Oakland Regional

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Mar 12, 2006 -> 06:18 PM)
Kansas is too low in this bracket.  UCLA got a lot of love.

KU got what they deserved the highest 4 seed. THIS FOR THE BIG 12 CHAMPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Mar 13, 2006 -> 12:25 AM)
I'll also say I like Indiana to make the elite 8, only to lose to the Kansas/Memphis winner.  But those are 2 young teams, Indiana could win this region and I would not be surprised.

Dude there you go again!

Stop that s***. Let's just focus on SD State and see what happens.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Mar 12, 2006 -> 05:23 PM)
I could see Gonzaga losing to Xavier, and Indiana could kick their ass if they get past SDSU.  This bracket is impossible to predict, I'm gonna suck it up.

lol I think most of us know you'd take whoever against Gonzaga. Are you still gonna ban yourself for a week or whatever if they win more than 2 games? haha

This region is going to be make or break for a lot of people. This region could seriously be upset city; pitt, kansas, zaga, and indiana are all going to have real hard first round games. I got SDSU and Xavier moving on but I wouldn't be surprised at all if the Flashes and Braves advance.

This region is definitely messed up. I don't really like most of the teams in this bracket, but I gotta have someone advance.

Memphis got a really good draw, because they can definitely beat everyone in this bracket. I thought they'd get a really tough 4-5 seed, but Kansas is a lot like them. They're both really young and really athletic. I think that's about the best they could have hoped for.

UCLA did too. They can easily get to the Elite 8 with that draw, contrary to what I said recently. I don't think they'll beat the Memphis/Kansas winner, but I think they can take everyone up to that point. I personally think Marquette will be a tougher game for them than Gonzaga or Indiana.

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Mar 12, 2006 -> 06:39 PM)
lol I think most of us know you'd take whoever against Gonzaga. Are you still gonna ban yourself for a week or whatever if they win more than 2 games? haha

Yep, Gonzaga isn't going anywhere. They win 1 game tops, and I'll for sure do the week ban if they win more than 2.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Mar 12, 2006 -> 07:08 PM)
Yep, Gonzaga isn't going anywhere.  They win 1 game tops, and I'll for sure do the week ban if they win more than 2.

lol I'm not gonna hold you do it so IF they get more than 2 it's your choice.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Mar 12, 2006 -> 07:29 PM)
Haha no, I've said if Gonzaga wins more than 2 games (ie gets to the Elite 8 or better) I'll ban myself for a week.  And i'm sticking to it.

LOL. That's good then. I actually like talking college hoops with you.

Edited by Jordan4life_2006

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Mar 12, 2006 -> 07:31 PM)
Thanks for the support although some people (most people) might say you need to see a doctor if you enjoy my thoughts.

lol I like listening to your comments, sure I don't agree with them most of the time but I love hearing different opinions.

Thanks for the support although some people (most people) might say you need to see a doctor if you enjoy my thoughts.

I have no problem debating with somebody that actually knows what he's talking about. You know what they say, it'd be a boring ass world if everybody agreed on everything all the time.

I enjoy your thoughts as well, i think what people (illini fans mainly) don't like is the f*** THIS s*** THIS TEAM SUCKS THEY WON'T WIN ANOTHER GAME EVER AGAIN, jumping off the roof type posts....know what i mean?

Don't know about the others, but DC has 15.

UNC) 4

Kentucky) 7

Connect.) 2

Mich. St) 2

However, since 1978, the DC bracket has almost 33% of the championships. Since 1990, 44% of the championships. Since 1996, 60% of the championships. :D

I don't think the other brackets even come close to those two. They're probably in single digits, since most of the powerhouses are in those two brackets. The only ones I know have won it all in Atlanta are Duke and Cuse (I think Cal won one in the early days of the tourney, and maybe Iowa), and I think it's just Nova, OSU, and Zona in Minny (maybe Wisconsin). I seriously doubt either of those brackets has more than about 5.

Edited by ZoomSlowik