here..... I'm glad I stayed and won one here." Blah Blah Blah.... The one star player in the 90s not to use steroids and he still found a way to turn everyone against him. Surprised, no. A shame?? Absolutely.