• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

#1 Villanova

#16 Monmouth/Hampton play in winner

#8 Arizona

#9 Wisconsin

#5 Nevada (huh? Nevada AND Washington 5's?)

#12 Montana

#4 Boston College

#13 Pacific

#2 Ohio State (no surprise)

#15 Davidson

#7 Georgetown

#10 Northern Iowa

#3 Florida

#14 South Alabama

#6 Oklahoma

#11 UW-Milwaukee

More upset potential in this thread...#11, #13, #10 that 8 vs. 9 matchup is great. Interesting.......to me, this region seems pretty meh.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

I'm never sold on Florida in the dance, and Boston College has a recent history of tourney s***. In terms of THIS YEAR, I guess this bracket is tough...but I can't ignore the recent past.

I like both teams because of their strength inside with a great shooting PG running the show. This team is different from the soft Florida teams of the past, as Billy finally learned he had to build inside out, and you won't find a better 4-5 combo than Horford and Noah.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Mar 12, 2006 -> 03:39 PM)
#1 Villanova

#16 Monmouth/Hampton play in winner

#8 Arizona

#9 Wisconsin

#5 Nevada (huh? Nevada AND Washington 5's?)

#12 Montana

#4 Boston College

#13 Pacific

#2 Ohio State (no surprise)

#15 Davidson

#7 Georgetown

#10 Northern Iowa

#3 Florida

#14 South Alabama

#6 Oklahoma

#11 UW-Milwaukee

More upset potential in this thread...#11, #13, #10 that 8 vs. 9 matchup is great.  Interesting.......to me, this region seems pretty meh.

Iowa should have been the 3 in this bracket, but I agree this is a much more normal bracket. I also think its the easiest one cause all the brackets screw jobs left some pretty good teams seeded too low, imo.

I also think its the easiest one cause all the brackets screw jobs left some pretty good teams seeded too low, imo.

1 seed: comparable to other brackets, maybe the 3rd overall 1 seed. (Nova)

2 seed: arguably best 2 seed in tournament, OSU w/ Texas neck and neck

3 seed: arguably best 3 seed in tournament, UF w/ Iowa neck and neck

4 seed: comparable to other brackets, four very good 4 seeds. (BC)

5 seed: clearly behind Pitt, but arguable with the others (Nevada)

6 seed: worst 6 seed in tourney, admitted (Oklahoma)

7 seed: arguably top 7 seed in tourney, (Georgetown)

8/9 seed: Ariz/Wisc. as good of a matchup as any other 8/9 matchup.

This bracket has 7 of the final top 25 teams in the nation in last weeks polls.

QUOTE(Palehosefan @ Mar 12, 2006 -> 06:46 PM)
1 seed: comparable to other brackets, maybe the 3rd overall 1 seed. (Nova)

2 seed: arguably best 2 seed in tournament, OSU w/ Texas neck and neck

3 seed: arguably best 3 seed in tournament, UF w/ Iowa neck and neck

4 seed: comparable to other brackets, four very good 4 seeds. (BC)

5 seed: clearly behind Pitt, but arguable with the others (Nevada)

6 seed: worst 6 seed in tourney, admitted (Oklahoma)

7 seed: arguably top 7 seed in tourney, (Georgetown)

8/9 seed: Ariz/Wisc. as good of a matchup as any other 8/9 matchup.

This bracket has 7 of the final top 25 teams in the nation in last weeks polls.

Yeah they said Nova is the 3rd overall seed. This will be a good bracket, but I still think Oakland is the most wide open.

QUOTE(thedoctor @ Mar 12, 2006 -> 08:11 PM)
i like ohio state's chances in this bracket. not a team they can't beat.

I think playing Georgetown in the second round could be an interesting game. The Hoyas have enough size to make life difficult for OSU in the paint on both ends, which is a major problem since OSU hasn't been hitting their 3's at a very high rate of late.

QUOTE(ZoomSlowik @ Mar 12, 2006 -> 07:16 PM)
I think playing Georgetown in the second round could be an interesting game. The Hoyas have enough size to make life difficult for OSU in the paint on both ends, which is a major problem since OSU hasn't been hitting their 3's at a very high rate of late.

Ya, I have the Hoyas taking out OSU in round 2.

QUOTE(ZoomSlowik @ Mar 13, 2006 -> 01:16 AM)

i like georgetown a lot. and you are right, they have a pretty deep front line which will help against dials. at this point though i am not even totally sure g'town beats northern iowa.

QUOTE(thedoctor @ Mar 12, 2006 -> 08:22 PM)
i like georgetown a lot. and you are right, they have a pretty deep front line which will help against dials. at this point though i am not even totally sure g'town beats northern iowa.

Definitely a solid point on the first game, I'm just jumping ahead of myself. Honestly, at this point I'm seeing the teams I like and occasionally glossing over another pretty solid team in my haste (I totally forgot that Kansas plays Pitt in the second, and I'm already worrying about them playing Memphis :bang).

I can't wait to see how this bracket plays out. It should be very interesting, as there seem to be a lot of strong teams. Honestly, I kind of wish the committee put a team or two in a different bracket to balance things out more. But with the Minneapolis region being so loaded and my personal belief that there are a lot of suspect teams in the Oakland region, it should definitely be an entertaining tournament. :headbang

QUOTE(ZoomSlowik @ Mar 13, 2006 -> 01:45 AM)
Definitely a solid point on the first game, I'm just jumping ahead of myself. Honestly, at this point I'm seeing the teams I like and occasionally glossing over another pretty solid team in my haste (I totally forgot that Kansas plays Pitt in the second, and I'm already worrying about them playing Memphis :bang).

I can't wait to see how this bracket plays out. It should be very interesting, as there seem to be a lot of strong teams. Honestly, I kind of wish the committee put a team or two in a different bracket to balance things out more. But with the Minneapolis region being so loaded and my personal belief that there are a lot of suspect teams in the Oakland region, it should definitely be an entertaining tournament.  :headbang

no doubt. this to me is one of the more interesting brackets. a lot of prospective final four teams here, although i don't know if there's a national champion in this bracket.

that's cool, though. it is awesome to have the tournament back. :headbang